PDA

View Full Version : my 2nd time posting this complaint

02SiHB
05-10-2003, 10:28 AM
I thought we were limited to a sig size? 5 lines is more than enough if you aren't hitting the enter key.

Here are some I've found.. Not pointing anyone out on purpose.
It may look like I'm nitpicking, but this is almost as bad as TrippZ posting every 50th time saying "this is my 100/200/250/300th post!"

I just want this to stay a real enthusiast board.. and not something else. And to be honest, I can't take anyone seriously as a tuner that puts "debadged CIVIC" down as a modification.

Example:

-I still leave you on the pavement
Condo paid for, no car payment
At my arraignment. Notorious B.I.G.

-2002 Civic Si
Satin Silver
Side Airbags

Modifications: 15" Honda 6-spoke oem accessory wheels/Pirelli 205/55/r15 tires / S2000 antenna/ oem Mud Guards/ Chrome Accessory "Civic" script license plate frame/ Si floor mats

------------- Again, no disrespect.. And a quote is cool.. But do you have to put that you have side airbags, oem mud guards, and "Chrome Accessory "Civic" script license plate frame/ Si floor mats".... I mean, don't we all have Si mats?

Same with this one:

Upgrades:
Infinity Speekers front and rears
Type R H's and Britsh Flag
PIAA Lights

Next Upgrades:
Head Unit
Carbon Fiber Dash Kit
Air Intake
17" tires and Rims

and this:

Doug Meis
Team Escargot
'67 Honda S800 Vintage race car
'02 Civic Si
- AEM CAI
- Hondata Heatshield
- Progress springs
- 2.25 Midpipe

_______

Does this bother anyone else?

I mean I have 2 hondas, a dodge, about to get another miata, and tons of 1.6 DOHC mazda engines.. but if I put all that the sig would look like this

________
-Jon
-Quakertown, PA
-Team Who gives a f*ck
- Member # 623.4

-02 Civic Si
-Neuspeed short shifter
-spoon this
-spoon that
-spoon air freshener
-Mugen windex cleaner
-OEM seat belts
-Type R shift boot

-02 Civic LX
-Automatic
-Sony Portable CD w/tape player adapter
-OEM airbag
-JDM coffee mug
-"Your honda sucks" bumper sticker

1999 Dodge Van
-JDM DVD player
-teletubbies DVD for kiddies
-JDM baby seat
-OEM plastic chrome trim

-1991 Miata
-OEM Smufy paint
-Miata production # 218723908721 out of 999213943214322343
-Cams
-Rods
-Exhaust
-Intake

-95 del sol - sold
-86 Volvo -sold
-00 Civic Si -sold but because I'm a dumbass I'm gonna tell you the mods to that too!!!
-vortech supercharger
-APC lights
-PIAA HEADLIGHTS
-more useless BS

-98 neon sport -sold
-95 BMW M3 -Sold

Get the point? :confused:

TrippZ
05-10-2003, 10:31 AM
i havent done that thing in a while, you monkey

and i include everything done to the si as mods... ive made that very clear. at least i condense it (lined up, and made smaller font). doesnt bother anyone. it's really just to fulfill my sense of self gratification.

DownTheHatch
05-10-2003, 11:01 AM
As far as I'm concerned, their sig can have whatever they want in it as long as it's within the line limit.

BlackBullet02Si
05-10-2003, 11:18 AM
don't we all have Si mats?

i don't.....:'(

ATRIOT
05-10-2003, 11:41 AM
JDM Coffee MUG !!!! where can i get one of those!? :eek:

ep pilot
05-10-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by 02SiHB

I just want this to stay a real enthusiast board.. and not something else. And to be honest, I can't take anyone seriously as a tuner that puts "debadged CIVIC" down as a modification.

Example:

-I still leave you on the pavement
Condo paid for, no car payment
At my arraignment. Notorious B.I.G.

-2002 Civic Si
Satin Silver
Side Airbags

Modifications: 15" Honda 6-spoke oem accessory wheels/Pirelli 205/55/r15 tires / S2000 antenna/ oem Mud Guards/ Chrome Accessory "Civic" script license plate frame/ Si floor mats

------------- Again, no disrespect.. And a quote is cool.. But do you have to put that you have side airbags, oem mud guards, and "Chrome Accessory "Civic" script license plate frame/ Si floor mats".... I mean, don't we all have Si mats?

