PDA

View Full Version : Euro plates

stephen
05-04-2003, 04:14 PM
Anyone here in the states mount a custom euro plate to the front of the car? I'd like to see pics to see what it looks like.

Mugen Power
05-04-2003, 06:46 PM
Hmm, that might be interesting. I've only seen VDub guys do it.

Jpax
05-04-2003, 07:25 PM
Euro no japan Yea.
http://www.europeanplates.com/car2.jpg

Type X
05-04-2003, 08:51 PM
was gonna buy a euro plate at carlisle this weekend
but opted for beer instead ;):cool: :cool:

StrangeShadow
05-04-2003, 10:49 PM
hehe...modern-perf has JDM(on the front), haven't seen euro...

stephen
05-05-2003, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Type X
was gonna buy a euro plate at carlisle this weekend
but opted for beer instead ;):cool: :cool:

yeah, but ny has required front plates, so you wouldn't be able to wear it anyways.

Type X
05-05-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by stephen

yeah, but ny has required front plates, so you wouldn't be able to wear it anyways.

for shows

StrangeShadow
05-06-2003, 11:01 AM
they require them in cali too, but I don't think it's something that they really inforce, I haven't had a front plate on since I bought the car, got the car home and took it off:D

ep pilot
05-06-2003, 12:54 PM
Actually when I first got my Ep back in November, I kept my europlate from my Jetta, then removed the paper dealer plates and put the europlate on the back of my Ep. I had it in place for about two months, never got pulled over. I had the weirdest stares, and people at the gas station would always ask if I brought that little car over from Europe:o :p

I have also thought about mounting it to the front but there really isn't a clean way to do it. when you take the black plastic thing off the hatch, there is a place perfectly for the europlate.

On another note, in California I see Volvos and Saabs, BMW's and Volkswagen all the time with the europlate in the front.

-Ryan