PDA

View Full Version : Car wont stop Revving?!?!??

Chrisbgft
04-30-2003, 11:07 AM
Well, everytime my car is in neutral it will revv up to 2.5G and then back to 1G. It just keeps bouncing back and fourth whenever i am at a light stopped or in neutral. I have a AEM CAI, custom exhaust, what is wrong with my car???

mrfixit687
04-30-2003, 11:07 AM
check all the connections on ur cai

BlairSpeed
04-30-2003, 01:17 PM
Well, my old 240sx had the same problem and the diagnosis was a bad MAF (mass air flow) sensor. But since the car is so new, its probably just a bad connection somewhere as Mr.fixit says.

02SilverSiHB
04-30-2003, 02:04 PM
sounds like your idle screw fell out of your throttle body, or like someone said your map sensor has gone bad. Make sure everything is connected right with you CAI. By the way, I doubt the idle screw came out of your throttle body unless you adjusted it, which would have taken the sealant away...

JSIR
04-30-2003, 02:09 PM
two things, firstly make sure all your vacuum lines are connected properly in and around the throttle body and intake. If one came loose on the intake install it could play with the idle.

Secondly try the ecu idle learn procedure. Pull the negative battery terminal for a minute or so. Then reconnect it. Start the car and hold the engine at 3000 rpms until the car is warmed up. Make sure all electrical accesories are turned off - radio, lights, heater fan etc...... Then let the car idle for at least five minutes without touching the gas pedal, in neutral, throttle fully closed. That will help the ecu re-learn a new idle. Then shut off the engine as soon as that is done to finalize the procedure. Should help things out. BTW, there is no idle screw adjustment on our throttle bodies.

good luck.

Chrisbgft
04-30-2003, 02:34 PM
is it going to do terrible damage to my car if i drive it? I am at work and have to drive an hour home. Let me know! thanx..

JoshSI
04-30-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Chrisbgft
is it going to do terrible damage to my car if i drive it? I am at work and have to drive an hour home. Let me know! thanx..

As long as it doesnt rev it and keep bouncing it off the rev limiter it should be ok. You rev your car to 2500 everytime you drive it so everything should be kosher

02SilverSiHB
04-30-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by JSIR
BTW, there is no idle screw adjustment on our throttle bodies.

good luck.
holy crap! I had no idea, learn something new everyday :) I never even noticed it wasn't there.