PDA

View Full Version : Help (i Need My To Be Answered)

JUNIOR LOPEZ
05-05-2003, 10:13 PM
I'M STARTING TO HAVE PROBLEM WITH MY 2002 HONDA CIVIC SI HATCH AND HOPEFULLY U GUYS CAN ANSWER QUESTIONS AND HELP ME OUT. MY CAR HAS A PROBLEM LAUNCHING AND THE SPEED IS NOT THERE ANYMORE. I NOTICED THAT WHEN I TURN MY MOTOR OFF IS T RADLES ALOT BACK AND FORTH. MY EXHAUST NOISE CHANGED DRAMAGICALLY. THE SPRING ON THE THROTTLE BODY ON THE SECONDARY CABLE IS THE I- VTEC RIGHT YES OR NO, SOME TELL ME. BUT HTE SPRING IS REALLY LOOSE AND THE I-VTEC DOES NOT KICK IN ANY MORE. PLEASE SOME ONE HELP. I 'M TAKING IT TO THE DEALER TOMORROW AND HOPEFULLY THEY WILL STOP PULLING MY CHAIN. THANK YOU EVERYBODY.

SHAKEnBAKE
05-05-2003, 10:45 PM
Wow, that's kinda general, hard to answer your question, but Vtec shouldn't have anything to do with launching. IMHO it's the ECU.
BTW lay off you caps man!:D

JUNIOR LOPEZ
05-05-2003, 10:59 PM
THANKS SHAKENBAKE

Suk02Si
05-06-2003, 01:13 AM
the second throttle cable your talking about is the cruise control. If your having problems launching then learn how to feather your clutch; when done correctly it will eliminate wheel hop or bogging.

ssvr6
05-06-2003, 06:26 AM
First, take off the caps lock. Second, that is indeed the cruise control. You need to just have it looked at by the dealer.

Steve

bioevolve
05-07-2003, 06:21 PM
Turning engine off and it radles, possible timing wrong(jumped timing) or pre-ignition, maybe internal engine damage?

chunky
05-07-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by JUNIOR LOPEZ
I'M STARTING TO HAVE PROBLEM WITH MY 2002 HONDA CIVIC SI HATCH AND HOPEFULLY U GUYS CAN ANSWER QUESTIONS AND HELP ME OUT. MY CAR HAS A PROBLEM LAUNCHING AND THE SPEED IS NOT THERE ANYMORE. I NOTICED THAT WHEN I TURN MY MOTOR OFF IS T RADLES ALOT BACK AND FORTH. MY EXHAUST NOISE CHANGED DRAMAGICALLY. THE SPRING ON THE THROTTLE BODY ON THE SECONDARY CABLE IS THE I- VTEC RIGHT YES OR NO, SOME TELL ME. BUT HTE SPRING IS REALLY LOOSE AND THE I-VTEC DOES NOT KICK IN ANY MORE. PLEASE SOME ONE HELP. I 'M TAKING IT TO THE DEALER TOMORROW AND HOPEFULLY THEY WILL STOP PULLING MY CHAIN. THANK YOU EVERYBODY.

DUDE!!! YOU'RE SO FUCKED OMGOMGOMG!

DON'T DRIVE YOUR CAR, YOUR FLUX CAPACITOR IS OVERLOADING. THAT'S WHY YOU HAVE THE 2ND CABLE, THE DEALER PUT IT THERE TO FOOL YOU! THE RADDLING EXHAUST IS A DEAD GIVEAWAY DOOD! YOU'RE SO FUCKED, YOU BETTER GO AND TELL HONDA WHAT'S UP!! THEY BROKE YOUR I-VTEC AND TRIED TO GHETTO RIG IT WITH SOME CABLE. . .

. . . ahem. . . .

i-vtec has nothing to do with the 2nd cable hooked up to the throttle butterfly - that is the cruise control cable as mentioned before.

Both cables should have some slack. The actual throttle cable should have as little slack as possible w/o actually holding the butterfly open.

You can't feel i-vtec, it's always working, it doesn't "kick" in.

The dramagic. . . err dramatic change in your exhaust tone is just the result of the muffler breaking in. All mufflers get louder as the insulation inside heat cycles.

If you're really noticing a loss in power, check your oil level. If you've got more than 3500miles on it, look into getting an oil change.