PDA

View Full Version : I am stuck...

G-J
05-01-2003, 01:01 AM
I am getting $220 from selling my headers from my old V6 Accord and I am placing that money directly into the Si. I'm am stuck on what I should get with it.

So far I have an AEM CAI, Denso IK20's, and just bought HP header performance wise. I was thinking a Ractive mid-pipe (but havent heard too much about it though), or I could go and get a Hondata heatshield and something else. I am staying away from a muffler/catback setup and suspension for the time being, not ready quite yet. I want to get a performance based product with the $220. Any suggestions?

SpeedRacer
05-01-2003, 01:16 AM
i have the hondata heatshield and so does my friend. he dynoed his car before and after and he got a good 4whp gain so for 50 bucks it is worth it. also get the mid pipe you will feal a big diffrnce specially with the header and intake. i would suggest selling the intake and buying and injen one. i made the mistake of buying the aem and i sold it. i feal a huge diffrnce with the injen intake.

AlBlueCar
05-01-2003, 09:36 AM
Speed, what was wrong with the AEM? I just ordered one and i was debating for weeks whether to go injen or AEM, guy on phone (optauto) said they were the same so i got the AEM b/c it was cheaper. Did i make a bad choice:( ?

SouthHonda
05-01-2003, 03:52 PM
Id be willing to give you more than 220 for your headers. Or since I am a parts dealer maybe I have something you might need?? I havea buddy with a v6.

Spoon, Mr Alex, J's (and everything else A&J sells), Tein, Ground Control, Hondata, DcSports, AEM, Koni,

Watcha looking for??

Scott
770-968-1500
9:30 to 7:00 pm EST

02SilverSiHB
05-01-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by G-J
I am getting $220 from selling my headers from my old V6 Accord and I am placing that money directly into the Si. I'm am stuck on what I should get with it.

So far I have an AEM CAI, Denso IK20's, and just bought HP header performance wise. I was thinking a Ractive mid-pipe (but havent heard too much about it though), or I could go and get a Hondata heatshield and something else. I am staying away from a muffler/catback setup and suspension for the time being, not ready quite yet. I want to get a performance based product with the $220. Any suggestions?
when you say ractive mid pipe, are you talking about the one they sell one www.nopionline.com I think that is an error and is only for the 92-95 civic hatchbacks...not ours. Unless you have some more info on this, that would be great. I would definitely buy a mid pipe if it was mendrel bent and is a striaght replacement, makes things easier instead of going all over town trying to find a shop that can make one for me.

sniperSI
05-01-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by AlBlueCar
Speed, what was wrong with the AEM? I just ordered one and i was debating for weeks whether to go injen or AEM, guy on phone (optauto) said they were the same so i got the AEM b/c it was cheaper. Did i make a bad choice:( ?

I did shopping around when intakes first came out. Every mag compared the aem and the injen, as well as online dynos, both show the injen with smaller gains over the aem, and when i installed it, i can definatly say the engine note, and the speed were completey improved, Maybe we can get some people on here to comapre their stock dynos w/ cai aem vs injen, but i would say go injen.

Injen has a different setup cai then aem as well.

02SilverSiHB
05-01-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by sniperSI

I did shopping around when intakes first came out. Every mag compared the aem and the injen, as well as online dynos, both show the injen with smaller gains over the aem, and when i installed it, i can definatly say the engine note, and the speed were completey improved, Maybe we can get some people on here to comapre their stock dynos w/ cai aem vs injen, but i would say go injen.

Injen has a different setup cai then aem as well.
go figure, I remember about a year ago, when dynos showed injen make about 2hp more than aem...

SpeedRacer
05-01-2003, 05:44 PM
i dont know what the dyno showed i know that i win alot more races with my injen intake and that is the only diffrnce

2 of my other friends have already sold there aem and bought injen intakes they both like the injen better. Injen makes more power trust me that is why AEM is comming out with this new V2 intake so they can compete with injen. injen is better you can tell by just looking at the bends. The aem has a sharp 90 degree bend right at the throttle body, then injen has no such bends which brings about better airflow. Anyways you can read all you watn i have used both of these intakes and the injen works alot better.

