PDA

View Full Version : Guys With Lowering Springs, Did Your Rear Dust Covers Get Left Off ?

JSIR
04-30-2003, 07:18 PM
A while ago I noticed the shock rods were visible when I had the rear of the vehicle lifted up which I thought was strange. Today I noticed that the rear dust covers were in the box leftover from the lowering spring install a few months ago. I had Eibach Pro-kits installed. I know the stock rear bumpstops are not used as Eibach gives you new ones to use , but I didn't know anything about leaving out the dust covers on the rears I would think they are beneficial. If anyone knows anything about this please let me know before I bitch at the guys that did the install.

thanks very much !

Joey

02SilverSiHB
04-30-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by JSIR
A while ago I noticed the shock rods were visible when I had the rear of the vehicle lifted up which I thought was strange. Today I noticed that the rear dust covers were in the box leftover from the lowering spring install a few months ago. I had Eibach Pro-kits installed. I know the stock rear bumpstops are not used as Eibach gives you new ones to use , but I didn't know anything about leaving out the dust covers on the rears I would think they are beneficial. If anyone knows anything about this please let me know before I bitch at the guys that did the install.

thanks very much !

Joey
I left mine on...I have progress...which lowers the car more...sounds like they either forgot to put them on, or they just assumed they don't need to go back on. Unless there's something different about the prokit?

EPHatchgirl
04-30-2003, 09:16 PM
I have the Tein S Tech Springs, and also left the cover on. Unless there is a difference (like was said before) with the Eibach kit- nice choice, I had a hard time deciding- I would say whoever installed them left it off and just said F*&^ it. Wish I could be of more help.

Makross
04-30-2003, 10:25 PM
yeah i left mines on

todaCspec
05-01-2003, 06:13 AM
They're suppose to be on, it keeps away dirt build up. They probably forgot to.

JSIR
05-01-2003, 07:07 AM
thanks for everyone's help and quick replies. That is enough proof for me, I agree that they should be left on unless there is a fitment problem, but I doubt the Pro-kits would fit any worse than other springs especially with a milder drop.

Now I've got to go back to my dealer and bitch at them and waste more time on these guys.

thanks again , much appreciated.

;)

boston's ep3
08-03-2003, 06:41 AM
if it is only the rear I would say instead of wasting your time at the dealership go ahead and do it your self. It is so easy it's just two nuts on the top and two bolts on the bottom and the whole assembly comes out. You don't even have to worry about the spring popping in your face seeing that the lowered springs are already on. Hey I think you would be satisfied if you do it your self trust me. If you haven't already brought it back to the dealer.

Phil

JSIR
08-03-2003, 07:14 AM
yeah thanks for the info, I migth end up doing myself cause I don't want to waste a day with the dealer. The service guy told me they leave them off because of noise problems , I don't believe it with pro-kits but who knows. He said there is no reliability problems with leaving them off, but I'd like to see them on for peace of mind. thanks for the info, I'll likely do it myself

Joey