PDA

View Full Version : update on the scratch

l33t
05-07-2003, 08:12 PM
well i said my tranny is free coming in: true, honda is now voiding my transmission warranty, and they are making me pay for a new clutch because they claim i have been hardcore racing my car, which indeed i don't really, i have had the 2nd to 3rd scratch for so long that it wore my clutch down, i have seen so many complaints about the same problem i beleive it should be a recall not driver error, because i am not a bad driver and maybe push my car one night a week if even that and not for very long at all

David K.
05-07-2003, 08:24 PM
My car is in the shop right now for the same problem; I hope they don't try this with me. Don't just accept it and feel powerless, fight them to show proof that you abuse your car (they can't), then direct them to ephatch so they can see that others also are experiencing the same probs.

Just curious, how many miles are on your car?

l33t
05-07-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by David K.
My car is in the shop right now for the same problem; I hope they don't try this with me. Don't just accept it and feel powerless, fight them to show proof that you abuse your car (they can't), then direct them to ephatch so they can see that others also are experiencing the same probs.

Just curious, how many miles are on your car?

right around 8000

IceD out N CALI
05-07-2003, 10:46 PM
dang that sucks. i agree with the above, dont let them dick ya over on the clutch. i can see maybe 20k or so but with only 8k they shouldnt do that to u even if they "suspect" u have raced

HokieSi
05-08-2003, 03:44 AM
Make sure you guys are resetting the ecu before you take it back otherwise they may be able to keep track of things such as what your top speed has been and how many times you have hit the rev limiter.

fsugatorbait
05-08-2003, 08:43 AM
Dont quote me on this, but I thought I remembered reading that even after you reset our ECU, Honda can still tell how hard we drive. Anyone care to add to this?

King Kang
05-08-2003, 08:48 AM
I got a friend at a dealership whose a mechanic at a dealership...I'll ask him to get the info from one of the Acura techs.

cbecker333
05-08-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by HokieSi
Make sure you guys are resetting the ecu before you take it back otherwise they may be able to keep track of things such as what your top speed has been and how many times you have hit the rev limiter.

From what I know, this is not true - just paranoia. The ECU tracks driving info like speed and other info, YES, BUT it only tracks the info for a few seconds in case there is a crash and the data could help determine what happened in the moments before the crash.

todaCspec
05-08-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by cbecker333

From what I know, this is not true - just paranoia. The ECU tracks driving info like speed and other info, YES, BUT it only tracks the info for a few seconds in case there is a crash and the data could help determine what happened in the moments before the crash.

kind of like a black box,scary!

l33t
05-08-2003, 08:27 PM
head dude at honda told me when he test drove my car, ecu tracks everything, even how many scratchs you have, miss shifts, i personally think it is bs honda said that i am racing my car as hard as they said i do

cbecker333
05-08-2003, 08:46 PM
whatever dude, sounds like some bogus scare tactics to me. Pretty unprofessional. It doesn't suprise me, my dealer lied to me about a lot of stuff.

IceD out N CALI
05-08-2003, 08:48 PM
tell him to prove it;)

l33t
05-08-2003, 09:30 PM
Subaru had better service then this, honda shouldn't expect me to buy a new car from them again

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
05-09-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Mudokon
Subaru had better service then this, honda shouldn't expect me to buy a new car from them again

If you let them walk all over you, of course they will.
Stand up for yourself and take it up with Honda.
Some dealerships are better than others.
As a whole Honda service is MUCH better than alot of other car makers out there.
Nissan, for instance- THEY ARE HORRIBLE!
They pulled the same shit w/ me in my first new car, a 95' Altima.
Went in w/ a slipping clutch @ 5k miles, they told me they would take it apart and if it was found to be defective, replacement would be free, otherwise they would be charging me.
I said "BULLSHIT!"...this car is 2 months old, you WILL replace it FREE of charge.
I guess i can be intimidating because they changed it for free.
And the replacement lasted 50k miles and was still fine when i traded it in on my next car a couple years later (96' Civic).