PDA

View Full Version : My Ep violated twice this past week.....

ep pilot
05-09-2003, 11:14 PM
My Ep has been violated twice this week and I'm getting pissed! I just got back from a GTG w/ a few fellow RSX'ers and when I was there, I noticed that my left front fender had a big a#@ dent around the side marker lamps. I adjusted my eyes in disbelief then kept getting closer, being that I noticed it by subtly glancing at my car from about 50 feet or so. After the meet, I drove over to my parents house, as thats where all my tools are and immediately disassembled the splash shield, thus popping out the lamp-housing. I get it out and there are pry marks all over the back of the housing, and paint peeling back from the fender in the hole. I was able to take a screwdriver and pry gently on the area, and to my surprise I pulled 99.9% of the distortion out and cant tell it was ever damaged, luckily the housing covers the area that has the most damage and peeling paint now:'( :( I am almost positive it happened in my apartment complex, because my car is in plain view from my office at work.

Second event this week, I go out to lunch, stop at this dive deli in kind of a bad neighborhood. The parking is tight and insufficient for most cars, and large trucks and SUV's are taking much of the available slots. I manage a "compact" spot right in the front, I figure vulnerable (YES) within my swing range? also a plus! well it takes like 30 minutes to get my food and in that time some three cars pulled in and out of those slots. I then see a early run-down bronze colored Mercury Cougar trying to wedge his car in between mine and an Expedition, of course he leaves about three feet on the side with the SUV, and gets about six inches to my door. He managed to hold the door getting out, then went next door to the liquor barn, comes out hands full and kicks the door open with his leg:mad: :'( The door literally bounces off my car and I watched my poor Ep shake from the force of the door swinging open. I get bright red:mad: :mad: ready to explode, then realized A) This guy is three times my size & doesn't give a poop what I think about his door on my Ep B) I work for a body shop, don't sweat it I will have the ding fixed anyway. I let them drive away and ran over to look at my injured car and to my surprise all it left was chalked (Bondo) from the Cougar on my silver finish, went back to work and with a buffer and some compound all of it came off.

Again sorry for the long post, it just seems like our Si's are getting popular and people are starting to want stuff off of them, people please guard your Si with your life, J/K not that far, but you know what I mean;)

-Ryan

IceD out N CALI
05-09-2003, 11:18 PM
that sucks, good thing u didnt confront the door dinger, he'd probably of kicked ur a$$;) j/k

team ERA 5
05-10-2003, 12:26 AM
YEA DINGS i fear thoseee man.....NEVER HAD ONE YET.....knock on wood::: i feel for u man.....I LOVE MY BABY!!!!:)

Makross
05-10-2003, 12:30 AM
hey when yall bought the car did they throw in a free ding remover?? the ding can be only a size of a quarter or smaller to be free?? i just had my car for 4 months and i already have alil ding in my hatch :eek:

Tenacious G
05-12-2003, 08:23 AM
man, my EP got three door dings within the first month of ownership. two of them are from the small parking spaces where i work. i should quit my job just because of that.

Si02
05-12-2003, 10:07 AM
I'm lucky so far I haven't gotten any dings. I park away from everybody when I got anywhere and I have a driveway. If I seen someone do something to my baby I dont care how big the bitch is his insurance company would be paying for my shit!!!!

LazyAzzAzian
05-12-2003, 12:54 PM
dude i feel you, got a huge ass dent on my hood, and another dent on my roof...all in one night and i dont even know how i got there...

codepig
05-12-2003, 03:47 PM
I got a ding on my passenger side about a month after my purchase. It came in the same mall parking lot where my brother's car got an intentional ding (you could tell by the placement) and it's badge stolen.

Needless to say, I hate that mall

blackyEP3
05-12-2003, 04:04 PM
The first weekend I was out with my EP3, I went to meet up with some friends for lunch, I pull into a spot that is not close to anything thinking that no one would part beside me. As I was about to get out of my car, some 40 yr old ish old man pulls up in his puss up low rent sh*t a$$ Sunfire, opens his car door on my car then proceeds to go to the store as if nothing happens. I was sitting in the damn car god damnit!

I wait for the mofo to come out, as he was getting back into his car, I stand there, told him that he just hit my brand new car and there was a dent now. If he had apologized, I would of just said screw it and let him go, but then he was like. I did?? That just got me more mad. I am not an overwhelming guy (5"9 130 lb China man) but at this point, I was going to bust some a$$ regardless!

