PDA

View Full Version : Home made Red "H" Center Caps Completed ....

JSIR
05-09-2003, 07:26 PM
Well for anyone following my last post, I got the clear center caps in today from my dealer and proceeded to paint the "H"'s red. It was pretty easy to do, about an hours worth of work and got two coats of red on the center caps. Tomorrow I'm gonna spray them with some clear coat and they should be all done and ready for install. It is kinda picky work, but not that hard. You don't have to be too precise with the paint application, once you get a good coat of paint on the caps you just scrape off the excess paint from around the edges. Approximate cost is $55 Canadian, which is about $35 US for all four caps and paint not a bad deal. I like em.

here is a pic of the finished product, follow the link.

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b33e2b3825c0

If anyone needs info on them shoot me a message.

Joey

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
05-09-2003, 07:57 PM
Nice, if someone sends me a stock centercap i could probably cut these out in vinyl.
Nah, everyone would f' up the install and then blame me...lol.

JSIR
05-09-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
Nice, if someone sends me a stock centercap i could probably cut these out in vinyl.
Nah, everyone would f' up the install and then blame me...lol.

I'm using the clear engraved "H" center caps that are used on the US Civic EX or Canadian Civic Si, the lettering is engraved into the cap, a vinyl decal would work nicely if you could match it up and it would recess into the letter. But yeah we would mess up it up more than likely. :D

golferjn
05-09-2003, 08:19 PM
nice

SiR_d1
05-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Looks sweet. I want to put those on my 00' SiR rims

ep pilot
05-09-2003, 11:40 PM
I think the nicest and most user-friendly centercap for us to use, although I have not researched fittment yet. But the '96/'97 Accord (EX) wheel, the cap came with a gray finish that would match or stock wheels, rhe "H" is just the "H" without the ugly ring around it like the hood emblem and is in-set so it would be cake to paint it. I called the dealer for the caps and they go for $25 each, I might let this be my last mod since the price is so steep. jumk yards useually wont part from these, as they would want to sell them w/ the wheels;)

-Ryan

JSIR
05-10-2003, 09:05 AM
I am not sure about fitment between other honda models and wheels, something you'd have to check, I do know there are various sizes of center caps between Honda models.

The best part of these caps is they are the cheapest costing center caps Honda makes, about 1/3rd the price of other caps. These caps have the ring around the H similar to our stock caps as well, but I'm leaving that clear, so it won't show up.

JSIR
05-10-2003, 05:54 PM
I just shot the caps with a couple coats of clearcoat spray, and the damn things look sweet as ever. The look like an original part from Honda at a fraction of the cost. I'm now installing them on the wheels. I'm impressed how well they turned out, hundred times better than the stockers, the red is nice and bright and a bit of shine with the clearcoat. They add a nice touch to our bland wheels. I'm pretty much stuck with keeping the stock rims as I won't be spending money on aftermarket rims, so this is the best way I can see improving the stockers to stand out a bit.