PDA

View Full Version : Engine Torque Dampener??

GeNoZiDe
04-30-2003, 06:46 AM
whats the jackson racing Engine Torque Dampener do? LOL and where can i get one? for how much too?

i couldnt find a thread on what it actually does :(

CSMsi311
04-30-2003, 07:58 PM
not positive about the jackson racing unit.

But I've seen one (not sure of the make) on chris dye's (Webmaster of Clubrsx.com) car and looks like a really nice piece.

he said it keeps the engine from twisting (from the mad torque :)) without the NVH associated with engine mount inserts. He also mentioned that it decreased the amount of wheel hop.

pobanaitsa
04-30-2003, 08:51 PM
you mean j's racing...... :rolleyes:

todaCspec
05-01-2003, 06:16 AM
They also goy ALEX's engine dampner offered at AJ-Racing.

SiRman
05-01-2003, 08:51 AM
Here is the Mr Alex one that AJ Racing carries:

http://www.aj-racing.com/Products/Alex/images/ETD/DSCN1549a.jpg

c0mf0rt
05-01-2003, 11:26 AM
I went to the AJ Racing site.... how do you order those things?????? I'm really interested in the Front Strut and the Dampner.... le'me know

SiRman
05-01-2003, 01:23 PM
AJ Racing is local to me so I either go in or phone, but you can email them. I'm not sure if they have the engine dampers in stock,
but last time I was in ,they had the Mr Alex strut bars in stock.

CSMsi311
05-01-2003, 01:38 PM
i would like to get one for my car. that pic looks like a B-series engine.

Also, the guys unit looked like the green one pictured above

02SilverSiHB
05-01-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by CSMsi311
i would like to get one for my car. that pic looks like a B-series engine.

Also, the guys unit looked like the green one pictured above
seems like a nice alternative to engine mounts. Put it on when you want to, take off when you want to...much better than having that vibration everyday you drive your car.

c0mf0rt
05-01-2003, 06:30 PM
Could you tell me how much the strut bars run then?????

GeNoZiDe
05-01-2003, 09:17 PM
how much was the Mr Alex Engine Torque damper going for?

spoon3168
05-01-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by SiRman
AJ Racing is local to me so I either go in or phone, but you can email them. I'm not sure if they have the engine dampers in stock,
but last time I was in ,they had the Mr Alex strut bars in stock.
at least ur local, i e-mail them and now they refer me to speedstar their price is daily different..:'( and i have to pay 15%TAX..damn......

GeNoZiDe
05-01-2003, 09:35 PM
yo i live close to speedstar :) , wana post the price of it up after? :D
Im gonna go there to buy the spoon earth ground system like next week i think its like 208 canadian

spoon3168
05-02-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by GeNoZiDe
yo i live close to speedstar :) , wana post the price of it up after? :D
Im gonna go there to buy the spoon earth ground system like next week i think its like 208 canadian
ohh i haven't ask yet, cause couple of my friend ask and the price was way higher than A&J, my other friend ask about the price and next day he wants to order and the price was way off....the ground cable was it include tax?? i haven't buy anything yet from them...i ask them a price then they take ages to give me a price, ohh well i think they are so disorganize on the pricing...:( a friend of mine knows them, he probably can get a better price.. poleposition at least has reasonable prices..and they have groupbuy..

SiRman
05-02-2003, 08:56 AM
Could you tell me how much the strut bars run then?????
how much was the Mr Alex Engine Torque damper going for?

I will phone them today and check it out for you guys.

GeNoZiDe
05-02-2003, 11:36 AM
well as for any performence car related store its always best to go in person for a price, thats what i learned. Otherwise they tend to leave to hanging.
umm 208 im not sure if that includes tax, but for us canadians its way cheaper than inlinefour cuz of shipping and UPS brokerage fee and taxes.

SiRman
05-02-2003, 12:08 PM
Phoned A&J Racing:

Price for Mr Alex front and rear strut bars $285 CAN each.

Price for Mr Alex engine torque damper $336 CAN.

They have the damper in stock but are out of the strut bars.

Civic EPwr
05-03-2003, 12:36 AM
Check with one of our sponsors who did a group buy on these dampers and there was a group buy in the group buy forum. www.polepositionproducts.com OR I do see that www.boomplustoys.net has these listed as their newly arrived items on their News section! Good Luck!