PDA

View Full Version : 03 EP3 Si owners!!

the JigGa mAn
05-07-2003, 10:46 PM
im getting my 03 nighthawk black Si at the end of this month as a graduation gift...and i was wondering what some of you guys with 03 Si's paid...(IL owners let me know how much and what dealer)

Mugen_EP
05-07-2003, 10:59 PM
it's been discused many times.....

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6413&highlight=car+prices+deal

abc_kid
05-07-2003, 11:48 PM
Paid $17,300 for an 03 Nighthawk Black Si with foglights and floormats last week.

03hatch
05-08-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by abc_kid
Paid $17,300 for an 03 Nighthawk Black Si with foglights and floormats last week.

wow...should have got my ep later..go mines like 4 months ago for $19g with no fog and no floormats..suck i know haha

jdmpwr
05-08-2003, 06:43 AM
$16,400 for my 03 si in white in Orland Park, IL. I e-mailed them and they low balled my because they think you are shopping around for the best price so e-mail then!!!! My guy works there and he told me to do that and that's how you get the best price out of them without the hassle. www.communityhonda.com.

Tekdemon
05-08-2003, 07:24 AM
Just go in there, tell them you'll pay them $16,200(tell the manager really) INCLUDING destination, they'll weasel and say they can't do it, blah blah blah, tell them ok, whatever, I'm gonna leave, but if you decide you wanna sell it to me at $16,200, here's my cell phone #(or home phone if you don't own a cell).

Then leave.

As you're leaving, they'll tell you to come back so they can work something out...insist on the price, and soon you will own a new 03 Si for $16,200.

Yep

2k3BlackSI
05-08-2003, 09:07 AM
I bought her 3 weeks ago in Minneapolis for 16,800 with Floor mats which were normally 120 or so.. I also got the Rust Proofing and Interior protection package..

The KICKER, I traded in my Ford Countour SE(Yes, desperation purchase never liked the car at all)

I know it's usually B.S but when they tell you they are gonna warranty the paint for 10 years it's piece of mind that I purchased... They protect interior wear and tear as well which I had never really heard of before....

I need to lower her and get some new rims, I think I can lower it first and then go for the tires because I don't want that GAP with 17's on it..

jaydub
05-08-2003, 09:56 AM
One thing I learned the hard way:

Keep in mind that it is 100% absolutely, positively ILLEGAL for them to offer you financing contingent on purchasing an extended warranty, paint packages, or interior protection packages. If they do so, leave and call the Attorney General. I am dead serious. :)

andy
05-08-2003, 10:19 AM
I've been talking to a dealer about picking up an Si,
and we're negotiating at about $17K (i.e. 16,995) right
about now. I think the $16,200 sounds a lot better,
though! :)

2k3BlackSI
05-08-2003, 02:05 PM
I knew that but I wanted the extra bumper to bumper warranty..

padelong si
05-08-2003, 02:30 PM
I paid 16,800.00 for a black 2002 si in january because it was a left over and had to be sold.:)

ATRIOT
05-08-2003, 03:34 PM
$15400 for mine, it was a 2002 demo with 2500km on the clock, got them to throw in the mud flaps, mats, alarm and locking wheel nuts

siver-SI
05-08-2003, 03:47 PM
I got 5G's off my sticker at Crystal Lake Honda. Right now they have a silver, white, and black one is stock. If you want to contact them I know the guy to talk too.

SpoonK20
05-08-2003, 04:00 PM
It doesn't matter wat they offer...they could offer 13k if they want to...its wat the final outcome is....the only way u know how much u got the car for is if u pay straight up cash. If u financed it then i hope u guys know how to add everything up before u think u know wat price u really got it at...i used to work as a dealer and dealt with finances...lots of tricks...ive seen all kinds of ppl get ripped and not even know it...so....good luck...

midas
05-08-2003, 10:39 PM
dont kill your self worrying what others paid..i'm sure people are leaving off tax, destination etc. and it is so geographically dependent. so dont worry what someone in bumfuk idaho paid..just enjoy your ep.

i'm ready for the flames fromm idaho ep drivers and heres some fuel for you..i live in sanfrancisco ;)

blueiedgod
05-09-2003, 02:22 PM
dealers do have some tactics, and if you are the first time buyer have someone who bought a few times before go with you. you may get this reat price on the car after two hours of negotiations with the sales person, only to be taken for a ride by the finance manager who would only "approve" you for 16% apr. when going to the dealer be prepared with a pre-approval form your bank or credit union. have an idea what others have paid for the car in the area.
I think the Si's popularity picked up in the recent months. I am seeing them on a semi-weekly basis, whereas before i would see one a month.

