PDA

View Full Version : Custom Seat Belt Paads GROUP BUY

BlackNRedSi
05-07-2003, 09:24 AM
Hey All,

I found a company that would like to do custom seat belt pads for us at a pretty good price for a GROUP buy!

if anyone is interested POST in this thread....

I am going for something like this:

the font will be in the font that is on the website, i think it will look pretty dope, any color you want blue on black, black on blue, red on black, black on red...whatever color you want they have...

will post the price for a group buy once they get back to me (in alittle from now)

once they get back to me and if enough of us are interested the price will be a good one, and u all can paypal me if you want and i will have them send to you...or if you feel better by paypaling them you can as well....

Eric

anyother suggestions on what you guys think the logo on teh sholder pads should look post that too, nothing is written in stone yet, just need enough of us that want the same kind, or the group buy wont work right!

ssvr6
05-07-2003, 09:29 AM
No offense, but I think all seat belt pads are pretty ricey unless you have them on your 5 point harrness that's attached to a roll cage.

Steve

BlackNRedSi
05-07-2003, 09:34 AM
thats ok, some people like them....if no 1 wants to do the group buy thats fine, i will just order a set for myself anyway....

mhx
05-07-2003, 09:37 AM
R.I.C.E

BlackNRedSi
05-07-2003, 09:41 AM
look if you dont have anything good to say about the topic keep your mouth shut...i was asking for people wanting to do group buys, not people to come in this thread to start bashing a idea i was going to do...

Surprise
05-07-2003, 09:52 AM
I think a shoulder pad is a great idea; it would be cool to find the suede material of our seats and use that with black stitching of the logo, not too ricey, very subtle. That would look good. Also if you/they could use the same suede material and desighn something that would wrap around the hole in the headrest and over the shoulder where the seatbelt rubs. I think this will protect the seats and would look good. Just an idea.

BlackNRedSi
05-07-2003, 10:10 AM
works 4 me, i will let the guy know of the idea...

see if they have that material

Eric

BlasTech
05-07-2003, 10:39 AM
I've got nice thick black pads on both my Hondas with no graphics. They look nice and boy does it cut down on the shoulder/boobie chafing during auto-x.

my02si
05-07-2003, 11:20 AM
I like the idea... Also the suede is cool idea.. Black and red stiching please... :)

BlackNRedSi
05-08-2003, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Surprise
I think a shoulder pad is a great idea; it would be cool to find the suede material of our seats and use that with black stitching of the logo, not too ricey, very subtle. That would look good. Also if you/they could use the same suede material and desighn something that would wrap around the hole in the headrest and over the shoulder where the seatbelt rubs. I think this will protect the seats and would look good. Just an idea.

they contacted me back, and they said that they can do the suade material, with the red stitching around teh sides...with ephatch.com and honda civic si as the wording...anyone have anyother ideas for wording?

WB

Eric

my02si
05-08-2003, 11:40 AM
I would personally like black suede with red stitching. And Si embroidered on one side, and that

BlackNRedSi
05-08-2003, 11:48 AM
works 4 me, thats why i made this thread...to see what others thought....they are going to send out a digital pad to me, and i will post once it gets here, prolly by tomorrow

PAsi
05-08-2003, 12:42 PM
me want

my02si
05-08-2003, 01:08 PM
Any idea if these are going to be expensive???

ThickMick
05-08-2003, 09:43 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by my02si
[B]I would personally like black suede with red stitching. And Si embroidered on one side, and that

chet
05-08-2003, 11:43 PM
I would dig the black suede with red stitching with the Civic Si emblem (Silver letters with red border). Something like that.

TrippZ
05-09-2003, 05:14 PM
suede with black stitching and the si emblem sounds pretty good. how much would these run for?

esmith13
05-09-2003, 07:23 PM
I think Black Suade, Red Stitching and either a Red embrodered "Si" or Red embrordered with a silver border around the lettering (like the actual emblem on the hatch).

HOWEVER - The Si must be in the same font/style as the real deal or it would look like ass...

Also, what about snaps or a zipper instead of that shitty velcro mine are made of now??? It never stays closed!!!

just my two cents..

Eric

ThickMick
05-10-2003, 12:50 PM
Yes, please try to shoot for snaps or a zipper instead of velcro.

poppasp1ce
05-10-2003, 01:04 PM
definitely interested.

black suede, red stitching, same 'civic si' logo that is on oe floormats. i would prefer snaps or zippers but would probably buy regardless.

SiR_d1
05-10-2003, 03:59 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ThickMick
Yes, please try to shoot for snaps or a zipper instead of velcro. [/QUOTE

I second this!

But because I live in Canada your Si is our SiR:'(

Would anyone go for EP3 instead?;)

raiyo
05-13-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6
No offense, but I think all seat belt pads are pretty ricey unless you have them on your 5 point harrness that's attached to a roll cage.

