PDA

View Full Version : XM antenna and factory antenna anyway to make into one?

siver-SI
05-01-2003, 06:34 PM
I have seen the XM radio antenna on some of the EP's on the board but I do not like the look of having two antennas with the base of the stock unit looking a lot like the XM one. I would like to know if there is a way to make the the XM antenna and the stock antenna into one singe unit that would mount in the stock location?

Thanks

JLannoo
05-02-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by siver-SI
I have seen the XM radio antenna on some of the EP's on the board but I do not like the look of having two antennas with the base of the stock unit looking a lot like the XM one. I would like to know if there is a way to make the the XM antenna and the stock antenna into one singe unit that would mount in the stock location?

Thanks

I just put my sirius antenna on my rear deck.

I know I'm not getting a satellite signal but the repeater coverage never drops out and I have driven all over the place.

Might be an option if your repeater coverage there is just as good.

2K2SilverSi
05-08-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by siver-SI

Thanks

I have been thinking of doing this as well. There ihas got to be a way I have thought of buying an XM antenna and a stock antenna and fabricating a combo antenna. If I get this project started I will keep you informed

greenguy
05-09-2003, 01:49 PM
The audio shop doing my install is mounting mine on the dash. They said the signal is NOT interupted and keeps the stealth look. They also asured me that with any problems they will mount it where ever I wish. So I guess I will have a pod on my dash!:D