PDA

View Full Version : pedel vibration after 17" rim swap

SeatownEP02
05-07-2003, 09:09 PM
after i got my new rims my pedel starts to vibrate at high speeds. i was just wondering if this is normal or not. tire size is 215/45/17
thanks

SHAKEnBAKE
05-07-2003, 09:13 PM
Did you align them(stupid ques. but hav to ask)? Which pedal? Did you use hub centric rings?

SeatownEP02
05-07-2003, 09:28 PM
havent got align yet. the accelerator petal
and uhhh...heh wats the hub sentric ring??

SHAKEnBAKE
05-07-2003, 09:49 PM
It's a device that is used when you install the wheels so it's perfectly aligned with the wheel hub.
Oh, and check the torque on the lug nuts.

Tenacious G
05-08-2003, 11:00 AM
more importantly, were they balanced before you put them on?

SeatownEP02
05-08-2003, 10:31 PM
i just went back to the place where i got the wheel swaped (midas) and they said it wasnt the lug nuts..they said it might be the problem with the balance. i got the rims at Wheelmax.com already mounted and balanced delivered to me...ill get an alignment this weekend to c if thats the problem

thanks for replying

02TafWhtSi
05-16-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by SeatownEP02
i just went back to the place where i got the wheel swaped (midas) and they said it wasnt the lug nuts..they said it might be the problem with the balance. i got the rims at Wheelmax.com already mounted and balanced delivered to me...ill get an alignment this weekend to c if thats the problem

thanks for replying

any update? I have some steering wheel vibration with my new 17's and was curious if you had yours re-balanced.

3rdhatch
05-16-2003, 04:25 PM
I work at a wheel and tire/performance shop and for the most part wheels that fit our cars won't need hub centric rings. People that bring us wheels that have been mounted and balanced by Wheelmax are usually out of wack. Try and get them rebalanced. When they are rebalancing them see if they will let you watch. Then watch the top of the tire (not the wheel) if it moves up and down that is your problem. Sounds complicated but its really not. If you have any questions write back. Hope this helps.

chet
05-16-2003, 04:41 PM
I won't swear to it, but I would be careful of wheelmax. I have heard hardly anything positive about their tire/wheels sets. Only their prices are impressive. Just what I have heard though. Don't the hubcentric rings take a lot of the pressure off of the lugs and back into the wheel so to speak? Just wondering, they're new to me too.

SeatownEP02
05-17-2003, 12:31 AM
yup thats wat the ppl at honda told me when i got my aligment...needs rebalance

Dunrick
05-17-2003, 08:53 AM
Dealerships will always tell you something is wrong --- I got my wheels from wheelmax and they are fine....that doesn't mean they can fuckup once in a while - have you tried to call wheelmax? They might refund your payment to get them balanced at some shop - they should atleast.

-Thats cool that your "sittin pretty" Nobody else I know in the NW has rims on their eggs

Off Topic: Check the PNW forum...autox this sunday