I guess you've got nothing else better to complain about ehh?:o Frankly bro, I am not a so called (Tuner) I plan to leave my car as stock as possible, I simply listed in my sig everything that I added at the dealer when I bought the car new, it did not come that way from the factory therefore it is therein a modification to the car.
Im having difficulty taking you serious if you don't even know that the two options available for our car are both Side SRS & yes my 2002 SI came sans the mats;) But I got them at no-charge as part of the closing deal. Namely my sig will help other fellow EpHatchers identify my car if they see me riding around, and possibly say Hello.

-Ryan
Happy Motoring!

ThickMick
05-10-2003, 12:29 PM
"Jon
-Quakertown, PA
-Team Who gives a f*ck
- Member # 623.4

-02 Civic Si
-Neuspeed short shifter
-spoon this
-spoon that
-spoon air freshener
-Mugen windex cleaner
-OEM seat belts
-Type R shift boot"

funny!

Tragedy
05-10-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by ATRIOT
JDM Coffee MUG !!!! where can i get one of those!? :eek:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3222002963&category=4003
:p :p :p

If anybody is interested in Mugen coffee mugs, I can get them easily...

Tekdemon
05-10-2003, 01:36 PM
I like sigs...I actually read what people have...

And about everybody having Si mats, I don't have them...dealer didn't throw it in and salesman told me to go buy some cheap ones at kmart haha...

Right now I'm using ugly ass brick red colored plastic mats from our old 1989 Honda Accord(not even the OEM brick red ones, cheap replacements lol)...looks ugly, doesn't really cover it, so my floor is dirty as hell...

I'm gonna get it all cleaned up and put in Si mats for next year though...damn I'm ghetto =P

02SilverSiHB
05-10-2003, 01:59 PM
I agree 02SiHB. I can't stand it, but it seems it doesn't matter. I can't do anything about it, unless they post in the suspension forum or Texas forum...that's the extent of my controls :(

j spek chucks
05-10-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by BlackBullet02Si

me nither

j spek chucks
05-10-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by ep pilot

I guess you've got nothing else better to complain about ehh?:o Frankly bro, I am not a so called (Tuner) I plan to leave my car as stock as possible, I simply listed in my sig everything that dealer remed me on when I bought the car new, it did not come that way from the factory therefore it is therein a modification and gives my car more horse power. I can run a 16.7 now because of the mud flaps and Chrome Accessory "Civic" script license plate frame it blings all the way down the track.

-Ryan
Happy Motoring!

hahaha:D :D

TEKBRAIN
05-10-2003, 03:19 PM
Don't remove anything in your signatures! Let the thieves do it for you. After all, they know exactly what to steal on your cars...

SHAKEnBAKE
05-10-2003, 03:20 PM
I like what Trippz did to his sig. Small and neat:D

02SiHB
05-10-2003, 07:05 PM
I guess you've got nothing else better to complain about ehh? Frankly bro, I am not a so called (Tuner) I plan to leave my car as stock as possible, I simply listed in my sig everything that I added at the dealer when I bought the car new, it did not come that way from the factory therefore it is therein a modification to the car.

Actually, I don't bother tuning, racing or modifying the Si. I've got better things to tinker with than debadging my car.

I prefer to work on other motors.. I guess to each his own.

Listen fella, all I'm saying is noone give a fuck if you have a s2k antenna..

I'm not going to argue about this. I'm simply stating this site is going downhill..

I don't know Steve. Have never talked to him. But k-series.com is a site for the ep3 worth looking at... But I guess if you're into mudflaps and how-to's on vacuuming your Si mats.. this is the place to be...

Im having difficulty taking you serious if you don't even know that the two options available for our car are both Side SRS & yes my 2002 SI came sans the mats But I got them at no-charge as part of the closing deal. Namely my sig will help other fellow EpHatchers identify my car if they see me riding around, and possibly say Hello.

Surrrrrre, cause people driving by can see your airbags and floormats. :rolleyes: I'm sure many people on the higway have really spotted that!

