PDA

View Full Version : SiR EP? Anyone own one?

SlammedEP3
05-05-2003, 12:04 AM
Ok... Im currently lookin to buy a Civic Si (ep) and since in the stated we are goin to be getttin the civic type r i dont wanna make it into a "civic type r" soo i wanted to know what are the diff. between the us Si...and the SiR....I hope this question hasnt been asked before...im a newbie sorry guys...but i love the site!!

SiRman
05-05-2003, 12:41 AM
Well the SiR is the Canadian equivalent of the Si.

SlammedEP3
05-05-2003, 01:03 AM
ohhh soo then all it would be then would be a SiR badge rather than a Si badge and thats it? hmmm nothing else huh? and the red H's is that a type R thing?

IchBinEinSiR
05-05-2003, 06:28 AM
We (Canadians) also had heated mirrors, a low washer fluid light, no side air bags available, daytime running lights, the Milano Red option (which I have), and the SiR badging. I am not sure of the pricing down there, but at the end I was able to purchase the car for the equivilent of $14,000 USD...

redronin22
05-05-2003, 06:43 AM
Wish i could have gotten a red EP. Heated mirrors isnt reallly need in so cal. BTW does the canadian model come with blinker fluid indicator as well? :D

andy
05-05-2003, 07:06 AM
Are you wondering about the differences between the
Canadian and U.S. Si's? As others have mentioned, the
differences are few (it is called the SiR, I believe, up north).

If you want the differences on the Euro/Japanese Civic Type
R and the U.S./Canadian Si, look at this SportsCompactCar write up on the Type R. (http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/roadtests/0205scc_typer/) .

hth...

JSIR
05-05-2003, 10:20 AM
something strange between the canadian and Us EP's is the bracing that goes in the middle of the vehicle that spans the left and right side along the floor pan, called a middle gusset. The Canadian and US models have different middle support gussets. Can't imagine why or which is better but it is listed in the shop manual like that. Found that to be very odd.

Joey

Joker
05-05-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by andywrx
If you want the differences on the Euro/Japanese Civic Type
R and the U.S./Canadian Si, look at this SportsCompactCar write up on the Type R. (http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/roadtests/0205scc_typer/) .
Great read! Thanks for the link!:)