PDA

View Full Version : Honda, my car has a problem. Please help before I head to dealer...

streaker666
05-09-2003, 06:41 PM
Ok, my car has about 1000km (600 miles) on it and I've recently noticed a problem when I was getting out of a parking lot and wondering if anyone here has heard the same noise. (note: it's not always anyone will be in this situation...can only be heard with windows close and radio off.)

Here is the situation where the noise comes in:

I was coming out of a parking spot two weeks ago, so I went in first gear and rolling out then this idiotic lady from another spot jumps out. I depress my clutch while still in first gear (around 1500 to 2000 rpms) then comes this strange sound (from either clutch or transmission, likely the clutch but maybe I'm wrong). It sounds like 'kle kle kle kle'...as the engine slows back down to an idle. Then I went on to try this again on an empty parking lot, and again the sound comes up...this happens in 1st gear, and even in 2nd on the odd occasion. Does anyone know?

I haven't pushed the car hard once yet, and have been breaking it in properly (engine, clutch, brakes, and tranny)...it's been babied all along. Can anyone please help? I need to know before I head to the dealer and make my case...

JSIR
05-09-2003, 07:32 PM
well since you mention parking lot speeds, I had my driver side strut/spring assembly replaced which was making clunking noises in parking situations, they lubed it first and the noise stopped but eventually came back so they replaced the assembly. It has been common in some SiR's. I think it is the same thing as you describe, hard to say unless we hear it though.

Joey

streaker666
05-09-2003, 07:45 PM
I understand that it's hard to describe/imagine...but it's more like a scratching sound...