And as for knowing the "two options available".. I could probably tell you things about the car you had no clue on. But then again, that goes back to looking at what really matters in a car.. Not jaggin'-off to factory options in a brochure you probably yanked from the dealer (you're probably one of those morons that took 5 or 6 to have or put up in your room) or bought of ebay for $.99.

All I'm saying is get real man, oem mud flaps have exactly bullshit to do with being a car enthusiast. (I say that because you, yourself said you weren't a tuner)

02NJHondaep3
05-10-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by BlackBullet02Si

me neither bastards. i bought the showroom model too. I have floormats from my 93 chrysler new yorker. They're a camel type color. I hope i win shows with that.

ep pilot
05-11-2003, 01:36 PM
This is my second time posting this complaint!:'(

................Third time is always a charm;)

-Ryan

02NJHondaep3
05-11-2003, 04:55 PM
this post belongs in the off topic section or the feedback section like every post in this section.

Wade
05-11-2003, 06:52 PM
Well man sometimes people do not really know what is an upgrade or modification, so they put what makes them feel proud of their ep I do not really see enthing wrong with that, your not really forced to read it are you?

cbecker333
05-12-2003, 05:27 AM
First of all, I totally agree that long sigs suck. BUT if you have a reasonable length sig and nothing offensive, is it SOO MUUCH work to just skip over it? thats why the dividing line is there - to make it easier to separate that out while you are reading posts. Its supposed to be a means of free expression, within the 4-line limit and the rules of normal society.

You may have been talking about another sig here, but my "debadged Si" mod is in no way intended to label me a "tuner". Quite the opposite.

[

NO, WE DONT ALL HAVE Si MATS FROM THE DEALER. I HAD TO SAVE UP MONEY FOR MINE. Seriously.

Get the point? :confused:
Pretty sure we all get the point. :*

cbecker333
05-12-2003, 05:38 AM
Listen fella, all I'm saying is noone give a fuck if you have a s2k antenna..
THIS IS ME YELLING:
IF YOU DONT GIVE A FUCK THEN SKIP OVER THE SIGNATURE WHILE YOU ARE READING POSTS.
I mentioned this in my post above but I thought it was worth repeating.

I'm not going to argue about this. I'm simply stating this site is going downhill..

Well thats fine, I will ride it straight to the bottom. Instead of complaining about the site and pissing people off...making the site less readable with more poo..like what I am typing right now - you could be working to make it better.

All I'm saying is get real man, oem mud flaps have exactly bullshit to do with being a car enthusiast.
:* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :*

cbecker333
05-12-2003, 05:44 AM
:* fixed my sig :*

rgGolf4
05-12-2003, 06:25 AM
Why all the hate? We all share the same interest, so whats the deal if people put certain things in their sig. It is theirs to do what they want...within the guidlines.

I find it distrubing when car enthusiasts bash on others for not having all the cool stuff. Sure I'd like new wheels and an exhaust....would you like to pay for it. Its another form of snobbery, and I thought I escaped that when I left the Vortex.

This is a place where Ep owners can get to together and talk about cars...not about sigs. And if my mods aren't enough for you...then tough $hit.

Whoever is modding this forum should delete this thread...its making the site go "downhill".

Chill out and don't read it.

FACTION95Si
05-12-2003, 10:13 AM
Long sigs to me are annoying. I think its taking advantage of the messageboard. Not to mention it probably messes up people's searches.

Tenacious G
05-12-2003, 10:31 AM
at least ephatch isn't littered with pics in people's sigs like some other boards i've been to. those boards take forever to go through because some schmo posted 30 times in one thread with smiley faces and his sig contains some pic of his car. that shit is annoying.

cbecker333
05-12-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by FACTION95Si
Long sigs to me are annoying. I think its taking advantage of the messageboard. Not to mention it probably messes up people's searches.

No, it doesn't - I tried it. The sig gets ignored by the search. Stop bitching and start learning to skip over them with your eyes. Its not taking advantage of anything, it is excercising freedom of speech, which we're all entitled to do.

cbecker333
05-12-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
at least ephatch isn't littered with pics in people's sigs like some other boards i've been to. those boards take forever to go through because some schmo posted 30 times in one thread with smiley faces and his sig contains some pic of his car. that shit is annoying.

