PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything else I need for my Saturday Detail job?

siver-SI
05-01-2003, 04:53 PM
This is that I have right now.

In the Meguiar's:

Concours Collection, Includes:
Hi-Tech Wash (M-0016)
Show Car Glaze (M-0716)
Hi-Tech Yellow Liquid Wax (M-2616)
All Metal Polish (M-2805)
Final Inspection (M-3416)
Wheel Cleaner (M-3616)
Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner (M-3916)
Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner (M-4016)
Medallion Premium Leather Care (M-9616)
Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner (M-9716)
Medallion Premium Paint Protection (M-9816)
Endurance Tire Protectant Gel (G-7410)
Gold Class Bug and Tar Remover (G-10716)
Heavy Duty Shop Wipes (G-11600)
Power Polishing Video (VG-100)
Wash Mitt (G-402)
Detailing Swabs (G-301)
Self Saturating Swabs (G-302)
Detailing Brushes (G-300)
4 Towels and 4 Applicator Pads (A-7202 (2))
2 Ultimate Wipes (M-9910)
Also got their Clay bar

Then I have a lot of brand new towels that I bought a few weeks ago and washed 4 time and dryed 6 just to get all the lint off. I also have some Simpley Green for the engine. I think I just need some windex for the windows and that is about it. I also bought some rainX for the windows too.

Just wondering if anyone can think of anything else.

Thanks,

Siler-SI

sniperSI
05-01-2003, 05:04 PM
Waxing Tip #45

When i worked for a detail shop we always used small paint brushes, the mini kind of with about 2 inch wide and 1/2 high bristles, these are good for clearing wax out of crevices such as your si emblem or seams in your car, break light plastic ect, it's a must for a perfect wax job. use it gently you don't need to bang away at the paint with it.

Waxing tip #15
also, 'cut' the car before you wax it, outline the seems and door handles, emblems, hatch, sun roof ect, then fill it in like a coloring book, speeds up the process and guarantees you wax every part.

1.) Detail the interior completely
2.) wash the car
3.) clay the car
4.) cut the car
5.) wax the car

glaze ect

should keep you busy for a good 3 hrs.

siver-SI
05-01-2003, 05:09 PM
Thanks I have the brushes that came with that full kit and for the cutting I do that too. I have to agree when I did not do that I found out I missed a lot of spots in the waxing. I work it by body parts. I will do the hood and let that sit for a little to dry and then I go and do the front fenders and or the bumper and then go back to wipping off the hood. Thanks for the tips though. Never hurts to give me a reminder tip.

sniperSI
05-01-2003, 05:16 PM
ahhh yes, i love detialing my car, my neighbors must think i'm crazy always see me every week washing my car, but it's so quick and easy, + i get to spend time with my baby.

Think im'a wax her this weekend get ready for love bug season.

siver-SI
05-01-2003, 05:21 PM
Ok with your update there is one thing I am going to change. I normaly do the outside first but now that I am think about I guess it is better to detail the interior completely first.

Thanks

Marcivi
05-03-2003, 03:43 PM
Heh, looks like you have everything under control and maybe some excess. :p

BSEVEER
05-04-2003, 05:55 PM
You forgot about the 6 pack of beer! :D

siver-SI
05-04-2003, 06:57 PM
I could use a 6 pack got my car all done inside and out pulled it out of the shop and pulled my race car in and then took some shots of my car. Just as I took the last shot I all of a sudden see a few drops of rain on the car. So not even a hour after I am done it is thundering out. Well at least my car is beading up great now. The thing was when I started yesterday the rain was 50/50 for monday then when I got into the shop this morning it was predicted to just be cloudy the next few days. Just as I get my car all clean and down to the clean paint I hear on the radio that now there might be rain latter tonight or tomarrow. So I get the polish on then as I start the wax and I hear rain by late afternoon. :(

So more or less I got to enjoy my car nice and clean for about an hour. :( Well at least I can take some quick detail to it latter tomarrow when I get home from work.