AlBlueCar
05-01-2003, 05:50 PM
Ahh hell.:(

ep pilot
05-01-2003, 08:57 PM
Lets face it our Si's have piss-poor braking stock, why not get a set of Brembo slotted or cross-drilled blanks and a mild track pad set. I found a set for just my fronts when I had my GS-R ran me about $350 installed. Not much of a gain for daily use or stop-light drags, but sure makes a huge diff while autocrossing where the braking system is under excessive trauma.

What about a short shift kit? this will help make shifting engagments more precise?

-Ryan

G-J
05-02-2003, 02:06 AM
About the AEM... Superstreet showed about 3hp difference on a RSX between the AEM and the Ingen and it was in the AEM's favor. So I will stick to my AEM, plus the fact I live in Cali and CARB is a big thing.

I got the email from Nopi about the lack of HP headers... go figure. So I wont be getting them afterall unless I can find somewhere else to get them.

ep pilot... I didnt even think about the short shifter, thanks. If I go that route, I can get the hondata heat shield and the short shifter all at once.

Ya Nopi actually lists the ractive midpipe under the 2002 civic section. I have not contacted them yet to see what the deal with them is yet. Its an idea that I might go to. At $135 it would be a great addition.

G-J
05-02-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by SouthHonda
Id be willing to give you more than 220 for your headers. Or since I am a parts dealer maybe I have something you might need?? I havea buddy with a v6.

Spoon, Mr Alex, J's (and everything else A&J sells), Tein, Ground Control, Hondata, DcSports, AEM, Koni,

Watcha looking for??

Scott
770-968-1500
9:30 to 7:00 pm EST

Damn if I didnt take the payment I would have hit you up. I was mainly looking to get rid of the old Accord parts since I just moved to a new house and didnt want to take excess bagage if I didnt need to. I may need to contact you in the near future for Si parts. Now that I cant get the HP header I may need to look another route in a bit.

Tekdemon
05-02-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by ep pilot
Lets face it our Si's have piss-poor braking stock, why not get a set of Brembo slotted or cross-drilled blanks and a mild track pad set. I found a set for just my fronts when I had my GS-R ran me about $350 installed. Not much of a gain for daily use or stop-light drags, but sure makes a huge diff while autocrossing where the braking system is under excessive trauma.

What about a short shift kit? this will help make shifting engagments more precise?

-Ryan
Honestly I think the lousy braking is about 90% the lousy tires...if you have sticky 225 width tires on all four wheels I'd except the braking distance to come down to about 115ft =P

AlBlueCar
05-02-2003, 05:40 AM
someone posted awhile ago on a good brake set, only 750 dolhares. Not bad, compared to 2000+ for Brembos (i know they're the best, but you're paying mostly for the name.) here's the post wilwood brakes (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11406)

mental
05-02-2003, 07:43 AM
DONT LISTEN TO ALL THEM THEY ARE TRYING TO TRICK YOU!!! if ya want "performance" buy a tubro kit... if ya want a couple of extra ponies that bolt on really easy for well under 220$ go get the HKS super mega flow intake!!! this set up is really simple but really bad ass and its retardedly loud!!! HKS makes our motors sound sooooo mean!!! just one thing to make sure of if ya get hks frequenly check it to make sure no bolt or anything have come loose. but other than that its a great setup!!! if ya want some aesthetic stuff get a broadway rearview or a new shift nob, or a S2000 antenna or red H emblems from the type-r... the list goes on... have fun man...

G-J
05-02-2003, 11:30 AM
Ya I got a CTR shifter, silver engine cover, removed the emblems, and Sparco pedals for aesthetics. I dont want to get red emblems because I had them on my Accord and some moron wanted them so bad he used a screwdriver and jacked up my paint. So as much as I want to get the Type R goodies... I just cant have another car vandalised. That S2 antena sounds like a plan. Has anyone actually did this yet? I know it was talked about on the forum a bit ago.

Oh... does anyone know where to get the HP header other than Nopi since they are out of stock?