I agree, G - it could be much worse and it is on many other boards.

FACTION95Si
05-12-2003, 10:53 AM
I don't want to sound like I'm being mean but what is the point of putting all of that in your sig?

Click here to listen to my newest song!!
2k2 Civic Si - my first honda
AEM CAI, "type R" chromed shift knob, de-badged front "Si"
Civic logo floormats (hell yeah), 16 specs of dirt on the mats, 2 pieces of gravel. Small scratch in the front left fender/upper bumper area. Bird shit in top left corner of windshield. Swiffer dust wipe in my under-console driver-side tray. Reflective windshield thingy for hot, sunny days. Blanket in the trunk, just in case. Wet ones in the glove box. I think thats it.

Who wants to read that every time you post? It's not like a thread. With a thread I have the option of not clicking if I don't want to read it. I'd rather see a picture of your car instead of useless mumbling about dirt specs.

SVTNate
05-12-2003, 11:10 AM
You don't have freedom of speech, moron, this is a privately owned website and you have to follow whatever rules are set by the people who run it.

Apparently you have the freedom to slap ricey fake Type-R shift knobs on your car though, but the rest of us shouldn't have to fucking read about it every time you flap your lips.

It's very, very simple. There is a sig limit, follow it. Don't whine and cry about how you can't fit all your POS rice mods in five lines, because frankly, nobody give a shit.

cbecker333
05-12-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by FACTION95Si
Who wants to read that every time you post? It's not like a thread. With a thread I have the option of not clicking if I don't want to read it. I'd rather see a picture of your car instead of useless mumbling about dirt specs.

I made my sig. like that because when people like 02SIHB and SVTNate make the comments that they do, it serves no purpose but to piss people off. I am returning the favor and making sure they understand the effects their statements have had on me. I'm too much of a moron to know any better. Call me an ass if you want, but don't expect me to act like anything less when you do.

SVTNate
05-12-2003, 11:25 AM
Having a stupid sig that is in violation of the rules is supposed to "make me understand the effect that my statements have had on you"? Do you need a Kleenex?

Dude, it's very very simple. 5 lines. FIVE. Count them. If you have more than FIVE, then you have work to do. Nobody is telling you WHAT you can have in your sig (but if it's gay you're gonna hear about it).... FIVE. FIVE. People need to stop crying, and just follow the rules.

If you don't like what I'm saying, fine. But it's not my rule. It's the rule of this website, which you're using and agreed to follow the rules of when you signed up. Breaking the rules of EP Hatch has nothing to do with me.

cbecker333
05-12-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by SVTNate
Having a stupid sig that is in violation of the rules is supposed to "make me understand the effect that my statements have had on you"? Do you need a Kleenex?
As my fan club grows, I should point out that this post has nothing to do with enthusiasm, and repeated posting on such off-topic issues indicates an affinity for argument and a disregard for the enthusiasm that supposedly brought us to the site.

Dude, it's very very simple. 5 lines. FIVE. Count them. If you have more than FIVE, then you have work to do. Nobody is telling you WHAT you can have in your sig (but if it's gay you're gonna hear about it).... FIVE. FIVE. People need to stop crying, and just follow the rules.

Here's the thing, you hot hunk of man (apparently I'm gay):
My sig. WAS within the allowed limit, and I thought it was pretty fucking reasonable. Then someone (02SiHB) decided they wanted to go and analyze what was wrong with every fucking sig on the whole damn site, including mine. He made the disclaimer that he wasn't jabbing at anybody, but thats a lie - he went and analyzed and judged a whole bunch of people based solely on their sigs. He made clear that he thought sigs within the specified limit should also somehow be limited by unwritten, "everybody-is-a-cool-import-tuner" sig rules. This is why I changed my sig. I call it non-violent activism. Or maybe gayness, yeah thats it.

