PDA

View Full Version : 91 SI ripped off!

BSEVEER
04-29-2003, 01:54 PM
My brother in law lives with me and my wife and last night his car got ripped off right out of our driveway. I was up until 3:00 or so because I don't have a job, so they must have got it between then and about 8:00 when it was first noticed missing. What really bothers me is that something was taken out of my driveway, I couldn't care less about his car, he doesn't. My wife gave it to him a couple of years ago and he has done nothing but beat the shit out of it. It must have been unlocked, just one of his bad habits, because there was no broken glass on the ground. The good thing was my EP was at the dealer over night while they are fixing my steering wheel and passenger side seat cover. We live in a pretty nice area with very little crime so the cop said it is probably some bored rich kid joy riding in it. Anyway, I'm glad my EP is ok!

SmoothOperator
04-29-2003, 07:00 PM
Let us know if it turns up. I'm just curious what happens to it.

Dunrick
04-29-2003, 07:26 PM
EG's get jacked all the time - they are like elementary school for thieves...

IceD out N CALI
04-29-2003, 07:39 PM
91 is an EF, and 92-95 EG's;)

Makross
04-29-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
91 is an EF, and 92-95 EG's;)

YuP

Tekdemon
04-29-2003, 08:16 PM
I wouldn't worry too much...but install a camera security system overlooking your parking area if you want...if I lived in a house I would.

Last time some fucker keyed my car RIGHT in front of my apartment complex, where I could see my car out the window! So people are more than willing to mess with your stuff right in front of your house.

But if you have a camera they might be scared off, or if they're not, you have them on tape and can then threaten to turn them into the cops to get your car fixed, and/or call the cops on them, and/or beat the crap out of them if you're into that sort of thing, and/or go steal THEIR car for Karma's sake =P

It'd be pretty funny if I knew who keyed my car and the next day their car ended up in a lake. What a coincidence that would be eh?

IceD out N CALI
04-29-2003, 08:24 PM
It'd be pretty funny if I knew who keyed my car and the next day their car ended up in a lake. What a coincidence that would be eh?

watch out:o ;)

Tragedy
04-29-2003, 10:23 PM
I own a 91 Si. Even if he did lock the doors, I doubt the thieves had any trouble getting in. Older Hondas are easy as hell to get into. I don't know how many times I've locked my keys in my Civic and had no problem opening the door...

StrangeShadow
04-29-2003, 11:22 PM
yeah...i've been told,all you need to jack an older honda is a screwdriver...pretty sucky...hope things end up ok for you guys.

BSEVEER
04-30-2003, 12:16 PM
My 91si was parked right in front of it but it would be more difficult to steal because it has been parked since I got my EP and the battery is dead.

IceD out N CALI
04-30-2003, 01:11 PM
they could have push started it?

BSEVEER
04-30-2003, 03:34 PM
It has been parked too long. They would probably have to push it to wherever they were going.:D

StrangeShadow
04-30-2003, 04:29 PM
hehe I can picture a bunch of ricers going down the road pushing a 91si, I bet that would turn some heads hehe :D

IceD out N CALI
04-30-2003, 04:54 PM
haha, that would be funny

cease
04-30-2003, 05:47 PM
dam bseever that sucks good luck getting it back in one piece

StrangeShadow
04-30-2003, 11:24 PM
dam bseever that sucks good luck getting it back in one piece
hehe ...more like...good luck getting ONE piece back...hehe
j/k
I hate car thieves, they need to find jobs and buy/earn their own $#%@.

BSEVEER
05-01-2003, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the good thoughts. The worst part about it is that it only has liability insurance so if we don't get it back it's a total loss :'(

StrangeShadow
05-01-2003, 04:28 PM
that sucks, a friend of mine just got her accord back, all they took was the radio and alarm system, however, the ppl that took it played slice and dice on her interrior :'( but I think she had more than liability so the insurance replaced the interrior.