PDA

View Full Version : Disable hatch lock?

greenguy
08-09-2002, 06:30 PM
To prevent thieves from just unlocking my hatch and haveing thier way with my bass box. amps etc.. I want to make em work for it. So Any ideas? Is it cable? electric?
Thanks a bunch:D

chunky
08-10-2002, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by greenguy
To prevent thieves from just unlocking my hatch and haveing thier way with my bass box. amps etc.. I want to make em work for it. So Any ideas? Is it cable? electric?
Thanks a bunch:D

they'd just fold your seats down then.

i've noticed that you can't secure the hatch down like you can with the trunk in most coupes. in most coupes, you can lock the trunk release, and lock the seatbacks. unfortunately, you can do neither on a hatch. and it doesn't make sense to anyhow since the hatch cover is not exactly hard to get past.

greenguy
08-10-2002, 08:11 PM
I figure my worst chance to get robbed is at a public place (parking lot) as I have secure parking at work and I park in a garage at home. If they have to spend precious time pulling a 50lb. box and getting the amps out while crawling around, just might save my shit. Any thing to slow them down:D

Silver '02 Si
08-13-2002, 09:05 PM
i think you would have to disable the power trunk lock, this would not be advised as you would need to cut FACTORY wiring...not sure though, just a thought...why not just permanently mount your enclosure to the vehicle and mount amp(s) out of sight securely...;)

greenguy
08-19-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Silver '02 Si
i think you would have to disable the power trunk lock, this would not be advised as you would need to cut FACTORY wiring...not sure though, just a thought...why not just permanently mount your enclosure to the vehicle and mount amp(s) out of sight securely...;)

In the trunk, the only thing covering our spare is a piece of particle board, then the carpet. Permenatley mounting the box to the actual body is not advised if you need to get to your spare tire.:( A simple switch @ the location of the lock on the hood will do the trick. Now its just time to start tinkering.

SpeedRacer
08-22-2002, 05:14 PM
my amp is hidden under the passanger seat

greenguy
08-25-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by SpeedRacer
my amp is hidden under the passanger seat

In my last car thats where I had both amps, what sucked was whenever I had people in the back seat, thier feet would either kick the amps or rest on them.
I dont have a problem with this mind you, I just want to make it difficult for thieves to take my stuff. Time wont be on thier side:D .
Oh ya, back up battery for the alarm helps also. No just pull negative line off battery, and no alarm.<--------- If the locks are electric, when they do disconnect the battery, will the locks still work? Hmmmmm. They just might screw themselves. BASTARDS!!!