PDA

View Full Version : Venting

AznPower
04-29-2003, 09:38 AM
Damn truck drivers should be responsiable for picking up there damn tires when it blows. It pisses me off when i see them lyin in the middle of the fucking road and i can't dodge them. I was driving down I-77 and a neon hits this tire and lays it across the highway and i theres no way i can dodge it because theres are cars to my right and i was in the left lane and wham it cracks my front bumper. I just got my car back like 2 wks ago too. Now its going to cost me $200 to fix.

AznPower
04-29-2003, 09:39 AM

AznPower
04-29-2003, 09:40 AM

RiceCzechs
04-29-2003, 09:50 AM
That sucks... looks like a nice unit (BC?), too... $200 doesn't sound so bad, though, all things considered...

craig
04-29-2003, 10:05 AM
that kit looks sik on silver*

BlasTech
04-29-2003, 10:10 AM
If the bumper is ABS plastic, you could fix it for a few bucks the same way motorcycle riders fix thier fairings. You'll need: MEK solvent (a quart can from Home-Depot for around $5) and some touch-up paint. Let me know if you want some details.

Makross
04-29-2003, 10:13 AM
damn thats sucks but its fixable

todaCspec
04-29-2003, 10:18 AM
Goes to show, fiberglass is strong. I thought it was going to be alot worse. They sell fiberglass repair kits at your local automotive shop(AutoZone) for under $20, but you'll still need to paint it.

AznPower
04-29-2003, 10:25 AM
yea im just going to get a body shop to fix and repaint. I will prolly get the whole car repainted to match, so i don't get any light or dark spots. plus it poped out my side moding on the bumper

King Kang
04-29-2003, 11:00 AM
That really sucks for you man......I know what you mean about those random tire pieces laying around in the middle of highways. You see them all the time...funny thing is that I've never actually witnessed a tire disintegrating though.

Good luck getting that fixed. I don't think its fair that you should be responsible for paying for that. It's not really an act of God you know. Somebody left that crap in the middle of the road because their tires weren't up to code. It's like punching somebody in the dark.

OldSIMan
04-29-2003, 11:25 AM
Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago on my '92 Si. Only, it took out the left half of the bumper cover, inner wheel well liner, and windshield washer resevior.
It sucks, but nothing a little time and money won't solve. :)

ny-quiL
04-29-2003, 12:10 PM
word. last night when i was driving down I-90 in cleveland a car hit a tire from a truck and it shot up in the air at my car, had to shoot over to the shoulder to miss it..... i think id go on a rampage if that shit hit my car.

....think .50 cal rifle vs Engine block of an 18 wheeler :D

master7
04-29-2003, 02:36 PM
Peace AznPower- you are in Charlotte, well I'll be damn you're the first I've seen on this board, i met slow02 from Mathews but now he got a s2000- man maybe we can meet up or something- PM me if you are interested- peace-

sorry to hear about yr mis fortune,

bioevolve
04-29-2003, 03:04 PM
Sorry to hear about that. I can relate.
I ran over a muffler on the highway with my lowered CRX, The car like lauched of the road hehehe.
A full size carpet flew out of a truck and opened up and just about engulfed my whole car, blinding my vision, luckly it didnt stay on the car for a second.