PDA

View Full Version : Getting Hatch, Psyched!!!

1990BMW325iC
05-11-2003, 06:41 AM
Hello all, my name is Adam and I am a new member here. Now that I am almost done for the year at school, I was contemplating on getting a car I can drive all of the time since I am transferring schools next year and will be commuting. I have some of the following in mind at first, VW GTI 1.8T, Sentra SER Spec V, Focus SVT, but the Si. After viewing some websites like this and others, I just fell in love with the car. It is something that I never see where I live and the aftermarket is starting to grow for it. I have some basic questions though, I am looking at coilovers and springs for the car, but I am not seeing the accompanying struts/shocks. I know when I got my H&R's, I def. had to change my shock's to Bilstein Sports. Even when looking at full systems like the ground control coilovers, only about $400.00, is that correct??? For my current car, it would cost me in excess of a grand. Well those are just my general questions at first, I will keep ou updated on my progress in getting the car, thanks again:cool:

1990BMW325iC
05-11-2003, 06:42 AM
Oh, and here is a pic of my current car:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/pb29acf62767015a31846a5933108da2f/fc3662ef.jpg

AznPower
05-11-2003, 08:34 AM
there are an abundance of aftermarket shocks. if u go in the suspension sec. there are almost a review on ever single one (neuspeed, tein, goldline, eibach, ect....) On the struts side there are some out but the catch is u have to modify them to fit. the factory housing has to be retain from the front to fit our cars, while the rear is a direct swap. Although tein has a full coilover system runing around $1500 which will replace the whole strut w/o any modification. hope this helps

sniperSI
05-11-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by AznPower
there are an abundance of aftermarket shocks. if u go in the suspension sec. there are almost a review on ever single one (neuspeed, tein, goldline, eibach, ect....) On the struts side there are some out but the catch is u have to modify them to fit. the factory housing has to be retain from the front to fit our cars, while the rear is a direct swap. Although tein has a full coilover system runing around $1500 which will replace the whole strut w/o any modification. hope this helps

I think you mean there is an abundance of aftermarket springs, and on the shock/strut side there is only koni's that have to be moded to fit.

ep3_hatch
05-11-2003, 10:17 AM
What brands/types struts/shocks are a direct replacement for the EP that require 0 modification. Thanks.

sniperSI
05-11-2003, 11:03 AM
There is none yet, tein had an add in this months Super street saying the basic kit will do, but to date, there is no shock strut that will work w/o mods. We all wait.

anjapower
05-11-2003, 11:31 AM
Yo dude, I'm from North Andover. Where do you go to school? I have an 03 Blue Si, and one of my best friends has a 03 Black Si. We should meet up! I go to school at Umass, I will probably be around after finals are over!

anjapower
05-11-2003, 12:01 PM
PM sent!

2k3vbpEP
05-11-2003, 01:07 PM
There is one that is available. The Spoon non adjustable drops right in and requires no mod. For coilovers there is the Tein type flex which I hear is nice for a bit more than a Koni/ground control setup (especially when you figure that the install on the koni setup will be a lot more expensive.)