View Full Version : If you have a PALM Pilot

BlasTech
05-06-2003, 07:46 PM
There's finally a use for it...
Nology has a Palm Dyno tool that reads ODBII data into your Palm

http://www.nology.com/pdadyno.html

SHAKEnBAKE
05-07-2003, 05:51 PM
I always think its cooler when you use a laptop on your car before racing, a la Fast & Furious.:D

BlasTech
05-07-2003, 06:00 PM
I wonder if there's OBDII software floating around on file-sharing somewhere... just to try it out....

Si4U2NV
05-07-2003, 07:11 PM
whoa how INCREDIBLY cool! finally i can put my (few) palm pilot(s) to use!! but the thing is the software is $350!!!!!!....

actually considering 80% of the progz i have are downloaded and cracked, thatz not the problem...the problem is-- i need the OBD II compliant cable...where could i get this??! im sure its not sold for $350!!!!! if i can get this-- im str8... (our carz are OBD II??)

-Mike

I SELL HONDAS
05-07-2003, 07:35 PM
check the service dept or Snap-on/Mac/Matco for wiring.
just a thought.

EPTree
05-09-2003, 09:33 PM
EWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! PALM!! Pocket PC all the way! (Tungsten excluded)

SiR Medic
05-10-2003, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by EPTree
EWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! PALM!! Pocket PC all the way! (Tungsten excluded)

Yeah really!

My 2 year old ghetto HP Jornada is a zillion times better than the newest Palm Tungsten.

I'm getting a FM transmitter for it and using it for an MP3 player on my stock stereo.

My next Pocket PC will have the built-in phone and wireless internet.:D

siver-SI
05-10-2003, 07:11 AM
Well I know at work (snap-on) we cary a line of palms that are made for this. I can not remember the model number off the top of my head, but I know you can get a palm the software and conections all in one.

EPTree
05-10-2003, 08:30 AM
Just remember, POCKET PCs can emulate Palm OS. So if someone can find a warez version of this, all of us PDA users can use it.

BlasTech
05-10-2003, 11:06 AM
The 'W' word has official emerged. ;)

Tekdemon
05-11-2003, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by EPTree
Just remember, POCKET PCs can emulate Palm OS. So if someone can find a warez version of this, all of us PDA users can use it.
err but the pocket pc's physical connectors are different...making it kinda silly =P

I have a Dell Axim 400Mhz right now, it has a 128MB SD card for mp3s and stuff, plus a wireless access card for the LAN(it's actually the Clie Gear one...but I got it really cheap...free after rebate hehe), and I also have an IR wireless keyboard setup for it...neeeeaat =P

I also have the Kyocera Smartphone Palm PDA...It's sort of beat up by now(dropped it a couple of days ago by accident doh!) but whatever...it's a Palm AND a Cell phone! Which means I get wireless dialup anywhere I have cell access...mmmm geek factor =P

EPTree
05-11-2003, 04:25 PM
Oh yeah..that whole connection thing...just push hard enough, it'll fit eventually.