Steve

I don't agree with that, seat belt pads are VERY useful. After having my neck got cut and burn by the seat belt in an accident you won't think it is useless and RICEY.

BlackNRedSi
05-14-2003, 05:52 AM
This is the EMAIL i just got today:

The Beltface Company
keith.foxx@beltface.com

Mr. Torretti,

We have a digitizer working on your design now. We were really backed up. We should be sending you something within 24 hours. Thanks for your patience!

Keith

Hopefully we will get an answer by tomorrow!

Eric

BlackNRedSi
05-15-2003, 05:45 AM
here is what this company has come up with so far....they are doing 3 more for us

my02si
05-15-2003, 05:51 AM
I like them but I think the Si needs to be Red You said three more are on the way though right?

BlackNRedSi
05-15-2003, 05:54 AM
yes there are....

suggestions on that ??? Si red, whatabout the honda name....

o and should we ditch the EPHATCH.COM?

my02si
05-15-2003, 05:56 AM
The blue on black is great but I still want the black with red stitching and just SI on them...

chet
05-15-2003, 01:21 PM
If we want both "Honda Si" and "ephatch.com" on them, we should get one on each side, or just separate them altogther. I think both of them on one side of the pad is going to just be too much information. I still want Civic Si emblem (red on black). that's all. The blue won't cut it for me.

BlackNRedSi
05-15-2003, 03:04 PM
ok, will have them do it for you....

here is another...

Eric

TrippZ
05-16-2003, 04:23 PM
ditch the www.ephatch.com part all together

just have the same design thats on the floormats like poppasp1ce said. thats a good idea.

i wont buy it if its some odd color on it like blue, either. just make it neutral, bro!

chet
05-16-2003, 04:30 PM
Trippz and Poppaspice1 are right. If it doesn't match, then why?
It shouldn't be that hard to match the floor mats.

SinisterCivicSi
05-17-2003, 10:06 PM
i would be interested, i would need them for front and back. i have an 8 year old son that hates when the chest belt rubs his neck. i also was thinkin maybe the pads would help eliminate the rubbing on my drivers seat and the worn spot from it.
i would be interested in a black pad w/ "civic si" just like the floormats also....since i have them in my car. the ones on ebay look like some shit to me.
let us know how this turns out. do they need a pic of the floormat "civic Si" if so i am sure one of us would be more than happy to help

Dunrick
05-18-2003, 09:21 AM
Ditch the Ephatch.com

it just needs Civic SI Civic = white text Si = REd

just look at the floormats and copy that....

Or maybe just say SI

Cause I debadged my civic --- so its not longer a civic :)

BlackNRedSi
05-21-2003, 05:59 AM
ok guys...yah sorry for the wait, i will grab a photo of the SI on the floor mat and have them copy that...

here are 3 more shots of the other ones they did

my02si
05-21-2003, 06:12 AM
Pretty good, but I am still want just the SI, keep up the good work. Josh

BlackNRedSi
05-21-2003, 06:29 AM
ok, they are working on that one right now! :)

TrippZ
05-23-2003, 04:11 PM
seriously what the hell did they do, copy ephatch.com from here, open up Paint, and then slap "Honda Civic Si" on it?

im sorry, btu that looks utterly low quality. I'm just trying to voice my opinion, so if i sound like an a-hole, then sorry.

copy the floor mats and you'll be rich, tell them that.

chet
06-11-2003, 10:13 PM
BlacknRed, what ever happened with this??

the JigGa mAn
06-12-2003, 04:52 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by my02si
[B]I would personally like black suede with red stitching. And Si embroidered on one side, and that

BlackNRedSi
06-12-2003, 05:15 PM
sorry guys,

i lost contact with this post...and i made it...how stupid!

anywho, i have been trying and trying to contact these guys back, cause i kept throwin everyones opinion @ them....no1 has contacted me back...so i guess they dont want the business...

o well, we will find another company !

Eric

jerky
06-12-2003, 05:47 PM
uh, pads are ricey. i'm sure you can get some spoon ones from ebay, along with the spoon tissue box cover. i actually want the tissue box cover though, i wasn't making fun of that. anyways, pads - rice. :p

chet
06-12-2003, 06:06 PM
I don't care if they are rice or wheat or fucking barley, I find them helpful during autocross events, always hated the feel of regular seatbelts anyway. And if they're are rice, what's the difference with them being Spoon from Ebay or custom?

BlackNRedSi
06-12-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by chet
I don't care if they are rice or wheat or fucking barley, I find them helpful during autocross events, always hated the feel of regular seatbelts anyway. And if they're are rice, what's the difference with them being Spoon from Ebay or custom?

ahh dont bother with him, its just JERKY!!!! :)

sorry guys about the custom pads, i really tried on them...WTF!