PDA

View Full Version : Need Pointers on Installing Spring!!!!!!!

mixedupneko
08-09-2002, 10:13 AM
Hey guys I finaly got my springs yesterday there APEX springs 1.7 inch drop. Umm I cannot aford to get them professionaly installed. But I have a friend that cuts springs n puts springs on other cars that is gona help me out. Im a little skeptical about him doing the job on the si . becuase its not like other cars he has done. Well basicly my question is is there n e thing i should tell him to watch out for any problems u guys ran throught let me noe hes gona be installing them saturday moring

neko

fishboy
08-09-2002, 10:26 AM
i just have one tip: if the steering arm won't pop off the strut with a few hits of the hammer, DO NOT KEEP HAMMERING IT FOR A HALF AN HOUR THINKING IT WILL POP OFF EVENTUALLY. we did that, warped it and couldn't get the bolt back on. we even tried cutting it with a dremel to "rethread it." haha funny stuff. i had to drive it that way to a shop the next morning.

mixedupneko
08-09-2002, 10:36 AM
how do i aviod that ?

fishboy
08-09-2002, 10:44 AM
i don't know. we did the left side all easy, but the right side steering arm would just not pop off. he has lowered a bunch of cars before with no problems. just my luck i guess.