PDA

View Full Version : okay, holy shyt! I can't get the Velox rims...Wheelmax says they don't have them

02SilverSiHB
04-29-2003, 08:08 PM
First they do, now they don't!!!!! errrr! So I asked for my 100 bucks back as I'm not going to buy from them anymore. They never have anything in that I want...so why not just take the damn rims off their site...it's a tease. He tries to get me to buy these Exel rims that "look just the same" but they don't the exel ones have thicker spokes...damn! I wanted the RH CP8's, but they don't have those either. I have the money, but can't even buy the rims I want! So I have like 1200 bucks to spend, I guess I'll keep looking around and hope that some damn place has the rims I want.

silver ep
04-29-2003, 08:38 PM
That sux man, and you thought you were all set! Christ its hard enough just deciding on which rims to get and then they say they are all out...damn! :eek: :(

chet
04-29-2003, 08:44 PM
I'm sure you could locate them elsewhere. Try the Velox website.

!@#$%
04-29-2003, 08:57 PM
i think showstoppers may be a distributor of Velox wheels. i would see what chuck could do. be glad wheelmax didnt have the wheels. when i ordered from them about 18 months ago, they sent me the wrong color rim, then sent me the wrong rims altogether. i just kept em. see it as a blessing. wheelmax doesn't deserve your money anyway. :)

ssvr6
04-29-2003, 09:26 PM
Seriously man, check out Ebay!

Steve

02SilverSiHB
04-29-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by !@#$%
i think showstoppers may be a distributor of Velox wheels. i would see what chuck could do. be glad wheelmax didnt have the wheels. when i ordered from them about 18 months ago, they sent me the wrong color rim, then sent me the wrong rims altogether. i just kept em. see it as a blessing. wheelmax doesn't deserve your money anyway. :)
ah oh....I just called again, because I found some that I liked:
http://www.wheelmax.com/Wheels/exel/tz5.gif
I don't want to pay much more than that for rims...as I want to save the money for some other rims for autoxing. They better not screw this up! Oh and they didn't have them in! :p but they said they'll be in on the 5th of May and should send them out and be at my place by the 12 or so.

ssvr6
04-29-2003, 09:40 PM
Are those blue stripes on the back lip?

Steve

chunky
04-29-2003, 09:49 PM
try wheels.cc

http://www.wheels.cc/wheels_by_brand.html?stage=2&brand=Velox&model=VX8

they have the velox vx8 for 139/wheel.

they also have the vx8r

and you can pick what tires you want between a few name brands

02SilverSiHB
04-29-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6
Are those blue stripes on the back lip?

Steve
I think so, but barely noticeable

02SilverSiHB
04-30-2003, 12:36 AM
Okay, you guys are going to think I've about lost my mind :D
I saw a reply of k-series on ephatch saying there were some blue stripes...I didn't think they were noticeable, but then I got to my dorm and got on the computer here and whoa! yeah too noticeable. So I called and left a message to cancel my order with the rims.

So now, I have bought these (Arospeed Statics) via the net, so it should be a done deal :)
I got them for 859 with toyo Fz4 tires shipped with the lug nuts...so, it should be a done deal.

here they are:
http://www.arospeedwheels.com/largeimages/large_Static_silver.jpg
oh yeah, anyone know the weight of these rims? I found out that the tires I bought weigh 21lbs.

StrangeShadow
04-30-2003, 05:23 PM
I found out that the tires I bought weigh 21lbs
woo more than our stock wheels!!!
although the wheels are cool, has the buddy club style :) cool

StrangeShadow
04-30-2003, 05:25 PM
wooo unlimited suply of vx8' on ebay, in 16' - 18'

02SilverSiHB
04-30-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by StrangeShadow

woo more than our stock wheels!!!
although the wheels are cool, has the buddy club style :) cool
the tires, not the wheels, weigh 21lbs....tires can weigh a lot.

StrangeShadow
04-30-2003, 10:50 PM
oops, sorry about that, read alittle fast, great choice on the wheels though.

02SilverSiHB
05-01-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by StrangeShadow
oops, sorry about that, read alittle fast, great choice on the wheels though.
:D I didn't even see what you said, I assume maybe it was the other rim you didn't like?