PDA

View Full Version : stuck parking outside

513n179
05-05-2003, 06:30 PM
I'm upset that I can't park my car inside the garage, I have to park my car outside because my brother is being a bitch about it and won't park his outside. I think it's jealousy, he drives a bone stock ex coupe with clear turn signals and indiglo gaues, and so far I'm on my second car, a brand new week old '03 SI and before this car I drove a fully kit'd, paint'd and rim'd 98 civic hatch that also had to live outside...

But anyways, I need to know what everyone thinks is the best way to care for this new car that's stuck parking outside. Should I wax it often? Wash it more than once a week? I just need some advice...

Thanks

alwayscleaning
05-05-2003, 06:45 PM
I would wash it as needed, twice a week would probably be enough to keep harmful contaminants from bonding to it , but if you are anal you may end up washing three or four times.

As far as wax, I would look into a sealant such as zaino or platinum. A carnuba based wax is really only going to last about three or four weeks, especially outside. A sealant actually bonds to your paint and will give you MUCH beter protection from the elements(which is what you will need). I don't know what color your car is , but you should look into a california duster and a quality quick detailer too(they can really save you some time).

streaker666
05-05-2003, 08:37 PM
Geez...3 or 4 times a week? that's a whole lot...

I park it outside...and I love my car but not to the point that I'm anal. I just spent 6 hours washing, cleaning, removing scratches, polishing, and washing this past Saturday...and that's using my orbital buffer. It looked good for one day, and now there's a thunderstorm outside (yes, I park outside too). It is the most beautiful thing to see water beading up beautifully and the beads on the hood sliding off of it. I'm thinking washing and waxing once a week...

btw, my car is black and I have the 3M scotchcal on my hood...the line where the adhesive is visible most of the time because of dust.

potator
05-08-2003, 12:25 AM
Taking care of your car's body and paint is one thing, but protecting it from theives is another! Make sure you fully arm your car at night if you haven't already - Alarm, Clubs, detachable steering wheel, shiftknob, etc., anything you can do protect it, especially since it'll be parked in the same place every night. I know theives that are pro's will get your car no matter what if they want it, but at least the simple protection measures will stop amateurs or people that just want joyride in a new EP.

streaker666
05-08-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by potator
Taking care of your car's body and paint is one thing, but protecting it from theives is another! Make sure you fully arm your car at night if you haven't already - Alarm, Clubs, detachable steering wheel, shiftknob, etc., anything you can do protect it, especially since it'll be parked in the same place every night. I know theives that are pro's will get your car no matter what if they want it, but at least the simple protection measures will stop amateurs or people that just want joyride in a new EP.

I think the immobilizer will be able to frustrate the joyriders...if they can get by that, then they would be considered pros. Besides, that's why you buy insurance. Having said that, I do have an alarm.

FACTION95Si
05-09-2003, 09:27 AM
That sucks! Make sure you keep it waxed so its protected from the elements. I would get a car cover. This would help with protecting your car from the elements but also would hide it from theives.

ep88
05-09-2003, 10:18 AM
i dont have a garage too :'( my poor egg :(