PDA

View Full Version : Someone explain why the JDM tails have a clear section by the reverse light?

ep pilot
04-28-2003, 11:53 PM
I don't understand, USDM ails are Red & Clear. The red circle at the top is the indicator, and the stop/tail is at the bottom.

I have noted on a few of your rides that have JDM tails there is a clear section ajacent to the reverse lamp?:o Is your top space defunct, and the clear portion to the side your indicator, or is it just clear like that for looks?

Id like to know, as I would like to get the JDM tails and at a rear fog in that location on one side, or mod my USDM for a rear fog as it's allready red.

-Ryanhttp://www.civictype-r.co.uk/images/stoo.jpg

This is what I am talking about.....

ep pilot
04-29-2003, 12:02 AM
Any Info on that exhaust too! gosh it is so clean and understated... I would pay good $$$ for a setup like that as oppose to the canister style that is so popular here.

-Ryan

G-J
04-29-2003, 01:22 AM
Non USDM have that as their blinker on the side there instead of the top light that we have. Not sure about the exhaust though... I like that too

steve_jones
04-29-2003, 01:36 AM
Hi there , the indicator is next to the reverse light , as previouley stated

The exhaust is made by a compny called Magnex here in the UK , it costs around

Suk02Si
04-29-2003, 02:38 AM
Thanks for the link, its a very nice looking exhaust.

Oval exhaust (http://www.magnexexhausts.com/pages/html/exhausts/oval/small_ovali.htm)

King Kang
04-29-2003, 08:10 AM
Note how the angled tailpipe follows the shape of the car, reinforcing its robust design. I like that!

2k3vbpEP
04-30-2003, 10:27 PM
Hey steve if you see this thread I was wondering if you could do something for me. I am really interested in getting the JDM/UKDM tails but want to get it wired right. Can you see if you can find the tag on the wiring loom that goes to each tail and get me a part number so I can try to plug and play instead of re-wire my lights, thanks in advance.

StrangeShadow
04-30-2003, 11:15 PM
that is the best looking single exaust I have sean on an ep yet.
Now I'll be stuck debating over that one and the twin can. dcsport one.

steve_jones
05-01-2003, 01:28 AM
Hi there ill try, but the looms probably the same, its more likley the pcb inside the light is different than the loom if that makes sense ?

Steve

Originally posted by 2k3vbpEP
Hey steve if you see this thread I was wondering if you could do something for me. I am really interested in getting the JDM/UKDM tails but want to get it wired right. Can you see if you can find the tag on the wiring loom that goes to each tail and get me a part number so I can try to plug and play instead of re-wire my lights, thanks in advance.

2k3vbpEP
05-01-2003, 01:49 AM
Actually on the JDM and UK lights there are 2 additional lights that aren't wired on our lights (2 more connectors) I'm sure I can get it wired up right it would just be a lot easier with the proper assembly.