PDA

View Full Version : West Wings ctr type wing

SpUD
05-10-2003, 06:56 PM
wings west have a wing that look exactly like the ctr type r wing that fit the usdm si..... the only problem i have is the ugly looking west wing logo at the sides of the wing.
http://www.wingswest.com/product_images/1775/2098_l.jpg
i dont know about the rest of u... but i think that make it look ugly..... and it cost 269$
I think i might just buy a replica and go through the trouble of mod the thing to fit our cars...... but im too lazy... lolz...

what do u guys think about it?

USMCSI
05-10-2003, 07:51 PM
I hate the W:confused:
If they offered it with out the W I would so be all over that thing. Maybe a body shop can fill the w or something?

Hondawerx
05-11-2003, 12:27 AM
that logo is usually an emblem you put on after its painted i beleive, any good bodyshop should be able to fill in any possible indentations with ease.:D

USMCSI
05-11-2003, 02:29 PM
I might look in to that then. Is it exactly like the CTR spoiler, anybody know? I know that it is a hell of a lot less expensive.

ULTRAMANIA
05-11-2003, 07:54 PM
hey is that "W" a decal or is it a thin aluminum plate that is screwed in the side of the wing? sorry this is probably a stupid question cause it looks screwed in.. but.. if it is a decal. i will buy it for sur eand take that crap right off...

Mr.02BlackSIguY
05-12-2003, 12:03 AM
yea.. i was wondering about the WW also, if its exactly like the CTR one i would consider getting that one instead of the jdm one.

chubbychu
05-12-2003, 12:33 AM
looks a little smaller for some reason..i could be really really wrong though. the good thing about it is that its made for our eps.

ULTRAMANIA
05-12-2003, 12:26 PM
oh yea.. i got another question.. does it come painted? i know this is probably another stupid ass question but.. i'm just trying to be more SOLD in getting this wing...

SmoothOperator
05-12-2003, 12:52 PM
Ummmm guys, why not just get one of these?! I saw PapaBears in person and it looked good. JSIR and myself are each ordering one today.
Linky Linky (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=11303)

abc_kid
05-12-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
Ummmm guys, why not just get one of these?! I saw PapaBears in person and it looked good. JSIR and myself are each ordering one today.
Linky Linky (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=11303)

Well, some people don't like the fact it has a clear brake light and like all replica spoilers you will have to do some modifications to it to fit our Si. Has anyone confirmed with Wings West that their spoiler doesn't need to be modded and whether the emblem on it is removeable?

SmoothOperator
05-12-2003, 02:08 PM
Well considering it's about $100 Cheaper (US), I'm going with the replica. Screw Wings West.

LordKoo
05-12-2003, 10:02 PM
Has anybody done that? If there is no grinding down needed, i would definitely consider one.

Thanks!

SmoothOperator
05-12-2003, 10:26 PM
LordKoo, go to the thread I posted about cheap replica wings. All the info you'll need is there.

LordKoo
05-13-2003, 11:25 AM
SmoothOperator, thanks for the lookout for the cheaper replica ctr wings. But i am willing to fork out a little bit more for quality. I have seen a RSX-S with Wings West ITR spoiler, look fantastic.

I want to know if Wings west spoiler will fit on EP3 without molifications.

SmoothOperator
05-13-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by LordKoo
SmoothOperator, thanks for the lookout for the cheaper replica ctr wings. But i am willing to fork out a little bit more for quality. I have seen a RSX-S with Wings West ITR spoiler, look fantastic.

I want to know if Wings west spoiler will fit on EP3 without molifications.
I'm pretty sure the WingsWest spoiler is made for the USDM EP. So there shouldn't be any modification.
And in all honesty guys...when I saw papabears wing (replica) it looked MINT. Still trying to wrap my head around why you think it'd look cheap compared to the WW wing. It DOESN'T. Type-X's is a knockoff too, and it looks just as good.

ULTRAMANIA
05-13-2003, 02:15 PM
i emailed wingswest and they replied saying that it doesn't require any modifications at all.. but.. i dunno if that's to legit cause a lot of places that are selling the CTR style wing say the same thing too... i dunno though.. but they said if you want it to be painted the color of your ep, you can do it for $129.. i say that's not to shabby for a wing that is already made to fit our car and that is painted for a little under 400 bucks... not bad if you ask me.. but again you might wanna double check if it fits.. they told me it does.. but.. i dunno..

SpUD
05-13-2003, 06:51 PM
I think when wings west said that no mod is required they mean what they say. They only make USDM related parts. None of their parts is made for JDM. The only problem i have is their logo. U shouldve emailed them about the logo instead of the fitment! I trust the fitment but i wouldnt want that logo on a wing im ganna put on my car!

ULTRAMANIA
05-13-2003, 07:06 PM
yea i asked about the logo on the side of the wing.. but they didn't say an ything about that.. i think it is safe to assume that logo will be on the wing when you get it... sucks i know,c ause i was seriously going to consider it...

LordKoo
05-13-2003, 11:34 PM
If it does fit without molification, it would be a great buy. It sucks to buy cheaply made CTR wings from Taiwan because the plastic is not of high quality...

As for the wings west logo, just rotate it upside down and considered it Mugen's "M"!!!! :D

USMCSI
05-14-2003, 02:47 PM
Screw it, that's the wing that I will get, and I will get the w's filled or something. It looks Hi quality, you can get it painted, the brake light is red. These are all enough reason that I need.

Accordexcpe95
05-15-2003, 05:19 PM
u guys sure the ww wing comes with brake light. cuz didn't showstoppers said the usdm doesn't come with one.. he had a ground buy in the other thread

klik
05-16-2003, 07:15 AM
men when does this bodykit peeps start making some serious parts, like not rice stuff always, fast and the furious style
all i wanted is a plain CF CTR wing and that does not came out yet
i hate it !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

leaderboard
05-17-2003, 08:16 AM
The Wings West wing is an exact fitment to our cars, as far as the emblem goes, there is an indentation for the W which does screw in. The indentation is only about 1/8 in deep, anyone w/ any experience w/ filler or bondo should have no problem filling and smoothing it out. It does have a red 15 1/2 inch brake light.

02SilverSiHB
05-18-2003, 07:05 PM
Has anybody done that? If there is no grinding down needed, i would definitely consider one.

Thanks!
yes, I have one, but my light isn't clear, it's red

LordKoo
05-21-2003, 12:08 AM
02SilverSiHB, thanks for the pic. Do you have to molify the wing west spoiler to fit?

02SilverSiHB
05-21-2003, 06:25 AM
02SilverSiHB, thanks for the pic. Do you have to molify the wing west spoiler to fit?
I doubt it, since Wings West made it for the Si. I had to modify mine because it was made for a Type R, I bought it off of ebay

SmoothOperator
05-21-2003, 09:58 AM
^^ So then you DON'T have a Wings West wing. You've got a replica. Mine and JSIR's wings came in yesterday, and they came with Red lights too. Bonus considering I was expecting a clear lens.

02SilverSiHB
05-21-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
^^ So then you DON'T have a Wings West wing. You've got a replica. Mine and JSIR's wings came in yesterday, and they came with Red lights too. Bonus considering I was expecting a clear lens.
no don't have the wings west. I was just replying to LordKoo's question on the first page about getting the CTR wing and modifying it.