PDA

View Full Version : 3rd gear syncros going?

sniperSI
05-02-2003, 02:29 PM
i posted earlier about how 3rd makes a noise every now and then when shifting hard in high rpms. Well now it's worse

Everytime i am above 5k and i shift to 3rd, it makes a crunch noise, not like a gear grinding but like a chssssch.

At low RPMS it does not do this, it's going into honda on tuesday, just wondering would it could be, i assume syncros, anyone have this problem or would like to speculate with me?

Sooky
05-02-2003, 06:08 PM
i got it going into 2nd

HokieSi
05-02-2003, 06:22 PM
Does it sound like a click, click? Cause I think that is normal. If you have a crunch sound I don't think thats good. My shiftorizer is kinda notchy hence the click click.

David K.
05-02-2003, 08:31 PM
I have this problem. Definately a "crunch" when shifting into third. Happens I'd say 95% of the time. Pretty sure it's my synchros; I'll be putting it in the shop soon.

sk2oi
05-03-2003, 12:12 AM
Mine was the exacty same way shifting into third above 4500 rpm. Bad crunching/grinding niose. I suggest taking your cars back to the deaer as soon as possible. When I brought mine in the said that third gear and my third gear synchro is completely messed up. The parts they need are all on back-order and they have no clue when they are coming in. My car has been at Honda for almost two weeks and they can't even tell me me when they think they can get it done. For now I got a rental, all expenses paid by honda. I miss my car.

sniperSI
05-03-2003, 09:37 AM
Yeah man, honda is slacking on these 20023 si's My quater rear window got busted out (my own stupid mistake) and it took them 2 weeks to get the window in, i drop it off at the body shop after the 2 weeks is up for install, they sent the wrong glass, turns out they had a whole LOT of passenger side quater window glass marked wrong, and so they had to send the glass back 4 times + 8 days on to the 2 weeks, just for a window repair!

so i was pimping the black garbage bag in my window i was ghetto.

I hope my parts don't go on back order, they have enough si's on the lot, should just rip a syncro out of that and have that car wait for backorder!

Thanks for the feedback fellas!

l33t
05-03-2003, 11:39 AM
to me it looks like a common problem with our car, i have it also, and now my 4th is starting to be ahrd to shift in and out of every once in a while, i think syncing the transmission takes about an hour at a dealership