PDA

View Full Version : Received my new rims today

02SilverSiHB
05-07-2003, 04:36 PM
I love the rims. The picks don't do them any justice too me. They are arospeed statics. 17" with 215/45 Toyo FZ4 I weighed the rim and it weigh 40lbs with the tire...which is right where it should be, the tire weighs 21lbs and the rim it self weighs 19lbs. Definitely not light weight, but I don't care, since they are for everyday driving. Handling is much better, I can actually feel what the car is doing under harder turns. I wouldn't go all out to say the tires are awsome, but they are quiet and perform well for everyday driving. They are pretty soft, so the road conditions are not felt. Of course there is a slight decrease in initial acceleration due to the bigger rotational mass and it doesn't weigh any less than stock tires. I can feel the drag, until about 20mph and the acceleration goes back to the norm. I got plenty of looks on my way to take the pics :D Here's one pic I attached, for the rest go here http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=74296#post74296

02SilverSiHB
05-07-2003, 04:37 PM
here's the pic

02SilverSiHB
05-07-2003, 04:43 PM
Progress makes nice springs, but as you can tell from the pics, the rear sits lower than the front. It's more noticeable now, due to the 17's with 45 series tire. I noticed that progress isn't the only one...goldline, sprint, neuspeed race and sport, eibach prokit and sportline all seem to do the same to me from the pics I've seen. I can't figure out why the companies are making our springs like that. I like an even drop. I'm going to email progress and ask them why it comes out this way since the drop is supposed to be 1.8 in the front and 1.5 in the rear...definitely the opposite imo.
Here's a pic of the front
Two fingers just fit in

02SilverSiHB
05-07-2003, 04:45 PM
And a pic of the rear:
1 finger just barely in there

RacingCivicSi02
05-07-2003, 04:54 PM
Nice wheels. What other colors were there.

IceD out N CALI
05-07-2003, 05:43 PM
looks nice:)

02SilverSiHB
05-07-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by RacingCivicSi02
Nice wheels. What other colors were there.
they also come in white, hyperblack, and gunmetal with polished lip. I got mine from www.speedandstyle.com

ALCT
05-07-2003, 08:13 PM
very nice setup, have you noticed any rubbing problems with 215/45 and that much drop?

chunky
05-07-2003, 08:23 PM
the rear appears to sit lower b/c the fenders are lower to start with in the rear.

stock, i have about 5 fingers worth of gap in the front, and 4 fingers worth of gap in the rear. So assuming an even drop, the front will appear to sit higher than the rear.

Brettnyt
05-07-2003, 08:49 PM
Dayum, your car is lookin good! I really need to paint my headlights and drop my car... Im really afraid of messin up my headlights tho! Urs look great! What parts did you paint? Should I try or will I mess it up?

02SilverSiHB
05-07-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by ALCT
very nice setup, have you noticed any rubbing problems with 215/45 and that much drop?
thanks. No rubbing at all. Must be the negative camber :D

02SilverSiHB
05-07-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by chunky
the rear appears to sit lower b/c the fenders are lower to start with in the rear.

stock, i have about 5 fingers worth of gap in the front, and 4 fingers worth of gap in the rear. So assuming an even drop, the front will appear to sit higher than the rear.
ah, that answers why it does that. Thanks chunky.

Brettnyt I'll take a pic of the headlight from the front later on so you can see what I painted. Just don't leave the headlights in there for more than 10 minutes at 250 degrees.

hamlet9634
05-08-2003, 08:21 AM
the rear fenders ARE lower than the front one.. i put on my coilovers.. measured the clearance of the body from the ground repeatedly.. and found that the front end will have more wheel gap when the the frame is level. It's about 1/2 inch difference in wheel gap while the frame is even.

by the way, i like the wheels, though they look a bit like 6 spoke versions of the focus SVT wheels.. sorta.. but nice

02SilverSiHB
05-08-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by hamlet9634
the rear fenders ARE lower than the front one.. i put on my coilovers.. measured the clearance of the body from the ground repeatedly.. and found that the front end will have more wheel gap when the the frame is level. It's about 1/2 inch difference in wheel gap while the frame is even.

by the way, i like the wheels, though they look a bit like 6 spoke versions of the focus SVT wheels.. sorta.. but nice
I think they are some knock off from the buddy club rims...I believe.

FACTION95Si
05-08-2003, 09:03 AM
Those wheels are sweet! Big thumbs up!

Is that an SR-71 Blackbird in the background?

BlackNRedSi
05-08-2003, 09:25 AM
NICE! 5points for you!!!!

02SilverSiHB
05-09-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by FACTION95Si
Those wheels are sweet! Big thumbs up!

Is that an SR-71 Blackbird in the background?
yeah, I took the pics while I was on base. It's like the only good background I can find :D