PDA

View Full Version : Hey Pax! Or Somebody! Componet install q

Nighthawk Si
05-04-2003, 06:16 PM
Hey, all. I'm hoping that tomorrow morning I will finally be receiving my new set of Rainbows (after a ridiculous number of issues involving AmpMan and ARC Audio dating back to 07 April) for the front of my Civic Si and I'm planning on digging into the install after work tomorrow evening.

I just realized something, though: I've never personally installed a set of fronts that are to be amplified by an outboard amp. My question, then, is what do I do with the wires that go from the headunit to the stock speakers now? Can I just leave them dangling, so to speak, or will that create a problem by having no load on the outputs? It's an Alpine headunitwhich allows you to turn off the power amp circuits, but doing this will not allow me to power my rear speakers, and until I hear it with the new front system, I won't know if this will be a viable alternative. What are my options? Or do I not need to worry about it?

mhx
05-04-2003, 06:21 PM
you can reuse the wires if you dont want run new ones.. I would leave the stock wires in place.. but disconnect them from the HU wire harness.. This way you dont have a chance of power running to them and causing any type of interfance..

make sure you secure the loose wires so they dont rattle..

I would advise getting some DYNAmaT for the 6.5's

late
ryan

what did u pay for your speakers?

Jpax
05-04-2003, 07:19 PM
Well i personaly would install the head unit and the output of the speaker wires, do not connect them to the aftermarket wire harness. so basically your just connecting the RCA cables. for the AMP. then run NEW speaker wire from the amp to the front speakers. That way you are not cutting the factory speaker plug and When you want to take your system out you can put back the factory system with little notice to the car that it had after market speakers. (aside if you cut the door)

Nighthawk Si
05-05-2003, 03:31 PM
Cool. Thanks guys. Unfortunately...the comps still haven't shown up, so it doesn't really matter yet. I don't know why they haven't sent me a tracking number either...

BTW, I paid $524 for them (they are Pro Series CS-265P3).

BlackNRedSi
05-06-2003, 07:35 AM
POST their address, we all will go pay them a visit! :)