PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest Place to get Bra

twiztidsals
04-30-2003, 03:34 PM
Hey All,

I do some considerable highway driving on the weekends, and I've noticed a few tiny rock dents. I know there are a bunch of discount sites, does anyone know where you can get the full bra at the best price? Thanks in advance!

SHAKEnBAKE
04-30-2003, 03:37 PM
Umm, Victoria Secret? J/k
I suggest you get those clear ones, I think they're made by 3M.

twiztidsals
04-30-2003, 04:39 PM
i was wondering who would be the first to suggest fredericks or victoria's =D
a clear car bra? or are you referring to everyone's favorite kind of bra? i wasn't aware they made a clear car bra...

SHAKEnBAKE
04-30-2003, 05:10 PM
It's not really a "car bra", it's a clear plastic coating that's applied to the front part of the car, where a bra would usually be. I remember reading thread about this, anyone knows?

Papa Bear
04-30-2003, 05:28 PM
Personally I would rather have a few dings on my hood with a few filled paint chips than have a bra on my car. I'd just drive it until it gets too ugly and get a carbon fibre hood to replace it, or an OEM one from a scrap yard. With all of the guys wrecking their eps their should be a few decent hoods out there. Just my two cents.

streaker666
04-30-2003, 06:06 PM
I just got the 3M treatment (that tape is called Scotchcal) for my hood and fender 2 days ago. Hmmm, a word of advice...if you have black like me, you may not want to get the 3M clear bra unless you keep your car show car clean all the time...

But for me, I don't care cuz it's much better to have a line when dirty than chips on the hood!

SubliminalSi
04-30-2003, 06:07 PM
yeah i heard that they really fuck up your paint and end up doing more harm than good

twiztidsals
04-30-2003, 06:09 PM
i had one a long time ago and the you could see where the rest of the paint had faded - looked weird.
i wouldn't leave it on all the time, just for traveling on highways

Loudpedal
04-30-2003, 08:21 PM
I do mostly highway and I went with the clear 3M film. Stone chips suck, but a vinyl bra is worse.

AznPower
04-30-2003, 08:24 PM
just keep a small bottle of touch up paint wit u, thats what i do. a dab there a dab there

streaker666
04-30-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by twiztidsals
i had one a long time ago and the you could see where the rest of the paint had faded - looked weird.
i wouldn't leave it on all the time, just for traveling on highways

the 3M tape won't hurt the paint...however, if you don't like washing, cleaning, polishing, and waxing your car, your paint is bound to fade...

IceD out N CALI
04-30-2003, 08:31 PM

i've seen that too-does not look good