PDA

View Full Version : Remember the Skunk I ran over???

SmoothOperator
08-09-2002, 12:46 PM
Here's the original thread. (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=831&highlight=skunk)

Well...after that incident, I didn't bother to wash the car for a few weeks (Other than the quick "spray down" right after it happenned)
So when I decided to finally wash it, I noticed these light yellow stains all over the front bumper. And they wouldn't come out! I took the car into my dealership and they told me they'd buff it out. Well apparently the spray ate through the clear coat!!! So I now have a freshly re-painted bumper!
Animals suck!!!

SBC31
08-09-2002, 12:52 PM
Skunks are one potent animal...:D

Good to hear the bumper was re-painted, hope the smell of the skunk it totally gone.

SmoothOperator
08-09-2002, 01:50 PM
Yeah the smell has finally gone away. It just took some serious rain puddles and time. :D It's kind of a bonus that the bumper got repainted, because I already had a few nicks in the paint due to rocks and stuff.

JSIR
08-09-2002, 09:29 PM
hey I seen your car at Jones Auto, I have to take my car in for some door damage (needs new door, long story....), probably gonna take a few weeks to get parts on these cars. But while I was there for the estimate I saw your car in the back. Looks nice. They told me about your skunk problem, who would have thought hugh ?
good luck with it now, I've been told they are really good at matching up Honda paint colours.

Joey

SmoothOperator
08-10-2002, 06:58 PM
Glad you like my car JSIR. Jones did a great job with the paint. It looks brand new again, which is an added bonus. I'm gonna have to write a thank you card to LondonHonda for taking such good care of me. They covered the costs as a cortesy. I'm very happy. By the way...We should hook up sometime. It'd also be nice to learn a few things from you.
I might be buying an exhaust soon....wanna help me install it??

JSIR
08-10-2002, 07:12 PM
good to hear they did a nice job, how the hell did London Honda cover that for you, damn that is good, i can't get a penny out of those guys for anything. wow that is amazing.

Yeah we should hook up some time, if you get an exhaust let me know I don't mind helping out. I don't really like crawling under vehicles too much though. I'm waiting for my header to arrive right now, I am hoping it should be here in a week at the latest. I've got some Eibach springs to install shortly also, but my car is going in for warranty inspection on MOnday, there is a clunking noise in the suspension, Ive been told it may need new springs/shock assembly which could take weeks to arrive, but I want to install my springs in the meantime but probably can't until the warranty item is fixed. :(

SmoothOperator
08-10-2002, 07:23 PM
how the hell did London Honda cover that for you, damn that is good

I just make a habit of talking to Chris Butters and the rest of the crew when I'm in there. So they've gotten to know me. Plus I waited a month longer than I should have for my rims. So perhaps they felt bad :rolleyes:

What's up with all the problems you're having??? You gotta get a new door? And now your suspension's messed up?? I'd be demanding a new one!

JSIR
08-10-2002, 07:45 PM
well the door was my fault, so can't blame Honda. But the clunking suspension is going to be something pretty common on these cars I think, I know of 3 guys already who had that fixed under warranty, and heard from a handful of others that had the same noise but not fixed yet. Sounds like a defect. I just hope they can find the parts for it without delay, seems like it takes months to get parts anymore out of manufacturers.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
05-21-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
Yeah the smell has finally gone away. It just took some serious rain puddles and time. :D It's kind of a bonus that the bumper got repainted, because I already had a few nicks in the paint due to rocks and stuff.

lucky you.
thats one reason why i sold my last civic.
i hit a skunk w/ my windows down.
NOTHING would get rid of the smell.
it was so bad i could smell my car from INSIDE THE HOUSE with it parked out in the street!