PDA

View Full Version : Aww... aren't they cute.

r3p00c
05-04-2003, 07:20 AM
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/gregcooper03/images/2si1.jpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/gregcooper03/images/2si2.jpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/gregcooper03/images/2si3.jpg

I finally got a day where both of my cars were washed/waxed and it was a pretty nice day for pictures. I should take 'em somewhere scenic for the Showstoppers contest...

IceD out N CALI
05-04-2003, 09:30 AM
cool nice pics. you're a big baller got 2 sis:)

r3p00c
05-04-2003, 10:01 AM
the '00 became my wife's after i got my '02, so its not really mine anymore... I still get to drive it every so often. I can still pretend I own both, right? :)

Both are great cars, and I can't wait for the next few months when we start gettin down and dirty with mods. We already get a lot of attention from the ricers when we take both of em out.

Joker
05-04-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by r3p00c
the '00 became my wife's after i got my '02, so its not really mine anymore... I still get to drive it every so often. I can still pretend I own both, right? :)
Bwahahahaha We're in the same boat. My gf wanted my '00, as she liked it too much to see it sold... So yes, we can both pretend thay're still ours :cool:

02TafWhtSi
05-04-2003, 07:51 PM
OK now here's a good question: Pretend for a moment you weren't married but still owned both cars. If you had to give one up which would it be?! :)

Joker
05-04-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi
OK now here's a good question: Pretend for a moment you weren't married but still owned both cars. If you had to give one up which would it be?! :)
I can't speak for him, but I'd keep my EP ;)

fyzm7357
05-04-2003, 09:13 PM
Very nice cars....I also like your license plates for them....especially how you have your EP license plate as your EP production number.....

Jpax
05-04-2003, 09:48 PM
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/gregcooper03/images/2si1.jpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/gregcooper03/images/2si2.jpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/gregcooper03/images/2si3.jpg

I finally got a day where both of my cars were washed/waxed and it was a pretty nice day for pictures. I should take 'em somewhere scenic for the Showstoppers contest...

OMG ITS BMX269 and Jamnines cars..... lol.... Idetical.......

They live in van, canada. !!!

r3p00c
05-05-2003, 04:13 AM

I love the '00 for a lot of reasons, but I'd have to say i'd keep my ep. Theres too many things I've come to like about it for me to give it up.

btw.... i photoshopped the plates on both... but it gave me a good idea! I still want to get a PA D.A.R.E. plate for my ep, simply because its black, red, and white :)

r3p00c
05-05-2003, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by PaXiE

OMG ITS BMX269 and Jamnines cars..... lol.... Idetical.......

They live in van, canada. !!!

shh... they're locked in my basement.

stephen
05-05-2003, 07:09 AM
it would be even hotter if they were the same color.

shimmy_yaz
05-05-2003, 07:52 PM
Sweet rides!! Phat as hell to have 2 SIs Hopefully soon my girl will have a Prelude.

r3p00c
05-05-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by shimmy_yaz
Sweet rides!! Phat as hell to have 2 SIs Hopefully soon my girl will have a Prelude.

thats funny... before i started lookin at ep's, i was on a mission to find an ebp prelude. it's a pretty rare car from what i know... i only see one once in awhile. last generation preludes are great cars... the vtec rush in an h22 can't be beat. i'd still like to own one someday given its in good condition.

TezGari
11-14-2003, 09:24 PM
SWEEET!!!
I love the 00Si!!!
I esp. Love the white EP3!!!!!;)

r3p00c
11-14-2003, 10:10 PM
thanks trinispeed... i just felt obligated to reply because HOLY CRAP this thread is old :)

Brettnyt
11-15-2003, 01:49 AM
Nice rides! I was reading some book tonight and it just said how the new Si is better than the old one... I like that... :D

TezGari
11-15-2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
Nice rides! I was reading some book tonight and it just said how the new Si is better than the old one... I like that... :D

i think other racing companies also, stated that the K engine is better...but i cant be 100% for sure...I like em all!!! The B engines are mastered, and the K is in the process...

soniccar
11-15-2003, 07:36 PM
I wish my wife would have kept my old 2000 Si. I miss the double cam VTEC howl, the agressive looking front end, the stock wheels, the slick as snot-on-teflon shifter, and oh yes, the 8000 on the tach. That frightened some people just getting in the car. The milano red paint could blind you. Oh, and I could pull up to a Chevelle or a Camaro, and they would not race me, I guess they thought I had NAWZ. The wife "can't drive stick". I paid only $14,500 for the car, Honda Certified with 11000 miles.

Having said all that, I like my EP more. Cornering, the entry was not quite as satisfying as the 00, but get the shift wrong or don't keep the revs up and it was bog city for the 00. Heel-toe or double clutch is child's play in the EP. Putting the RSX rear swaybar is mandatory. Take the old Si swaybar and put it on the wife's EX and throw the puny EX one in the trash.

Launches. You had to about burn the clutch and those horrible stock Michelins to death to get any kind of launch. Not on the EP.

