PDA

View Full Version : bodykit faq?

beansbear
05-01-2003, 05:57 PM
Hi folks,

I'm probably going to be selling my Toyota Matrix and picking up a 03 Si relatively shortly. The first things I plan to do are rims and a bodykit. I was looking at the Buddy Club one but as I read the forums I am noticing that there seems to be some modification needed to get it to fit?

What kind of modifications are needed? Bumper supports?

Wheres the best place to pick up a good replica of the Buddy Club kit? Can anyone with the kit on their car make any recommendations for a newbie?

Maybe someone can help me with a FAQ about the Si or something... that would be cool.

Great forum here! Spent most of my work day reading posts here lol!

aloha!
\\scott\\

02SilverSiHB
05-01-2003, 09:10 PM
from what I understand you have to have a fart can of an exhaust, the stock one won't fit with the rear bumper.

You have to take off the impact beams on the front and rear because the kit is made after the type r,which has different impact beams (you can get them from fizz I believe)

I think that's about it. Oh, the side skirts aren't direct bolt on, I think you have to do some drilling.

beansbear
05-02-2003, 06:54 PM
can anyone suggest a good place to pick the kit up?

I've been reading the thread on the Type R wing as well. Can any of you that have the wing give me advice on where to pick it up and the quality of the actual wing? I guess I'll have to shave it to get it to fit right?

Have any companies come out with a USDM fitted kit for our cars that look like the Type R or Buddy Club?

thanks for the help guys!

aloha!
\\scott\\

SmoothOperator
05-02-2003, 07:31 PM
If you're refering to the wings from "Transform Spoilers" in Edmonton, Alberta. I just saw one in person. Painted and installed on "Papa Bears" ride. I must say, it looked good! He had the APC kit on his car too. Making me jones for a body kit ASAP!!! I may break down and get the same kit.

*edit* I took pics of his car too. I'll post them in the member rides section, later tonight if you wanna see it.

beansbear
05-02-2003, 07:33 PM
Wheres the info on "Transform Spoilers"? URL? email? Price? :)

SmoothOperator
05-02-2003, 07:46 PM
Go do the Aerodymanics section of this site. And look for the "CHEAP Type R spoilers thread".

hamlet9634
05-02-2003, 09:00 PM
place to get the body kit :showstoppers.. that's where i got mine. Nice guys. They have two versions of the front end, one of which will actually fit out EP while leaving the front bumper support in place, but this version is WAAAAYYYY too low to the ground in my opinion.

The japan spec buddy club front (there's only one rear end available) needs JDM bumper supports.. which Fizzautosports.com can get you (though JDM parts take several weeks to order..) You COULD go without JDM supports, but that's a huge risk, and safety is not something I recommend risking.

and yes, you need some sort of fart can exaust of your choice.

beansbear
05-02-2003, 09:27 PM
Hey Hamlet!
thanks for the info!

Do you have any problem with the kit scraping? I know on my matrix after I put in my TEIN suspension i had major problems with scraping unless I angled properly. I guess thats just common sense... is your car lowered as well?

How much were the bumper supports? I guess I have to add that to the cost of getting the kit!

hamlet9634
05-03-2003, 01:35 AM
the bumper supports ended up about 375 for the set (not cheap), so add shipping to that depending on where you are (fizz is in nyc).

the kit hasn't scraped... yet.. i've only driven about 100 miles with it, and there are no driveways in my normal drive...so we'll see. my car is about 2" lower than stock (give or take, i'm on complete coilovers so it's hard to gauge). It's LOW, though, so if you have sharp driveways where you live, forget it.. and yes, you will have to angle.. but that's ok....

the Ep has such short overhangs (even less with this kit.. the nose is actually 2" shorter than before.. JDM kits do that), that it isn't as bad as it looks.. but still