To make a long story short, I gave him a 1/2 hr lecture about respect of other people's property with excessive use of the F word. If I wasn't in the car, I can't do much, but then since I was, I made him pay. I got 50 bones out of him. I'd ask for more but the dent was very minimal. (he didn't have to pay me shit but he did anyways) After everything is said and done, my day's expenses were paid for and I managed to buff out the scratch!

cj miller
05-12-2003, 04:38 PM
ive got 2 chucks out of my EP hood:( i think someone did it to me and ive gotten over becuase i will get a CF hood anyway. seems everyone pays a little price for what we got and now the "mass" wants:D

fyzm7357
05-12-2003, 05:12 PM
I got my first ding this past weekend....my girlfriend noticed it on the passenger-side door...not very big, but enough to piss me off....worst thing is that I don't even know where it came from....

cbecker333
05-12-2003, 05:58 PM
It was definitely intentional, looked like someone had keyed it but luckily it was not quite vicious enough to require more than a quick buff at the body shop. $40 for a brand new car again...2 weeks after I bought it:rolleyes:

ep pilot
05-12-2003, 07:21 PM
I

513n179
05-12-2003, 10:32 PM
i've had a couple incidents this past week, but nothing like yours...

some lady got her backpack stuck on my mirror and set my alarm off. she said she was sorry, but i was still pissed. i did discover that my mirrors fold...

and today i was at the store buying gatorade for my workout, i came back to my car and some crack whore parked her hooptie with it's front bumper like less than a foot away from my fender... i was hoping that the dude in the car wasn't going to get out, cause he woulda hit my door... i noticed he had a box of chinese food on his lap and dude was grubbing on that shit and he was wearing glasses that look like the mc hammer used to wear...

cbecker333
05-13-2003, 06:22 AM
well since you mentioned it...the same thing happened to me, but worse. My first week with the car, went up to Northwestern to visit some friends, parked my shit in the biggest lot on campus and what did some shithead do? Parked with their bumper ON mine - not just close, but the license frames were touching and when I backed up, the other car's license frame was busted. Mine was ok :) - lucky for the sonofabitch who did that

Marcivi
05-13-2003, 08:20 AM
My courtesy door ding from an anonymous jack-ass is on my drivers side right above my i-VTEC decal. It's deep too. Someone either very fat or very stupid...or hell, both opened thier door into my black beauty. Not sure what it would cost to get it fixed though. I also have the ass load (Metric) of chips in my hood from this past winter.

My_Blk_Si
05-13-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Marcivi
My courtesy door ding from an anonymous jack-ass is on my drivers side right above my i-VTEC decal. It's deep too. Someone either very fat or very stupid...or hell, both opened thier door into my black beauty. Not sure what it would cost to get it fixed though. I also have the ass load (Metric) of chips in my hood from this past winter.

I have a dent in the same exact spot... it runs from a little lower than the window to above the i-vtec sticker... it's long and skinny so I figure it was a door but i have no idea how it got there...

i was soooo pissed off...:mad: thank god my girlfriend's dad owns a body shop...:D

minimay7
05-13-2003, 03:59 PM
I parked my Torokun (name of my EP) infront of this tanning shop to go to the restaurant upstairs... and I found out some one scratched the left side of the rear bumper alon gwith craking the side marker light. It is my fault for parking the car at a place where most of parking people are girls. I really don't mean to start the battle of the sexes issue here. But, girls who come to get tanned during lunch hour are... I don't know... somewhat less caring about cars? Anyways... I am sad. But, learn from my mistake. When you park, look around and see if you are aprking in front of hair salon or nail polishing places or thing slike that...

cbecker333
05-13-2003, 04:49 PM
mwah...hah..haaah....the MYSTERIOUS Double Post strikes again!

gito
05-13-2003, 07:00 PM
Hey guys I haven't got any door-dings yet; lucky me, but If you want to avoid them what's the best way to prevent this horrible thing that happen to our delicate doors? Can you get some kind of plastic rub strip like some cars have along the side of the car? I don't want some tacky PepBoys rubber bumper thingy obviously. Has anyone found something that is either made for the Si, or at least looks good or almost invisible on it? Thanks.

minimay7
05-14-2003, 12:10 AM
Here is my left rear bumper being scratched.

Don't park infront of tanning salons where those ladies rush in to get tanned during their lunch time.:mad:

StrangeShadow
05-14-2003, 01:11 AM
. I am not an overwhelming guy (5"9 130 lb China man) but at this point, I was going to bust some a$$ regardless!
lol crap those are my stats, use a tireiron/crowbar, it's the only thing us smaller guys can count on haha.:D