ABS, EBD. If the 00 had these, I wouldn't have had to have a fender replaced. Other reasons I like the EP: Pass 911 Turbos on really steep mountains at 70 mph (off turbo, the Porsche is dead in high/steep inclines). The EP doesn't even blink at hills and the cruise is excellent. Storage space; you could store your house in the EP. Leg room and headroom, something lacking from the 00. Better headlights. Cool parking lights. A steering wheel that wasn't a leather wrapped version of my 77 CVCC (the 00 had a flimsy, skinny HUGE wheel, like a boat). Cupholders that actually hold a cup, and what a smart idea to put one up high on the left (wish they were smart enough to but the moonroof switch there, too). My insurance went down. But main reasons, TORQUE and the storage space a hatch gives you.

Zero Three Si
11-15-2003, 09:40 PM

Ok so you don't drive it....but you still get the joy of washing AND waxing it....hahahahahahahaha SUCKER!!!!

vivid blue Si
11-15-2003, 11:51 PM
makes me miss my stolen 00 si milano red:'( i love me ep but my 00
was a great car too. I think some one said it best when they said
the 02 is a tamer version of the 00 the brakes,steering wheel seats
shifter I like so many things about the ep the two things that the
00 has on ours is the stock rims and the 8000 redline
my two cents

Stoop
11-17-2003, 09:54 AM
I have a blue 2000 Si and my wife has a black 2002 Si. When I originally got my '00 Si (I bought it new), I intended on storing it in my garage before it had 10,000 miles on it and buying another car to use as my daily driver.
My theory behind it:
The 1999-2000 Civic Si is just like the Ford/Chevy/Muscle cars from the 1960s. The younger crowd owned them and threw tons of aftermarket parts on them and they were kick ass rides. Well, thirty to forty years later now, these Ford/Chevy/Muscle cars are the ones being restored and are collector cars worth good money. It's damn near impossible to find a nice one (that hasn't been discovered yet) in excellent condition with low miles and original parts.
The same is true about the 1999-2000 Civic Si. It was the first Civic that Honda FINALLY put a real engine in that was a highly coveted model made in limited numbers. By now, about 40% of them have a salvage title because they have been stolen/wrecked or whatnot. Of the other 60% on the road, the majority of them have been modified with aftermarket parts or engine work or whatever. It is damn near impossible to find one of these cars in flawless/original condition that hasn't been molested or salvaged.
That was where my idea came into play. I wanted to put my car away into storage with the low miles on it, and pull the car back out in 20 years or so. It would be bad-ass. By that time, the majority of these cars will be totally gone and it will be a thrill for people to see an original one in flawless condition reminding our generation of the cars WE used to drive. I know, for the most part, that it is a far fetched idea to think that the car may one day be a collector's item when in reality it might be worth $3000 in 20 years.
So far, my idea isn't working. While my car is still in flawless condition and is still 100% bone stock, I now have 42,000 miles on it. I know it's not too late to put it away, but my wife and I can't really afford to buy another car anytime soon seeing as how we just bought our first house this last summer. So I'll just continue to take care of my car until I can put it away. I still excessively change the oil every 2,000 miles and park miles from everyone else in the parking lot to make sure I don't get door dings. I also still check almost daily all my body pieces to make sure no damage has happened while at work. I still love my '00 Si the same as when I bought it new.

In all honesty though, it is hard to say which car I like more, the 2000 Civic Si or the 2002 Civic Si. The EP is DEFINITELY more exciting to drive and gets more attention then the '00 Si because of how few there are on the road. But after driving the '02 Si, I miss how my '00 revs to 8 grand - the sound of the engine on the B-Series is just a heavenly note when it hits VTEC. So my final conclusion is a draw.:D

STP03BlueSI
11-17-2003, 01:06 PM
Nice Si's

vivid blue Si
11-17-2003, 10:31 PM
I have to agree alot with stoop si! Other than a kick ass stero
I was planning on leaving my 00 si stock just added the factory
mid wing and the factory fog lights. I had them on one day and then
it got stolen:'( The car was totally finished and was going to be
enjoyed for over 100,000! I took a loan to buy it and was excessive
with the maintainace. well it serves me right buying the dealership
alarm:p now I have the viper responder on my ep and the brake lock,
lojack and viper alarm on the type R. and I am still paranoid! once
you have a car stolen you are never the same. Now I wont even put a
stereo in either car i'm just to paranoid. sorry for ranting.

furious
11-18-2003, 05:40 AM

if I was in that boat, I would have the gf take the ep. she likes refinement and could use day to day traffic sprinting, I on the otherhand loves the bottom line of no frills/just speed and I rev like a madman so I'd take the em:D

CptCorN
11-21-2003, 06:43 PM
I own a 99 ebp si... Ive recently been looking at EP's ...man you guys dont make it easy.... im yet to test drive one since the honda dealership in my city only has 1 and thats on the showroom floor...and ive also only seen 1 s2000....hah...but please more input on thoughts between the 99-00 and 02+ SIs.... also im not looking at crazy HP in my car... im a fan of roadracing and autoX when i feel im ready to participate...