PDA

View Full Version : Need info on rims!

IchBinEinSiR
05-05-2003, 07:06 AM
I have an opportunity to buy a set of Enkei RP01's at a great price, and need to know if anyone has these, etc.

Or, what does everyone think?

ssvr6
05-05-2003, 07:16 AM
They look nice.

Steve

Tenacious G
05-05-2003, 07:23 AM
i like them, assuming you can get them in a 4x100 bolt pattern (your pic is a five-bolt). actually, i just went to wheelspecs.com and they're pretty light too. ranging from 14.5 lbs to 17 lbs.

XLR8B4U
05-05-2003, 07:23 AM
Any idea how much these weigh?

They really look nice. I know nothing about this specific wheel though.. sorry.

Craig

IchBinEinSiR
05-05-2003, 08:28 AM
The wheels supposedly weigh 17.6lbs a piece and they (unlike the picture I posted) are a 4x100 bolt pattern with a 40mm offset. The reason I am asking for help, is that they are clearance items with NO warranty from the supplier, and an no waaranty from the manufacturer (implied). I like the way they look, I wonder if someone can photoshop them for me?

IceD out N CALI
05-05-2003, 09:05 AM
they look alright, and if u can get a good deal on them and like them, why not:)

mental
05-05-2003, 09:25 AM
DO IT!!! i have been considering those for soooo long!!! i like normally dont like alot of bling... however that black chrome(i think) that they offer it in is really neat looking!! it blings but bot really crasy and its just looks kinda cool!!! and to let ya know i am rolling rota subzeros in 18" and flatblack... well its not anodized black.. but its definettly not bling... lol but any way get these and let me know how they perform!!! i really want a second set of wheels for rolling around town not just track use.. lol email me at mental03si@netscape.net if you get them... i am aswell very interested in the 5zigen that look similar... i forget the name sorry.. lol short term memory loss...

IchBinEinSiR
05-05-2003, 09:49 AM
I've been thinking about it, and I think I'll get them...;)

Thanks for any responses, and I'll post how they look on my EP when I get them.

Which brings us to the next question:

Kuhmo Ecsta Supra's or Dunlop SP Sport 9000's

Are the Dunlops worth the extra 80% more they cost? I have a friend who had them and they were great! (On his MP3) But I don't know anyone with the Khumo's. SCC gave them a good rating for the money.

Any suggestions in rubbers? (Other than the Trojan type...LOL):D

Makross
05-05-2003, 10:12 AM
nice wheels if you get a good deal on em then get em i think they loook good and our H caps will fit on em too;)

blackyEP3
05-05-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by IchBinEinSiR
I have an opportunity to buy a set of Enkei RP01's at a great price, and need to know if anyone has these, etc.

Or, what does everyone think?

Yo, I love good deals! Do they got different colours?? What you getting?? 16 or 17? The rims are nice.....its not too bling......:)

Suk02Si
05-06-2003, 01:03 AM
CivicHB has those wheels and they look good; they're just a little heavy.

IchBinEinSiR
05-06-2003, 05:42 AM
Are they considered heavy at 17.6lbs for a 17" rim? I thought that was a few pounds lighter than the stack 15" rims on the EP... I know it isn't as good as some but, they are a lot less $$.

They (a local dealer) have only one set, 17" 4x100 in the colour pictured at the top, $179CAND. I have already decided, and am going in today to get them.

02SilverSiHB
05-06-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by IchBinEinSiR
Are they considered heavy at 17.6lbs for a 17" rim? I thought that was a few pounds lighter than the stack 15" rims on the EP... I know it isn't as good as some but, they are a lot less $$.

They (a local dealer) have only one set, 17" 4x100 in the colour pictured at the top, $179CAND. I have already decided, and am going in today to get them.
I wouldn't consider them heavy nor extremely light either. That's a good weight for the price. nothing wrong with them. I'd go for it if you are getting them for cheap. Did you see the rims on civichb's ride. They look clean.

02SilverSiHB
05-06-2003, 03:30 PM
here's the link to see the rims on a black car:
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7464&highlight=civichb

I think the enkei RP02's would be better. They look a little better, imo and they weigh the same.

02SilverSiHB
05-06-2003, 03:40 PM
the rp02s:
http://www.enkei.com/images/High%20Performance%20Line/RP02.jpg
Oh, it does weigh less...17x7 weighs: 15.7lbs

IchBinEinSiR
05-06-2003, 08:17 PM
Well, you wouldn't f#^*ing believe it but when I went to the dealer they brought forth the wheel from the display, and three boxes, one of them empty, probably for the display wheel. And for the rest of us that can count that leaves them with only 3 f#^*ing wheels in stock!!! AND, they are not sure they can get another wheel in, and if they can they want extra $$$ on shipping it in etc, and they would want regular price as it is not a clearance item. This is after I pointed out it wasn't my f#^*ing problem, but theirs!!! I want decent rims... NOW, but can't afford more than the $180/wheel that these would cost, at least right now. I MIGHT HAVE TO GO ALL SUMMER ON THE STOCKERS!!!:'(

(Imagine many obscenities....)

02SilverSiHB
05-06-2003, 09:17 PM
keeping searching man. Just try searching in google.com you'd be amazed what it can turn up.

If you care, this is a terrible pick, but of the rp02's on my old 97 EX

mental
05-07-2003, 09:10 AM
fuck them bitches!!! here ya go my freind if ya cant find something on here you can always just get some falken azenis sports in a 215/50/15 and drop the fuck out of it to reduce wheel gap it looks good i promise!!! lol anyway here is the site.... somepeople may bitch and not like it but i love them they got great deals on wheels! and ohh never forget about ebay!! here... www.machiii.net

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
05-09-2003, 09:19 PM
$180/wheel for those is NOT cheap.
oh wait, you said Canadian, didnt you?
i dunno how much that is in U.S.
but i wouldnt pay more than $120US/wheel for those.

they have been around for YEEEEARS.

IchBinEinSiR
05-10-2003, 11:21 AM
That's about $129USD... besides, I have given up the search for this year. My plan is to run the stock Michelin MXV-4's until the winter, then install a set of Goodyear Eagle Ultragrip's on the stock rims, and in the spring purchase a set of wheels and tires. This gives me time to save up and research EXACTLY what I want.

I DO want lightness and the ability to drive normal streets without worrying about wrecking the rims, so I will go no larger than 17", but presently leaning towards a nice set of 16".

Thanks for all your help. (everyone);)

AznPower
05-10-2003, 11:36 AM
thats cool that you're going to actually wait and decide on what u want and not rush into things. u will be more happy with the decision.