BlackBullet02Si
05-12-2003, 01:55 PM
2k2 Civic Si - my first honda
AEM CAI, "type R" chromed shift knob, de-badged front "Si"
Civic logo floormats (hell yeah), 16 specs of dirt on the mats, 2 pieces of gravel. Small scratch in the front left fender/upper bumper area. Bird shit in top left corner of windshield. Swiffer dust wipe in my under-console driver-side tray. Reflective windshield thingy for hot, sunny days. Blanket in the trunk, just in case. Wet ones in the glove box. I think thats it.

hahhaahahah:p :D :cool:

whatever the reason, that's fuckin funny. I've got a towel in my hatch just in case too. And daaayum, only 16 specs of dirt, you must hardcore vacuum.

Anyway, this topic has nothing to do with why I come to this site, it's the perfect place for info on a car no one around here as even heard of. (except the ricers who think it's slow...:'( )

IMO If someone took some time or money to do something to their car, however small, then they've got a right to write it down for all to see - just as long as they keep within the rules. Lol just my opinion, don't flame plz :angel: .

I've got OEM mud guards, it's not on my sig, but that was my choice. If someone thinks they're important enough, then what the hell's the problem with skipping over it. Some of you guys seriously need to get laid....:confused:
in your cars :D

~Bryan

02SiHB
05-12-2003, 08:18 PM
cbecker333, the truth finally shows itself. You're upset because I snagged your sig out of many others. What a whiny bitch.

Yeah there are people with sigs longer than 5 lines.. for example.. Port. Yeah he's got more than 5 lines, but he also has a bad ass setup. You don't.

cbecker333
05-12-2003, 08:27 PM
For the record...you started a thread 'my second time posting on this complaint'...so when you do it, its "complaining", when I argue with that, it is whiny bitching.

:* :* :* :* :* :* :* :*
These chicks are in my fan club. Wanna join?

ep pilot
05-13-2003, 12:05 AM
Q: What's a good project for introducing a young beginner to woodworking?

A: (from Bruce Johnson, Ask DIY Woodworking expert) An ordinary birdhouse is easy to build. This is a perfect project for a beginner since it can be built from recycled lumber, and because the construction doesn't have to be exact. A project like this is a good start for a youngster interested in woodworking since it is not too demanding or difficult.

In our demonstration, recycled pine boards (figure A) from an old barn were used to create a birdhouse with a rustic look, and to do so at practically no expense.

Materials:

Recycled or scrap lumber, cut to size
Hammer and nails, or air-powered nail gun
Cordless drill with screwdriver attachment
Wood screws

Safety Alert: Always wear safety glasses to protect your eyes when working with wood and with power tools.

Safety Alert: Power tools should never be used by young woodworkers except with close adult supervision.

Note: Except for the diameter of the entry hole, the dimensions for a birdhouse are not critical. Our boards were precut to size. Some of the dimensions for the boards used in our demonstration are included in the steps below. Yours won't necessarily need to follow these dimensions exactly.

Steps:

We began with a backboard that was about 18 inches in length, to which two shorter boards were attached (figure B). The tops of the side boards were cut at an angle so that the roof would angle downward allowing rainwater to drain off.

The two identically cut side-pieces were attached to the back board using an air-powered nail gun (figure C). The board could also be attached using a hammer and nails. Three nails were used to attach each of the two side-pieces.

After the two sides have been attached, use the same technique to attach the bottom using two nails to secure each side to the bottom piece.

With the back, sides and bottom all attached (figure D), the next step is to install the roof. The roof piece should be slightly wider than the body of the birdhouse (figure E) to offer adequate protection against rain. The roof is attached to the slanted side-pieces using two nails per side.

The final element for the birdhouse is the front with the circular entry door. The size of the circular door is important. An opening of 1-1/2 inch in diameter (figure F) is large enough for bluebirds, finches and other smaller songbirds, while being small enough to keep starlings from entering or nesting in the box.

In our demonstration, the front piece was installed using only two screws connecting it to the sides of the structure, near the top. In that way, the front can be flipped open for cleaning out the birdhouse between nesting seasons. A pilot holes was drilled in each of the sides (figure G) -- each at the same height.

Install a single screw in each of the two pilot holes (figure H and I), resulting in a "hinged" front that can swing open (figure J) for cleaning.

