PDA

View Full Version : Problem.. Need to solve fast!

PoRT
04-30-2003, 12:03 AM
The JDM header is like a 4-2-1 design, however, is like the header goes 4-2 and the B-pipe(which ido not have) goes 2-1. therefor my b-pipe (the thing with the cat on it) will NOT bolt up to this JDM header, i am out of cash, and i need my car to work by this weekend. i am pretty screwed. ican sell some things i guess.. it came with the JDM intake(stock) i guess i could sell the JDM exaust manifold, or trade it(but i would rather use it) i dunno, got to figure something out quick!

Suk02Si
04-30-2003, 02:18 AM
Too bad your out of money, because you could've gotten this.

$580
http://www.jdmhondaparts.com/vision/vision.k20-downpipe.jpg :eek:

Dunrick
04-30-2003, 07:27 AM
lol....how would you just trade exhaust manifolds? You crazy

King Kang
04-30-2003, 07:49 AM
Wow, you are screwed.....have you bitched at the person you bought the engine and transaxle from? You might be able to claim that you understood your b-pipe to be included with the purchase, and that since it wasn't you should be refunded X amount of $ or recieve the appropriate b-pipe. A friend of mine got a free turbo legacy motor from Japan Direct because the WRX clip he bought had some damaged parts that they were unaware of when they sold it to him.

Makross
04-30-2003, 09:46 AM
how much you want for your jdm intake?

PoRT
04-30-2003, 01:11 PM
ok.. no problems any more... RSXTypeR hooked me up. That guy is the man. if ya see this richard.. thanks for the help. Install will go as planned and be finished by this saturday. pics will be up shortly.

as for the type r stock intake.. i havnt put any thought into it, i will let you know.--Tim

also, the guy that sold me the engine told me there was no b-pipe.. so i knew that, its my fault for not researching the JDM exaust manifold.. i should have paid more attention to it. its not Derek's(the seller) fault. he was very helpful with everything

02SilverSiHB
04-30-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by PoRT
ok.. no problems any more... RSXTypeR hooked me up. That guy is the man. if ya see this richard.. thanks for the help. Install will go as planned and be finished by this saturday. pics will be up shortly.

as for the type r stock intake.. i havnt put any thought into it, i will let you know.--Tim

also, the guy that sold me the engine told me there was no b-pipe.. so i knew that, its my fault for not researching the JDM exaust manifold.. i should have paid more attention to it. its not Derek's(the seller) fault. he was very helpful with everything
what's so different with the jdm intake?

redronin22
04-30-2003, 08:22 PM
Why did u need a K20a when u already had a a2? what are the major differences? if u wnated more power why not a k24 a2? it will kill a k20a

PoRT
04-30-2003, 08:48 PM
k24 a2? it will kill a k20a i disagree

there are many differences between the two.. its late so i will generalize tonight, and give more details tomorrow. the JDM spec is just an overall better engine. its made better, stronger, higher quality. the transmition alone is worth the swap though. close ratio 6 speed, with Limited Slip Differential. lightened flywheel, etc.. put it this way, if i was keeping my K20A2, i was going to just buy all the type R parts to get more Hp out of it. example.. i had the type r cams, i was going to get the type r intake manifold(which i would have to get ported to spec) the t-body, and the hondata ITR flash, the Type r flywheel, etc...

if u have ever had any experience with a JDM engine, you would understand(or maybe you have) but my personal preference tells me it was WELL worth the swap and money i put up. you will see when i start modding this and put up some N/A numbers. i cant wait:D :D

dustinhurley
04-30-2003, 08:57 PM
So, you mean to tell me you bought a brand new Si, then put an RSX-S motor in it, then put an ITR motor in it? What do you do for a living? I might need to start looking for a new career.

PoRT
04-30-2003, 09:12 PM
my theory is buy now.. pay later:D
lol j/j i manage money well.

i own a cell phone company.. but i just bought it and havnt gotten paid commision yet, so thats not where the cash came from.. all u have to save is a little, u can get a lot for your current motor. just look for good deals

JunEP3
04-30-2003, 11:11 PM
Honestly i'd like to get rid of my current engine. but i seriously have not clue as to where to look for the people that would buy it. any ideas or people that you know that are looking for a k20a3?

Suk02Si
05-01-2003, 02:23 AM
possibly www.7thgencivic.com