PDA

View Full Version : Papa Bear, London Ontario

SmoothOperator
05-02-2003, 10:30 PM
Hey guys, I took these pics of Papa Bears ride tonight. He asked me to post em here, so here ya go!!

02SilverSiHB
05-02-2003, 10:43 PM
I think he needs better pics...
The rims...hhhmmmmm, their okay I guess. I don't really care for them.
The kit looks okay. APC makes it look like major ass when they paint it neon green :)

SmoothOperator
05-02-2003, 10:47 PM

SmoothOperator
05-02-2003, 10:48 PM
;)

SmoothOperator
05-02-2003, 10:49 PM
:confused:

SmoothOperator
05-02-2003, 10:50 PM
:angel:

SpeedRacer
05-02-2003, 10:50 PM
shit the APC kit dosn't look to bad in those pictures. i would have gone with diffrnt rims myself but that is a pritty nice ride he has there.

SmoothOperator
05-02-2003, 10:51 PM
:eek:

SmoothOperator
05-02-2003, 10:52 PM
:mad:

SmoothOperator
05-02-2003, 10:58 PM
Let me be the first to say, that his car looks AWSOME in person. The kit looks so nice in fact, that I'm thinking of getting it myself. Not bad at all!!
Also, he got his wing from "Transform Spoilers", that's the same place THIS THREAD IS ABOUT!! (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=11303) It looked good as well. JSIR and myself, are looking into ordering one each also. hehehehe Damn after seeing his car I'm ready to dump another $2000 into my car! d'oh!!
He's got a bunch of goodies on the way too. I'll let him fill you all in when he's online.
Sorry for the blurry pics...dunno why they came out like that. Probably cause i was freezing my ass off :D

slikz
05-03-2003, 04:40 AM
what front bumper is that? and where did you get it?:D its a nice clean ride BTW:)

ssvr6
05-03-2003, 05:32 AM
I like the kit, however the APC kit that was on the "chalk" car looks better IMO.

Nice ride Papa Bear!

Steve

Papa Bear
05-03-2003, 06:52 AM
The front bumper is stock. That is the APC front lip with a grille-tech insert above it.

Mad02Si
05-03-2003, 06:54 AM
Nice ride, seems like the rims are taking something away from it through. What size are they? It seems kinda high or something with those rims...

Papa Bear
05-03-2003, 07:04 AM
17" Tenzo Sinko R's. I have the pro-kit too. I didn't want the car sitting too low since I didn't want to be scraping the front lip everytime I pulled in or out of a driveway and I needed to maitain decent ride quality. I love the look of the wheels on my car. They look mean. I am removing the ivtec stickers and that will clean the profile up a bit. If anybody would like to photochop some other wheels as suggestions on my ride...go ahead. I can always change them if I see something I like better...please no black wheels...I don't like them. Thanks for the compliments everybody!

AznPower
05-03-2003, 08:23 AM
the apc kit kinda looks like the the honda/acura oem kits. i had the kit for my 98 prelude and it had the same design just not as extreme. but the kits ok. first time i've seen it on something other than the neon green apc shit. but not bad. keep it up.

IceD out N CALI
05-03-2003, 08:56 AM
yeah the apc kit isnt all that bad. I do think the car could use a more aggressive drop, maybe like sportline? nice ride:)

slikz
05-03-2003, 03:24 PM
Also, I was wondering where you picked up this APC kit:D I tried searching for it on the net and couldn't find shit:X

Papa Bear
05-03-2003, 03:45 PM
My honda dealer ordered and installed the kit. The wheels, springs and body kit were all installed before I even picked it up. By the way, I was looking to create sort of a Factory Performance civic and not a type r or anything too crazy looking. This kit was one of only two available at the time and I'm very happy with it. The fit is nice and the pieces are mounted very well. It does look a lot like the Acura body kit for the RSX, thats why I chose it. I don't know why all of the APC showcars look like shit! That purple thing with the yellow stripes doesn't do this kit justice and their sparkling red RSX isn't any better.

02SilverSiHB
05-04-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Papa Bear
My honda dealer ordered and installed the kit. The wheels, springs and body kit were all installed before I even picked it up. By the way, I was looking to create sort of a Factory Performance civic and not a type r or anything too crazy looking. This kit was one of only two available at the time and I'm very happy with it. The fit is nice and the pieces are mounted very well. It does look a lot like the Acura body kit for the RSX, thats why I chose it. I don't know why all of the APC showcars look like shit! That purple thing with the yellow stripes doesn't do this kit justice and their sparkling red RSX isn't any better.
yeah, I like the kit...and I like your rims now :D I think it was the pic that wasn't helping. One of the pics really shows the gunmetal and polished lip well. I like it.

word...booty
05-04-2003, 08:02 PM
Nice ride Papa Bear! I'm a Londoner as well and was wondering what body shop you had put the wing on for you (and how much)?

Nick

golferjn
05-04-2003, 09:03 PM
nice car

YooShin
06-26-2003, 08:16 AM
I like those rims. I thought they would only look good on an EK hatch but they work on the EP. I'm looking for a good alternative wheel from the Volk CE28Ns or TE37 which are my prime choices. But since money is factor I need to consider a more "economical" solution. Is there another brand that makes a wheel similar instye. I'm little concerned with the 19lb weight these Tenzo carry. Trying to stay light. I found some Rotas but they are only available in 15" size.

Papa Bear
06-26-2003, 09:42 AM
I am gonna sell these rims eventually and get some light weight 16" wheels with Yokohama es100's. I like some of the Rotas with the polished lips out now, but I don't know if they will fit the ep.

YooShin
06-26-2003, 09:55 AM
Are you not happy with the Tezos? Which Rotas are you refering to? I like Rota rims, in fact my brother will have some 16" Circuit 8 for his Silver EP soon. A lot a people around here in Houston that I've talked to don't like the Rotas, claiming that they actually "break" easy. I've even ran into some of this on the web. Some bronze 5 Zigen Pro N1s would look good on your ride. There light (15.6 lbs for the 16" I think), and affordable. Check them out on Whelmax.com and let me know what you think. They might be your style.:)

Papa Bear
06-26-2003, 10:29 AM
The Tenzos are nice, but they are a bit heavy. I figure going with a lighter, smaller diameter wheel will equate to more fun behind the wheel.