Finally, install a single securing nail at the bottom of one side (figure K), extending into the swinging door. Attach the nail loosely in a pre-drilled hole to serve as a latch to keep the front piece secure while it's closed.

I hope you find this more usefull, it's a great project for someone like yourself whom otherwise has proven to have quite some free time to kill.

;) -Ryan

ATRIOT
05-13-2003, 10:46 AM
You guys are getting way too worked up about something which is really not important. Somebody should lock this thread and end the infighting and whining.

cbecker333
05-13-2003, 12:49 PM
I'm just here to pass out TACO:*FLAVORED:*KIIIISES!!!

ep pilot
05-14-2003, 12:02 AM
It's all fun 'N Games, No harm No Foul.....

Wooot Wooot Updated my new Sig!;)

poppasp1ce
05-14-2003, 01:35 AM
here is the solution to all your problems...goto the user control panel and turn off sigs.

midas
05-27-2003, 12:41 AM
i'm more tired of reading complaints about sigs than seeing funny or dicriculously long sigs.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

TravisEP3
05-27-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by ep pilot
Q: What's a good project for introducing a young beginner to woodworking?

A: (from Bruce Johnson, Ask DIY Woodworking expert) An ordinary birdhouse is easy to build. This is a perfect project for a beginner since it can be built from recycled lumber, and because the construction doesn't have to be exact. A project like this is a good start for a youngster interested in woodworking since it is not too demanding or difficult.

In our demonstration, recycled pine boards (figure A) from an old barn were used to create a birdhouse with a rustic look, and to do so at practically no expense.

Materials:

Recycled or scrap lumber, cut to size
Hammer and nails, or air-powered nail gun
Cordless drill with screwdriver attachment
Wood screws

Safety Alert: Always wear safety glasses to protect your eyes when working with wood and with power tools.

Safety Alert: Power tools should never be used by young woodworkers except with close adult supervision.

Note: Except for the diameter of the entry hole, the dimensions for a birdhouse are not critical. Our boards were precut to size. Some of the dimensions for the boards used in our demonstration are included in the steps below. Yours won't necessarily need to follow these dimensions exactly.

Steps:

We began with a backboard that was about 18 inches in length, to which two shorter boards were attached (figure B). The tops of the side boards were cut at an angle so that the roof would angle downward allowing rainwater to drain off.

The two identically cut side-pieces were attached to the back board using an air-powered nail gun (figure C). The board could also be attached using a hammer and nails. Three nails were used to attach each of the two side-pieces.

After the two sides have been attached, use the same technique to attach the bottom using two nails to secure each side to the bottom piece.

With the back, sides and bottom all attached (figure D), the next step is to install the roof. The roof piece should be slightly wider than the body of the birdhouse (figure E) to offer adequate protection against rain. The roof is attached to the slanted side-pieces using two nails per side.

The final element for the birdhouse is the front with the circular entry door. The size of the circular door is important. An opening of 1-1/2 inch in diameter (figure F) is large enough for bluebirds, finches and other smaller songbirds, while being small enough to keep starlings from entering or nesting in the box.

In our demonstration, the front piece was installed using only two screws connecting it to the sides of the structure, near the top. In that way, the front can be flipped open for cleaning out the birdhouse between nesting seasons. A pilot holes was drilled in each of the sides (figure G) -- each at the same height.

Install a single screw in each of the two pilot holes (figure H and I), resulting in a "hinged" front that can swing open (figure J) for cleaning.

Finally, install a single securing nail at the bottom of one side (figure K), extending into the swinging door. Attach the nail loosely in a pre-drilled hole to serve as a latch to keep the front piece secure while it's closed.

I hope you find this more usefull, it's a great project for someone like yourself whom otherwise has proven to have quite some free time to kill.

;) -Ryan

Huh? I'm reading a heated discussion and then all of a sudden this.. Leaves me w/ a wtf feeling in my throat and I totally forgot what this thread was about.

My .02 on the topic.. I like my stuff. I dont want it stolen. I took my stuff out of my sig. I dont care what other people have because I have a wheel in my mouse that skips right over that stuff. Simple enough. A slight turn of my mouse and woosh the sigs go up the page. Good finger exercise too ;)