PDA

View Full Version : Front brake pad ??????

Silver Bullet
05-02-2003, 08:57 PM
I have called around and tried to get better pads for my EP. They all tell me their is not anything available. Are our pads the same as an 02-03 Civic coupe or four door?

DocofMind
05-03-2003, 12:18 AM
Whoever you spoke with had no clue. There are a ton of things available now, just depends on what you are looking for. What exactly ARE you looking for.

B18CXr
05-03-2003, 07:36 AM
Fronts are same as '99-'00 SI and '01-up coupes

JSIR
05-03-2003, 09:08 AM
I've got the Hawk HPS pads, they are the same part number as +01 Civic coupes and 99-00 Si like mentioned above. No problem finding them, check out tirerack. If you want rears use the ones for the RSX. I'm extremely pleased with my Hawk pads for street use. There are other pads available , depends on what use you plan to put them through.

Joey

EP33
05-03-2003, 09:36 AM
I'm running EBC Green Stuff on the front now. Green Stuff rear pads are in the box in the garage.:cool:

JSIR
05-03-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by EP33
I'm running EBC Green Stuff on the front now. Green Stuff rear pads are in the box in the garage.:cool:

I couldnt get the Greens to fit the front, the pad linings were too thick. I tried grinding them down but that just made them worse as they werent perfectly level and they were hard on the rotors. I ditched them after very little use.

EP33
05-03-2003, 11:27 AM
I replaced mine before the stock ones wore out. I did not use the backing plate that came off the stock pads. EBC are (were) thick and dragged on the rotors for awhile. They're doing well now. I'll see how it comes together with the rears soon.

BTW I did replace my rotors with Roto-Tech drilled and slotted in the front. They're Canadian you heard of them?

DocofMind
05-03-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by EP33

That does suck. You got the Accord pad 90-97. Its actually the same pad as the EP just a bit thicker. Only a few mm's, but enough to not work.

The Panther pads are fantastic, but for this application, over kill. Axxis Ultimates still are the best pad for the buck. For less than half the price of everything out there, these pads will perform just as well any track pad out there. Plus, they dont make any noise :p

B18CXr
05-03-2003, 01:39 PM
if you love the Panthers but hate the dust and noise....give me a call, the new Bobcat series is just like Panther stopping power but Axis noise and dust.

give me a ring and i'll fill you in

Silver Bullet
05-04-2003, 08:26 PM
If the front brake pads are the same as an 00 civic si, are the rotors the same as 00 civic si?