anyway, i doubt there are deals out there on the Si's like there were this past winter. I got a 2002 (with 8 miles on the odo) in january for $14,500, plus title, licence and taxes came out to $15,500 financed at 1.9% through honda. that is in the northeast, during one of the snowiest winters. as a rule of thumb, get a sports car in winter, get a 4WD in the summer.

best way to negotiate a good price is to e-mail all the dealers in the radius you are willing to travel. then narrow it down, until you get the lowest price. also, check out www.carsdirect.com they are a good indicator of what the prices are in your area. if you don't feel like spending hours and hours negotiating, www.carsdirect.com is the best thing after saturn in hassle free car buying.
I was able to get a better price than costco's auto referral, and carsdirect.com on my own, but they were helpful in establishin a base line though.
good luck

NemesisITR
05-09-2003, 07:46 PM
I paid 14,995 for my 02.......then they blew it up..........so they gave me an 03 even swap........so I paid 14995 for the car with floor mats, tint, extended warranty, alarm, 1.9% finance = 16,261 for the blue 03:D

siver-SI
05-09-2003, 07:51 PM
Ok I have to ask how did they blow it up?

NemesisITR
05-09-2003, 07:59 PM
some how the oil filter came loose or something........anyways they caused it and my car blew up on the highway:o

SpoonK20
05-09-2003, 10:15 PM
ppl here who said they got the car for 15k or so...just being nosy...wats ur monthly payment and how many months and wats was ur money down?

Monthy payment x months=? then + down payment= total

Add that and see if it make sense...be honest...cause ur only cheat urself..

Reason im asking this is cause msrp and invoice of honda cars are not that far apart. So i really don't see getting that car for that price and no dealer will give up a new car to lose money...they need to survive too....

siver-SI
05-10-2003, 07:08 AM
That is why I said I get $5000 off because I will be honest when I got the car it had the windows all ready tinted, mud flaps, wind gard for the moon roof, and fog lights. The car was stickered at $22,250 and I got it down to just about $17,250. Mine was also a 02 model that I got 2 months ago so I was able to deal more on it. I know I got close to cost because when I stated with the car it was sticked at $24,500 because it had some 17" tires and rims on it that I did not like and I would not get the OEM tires. So when we get dealing and I worked out my payment were I wanted it they stated they would need to take off the rims. Well when they stated that I worked off so more money off the car but I know I was getting close to cost of the car to them but they still did make some money off it it. I do not know how much it cost them to have the tint on the car to be ordered with the car from honda but the other options is about $400-$500 at dealer cost at most when you figure in their install time and parts. I bet they made about anywere from $500-$1000 on the car still.

blueiedgod
05-11-2003, 05:46 AM
I financed $15,490 for 60 months with 1.9%APR. my payments are $271 for 60 months, no money down, and I have a credit score of 690 (not too high but now too low)=16260.

SpoonK20
05-11-2003, 08:19 PM
siver-SI
Sorry, i wasn't trying to single u out, i just meant ppl in general.

blueiedgod

$15490?? is that including tax? was ur car brand new?

blueiedgod
05-12-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by SpoonK20
siver-SI
Sorry, i wasn't trying to single u out, i just meant ppl in general.

blueiedgod

$15490?? is that including tax? was ur car brand new?

Please read my previous post, yes the price of the car was $14,500, plus CT 6% tax, Title, and CT mandatory dealer conveyance fee. I paid registration out of pocket. All in all it took almost 3 weeks from the day I sent out first e-mail to the day I took her home.

Please remember that was in January of this year, this is a 2002 (brand new, with 8 miles), and we had a couple of feet of snow on the ground. They would have sold an S2000 for $28K with change. It is all a matter of timing. Right now is not a good time to buy, because, the rich kids are getting them as graduation presents. And when you have parents who buy you a car, they don't see the need to negotiate too much off the $19K sticker as it is chump change for them to spend on their precious.

I was looking at TSX's they are going for $27K sticker. But you can get a TL or CL for alittle over $24K right now. Reason, they are not as hot as TSX at this moment in time. This fall, the new TL will demand premium, but right now, you can have an over $30K Acura flagship for under $25K.
Good luck
Dave