PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Q, would really help

1990BMW325iC
05-11-2003, 09:23 AM
Hey guys, I have a question concerning spings and shocks on the Si. I see in alot of your sig's you are listing your spring but not shock, are you guys running stock shocks? I was wondering about that because I know on my BMW when I got H&R sports, I had to change the shocks to Bilstein Sports, if not there was no way I could drive the thing. I am sorry about this queer question, but I am getting a hatch soon and when I get it the first thing I am going to do it suspension and a drop. Also, I saw these coilovers, from showstoppers, Skunk 2 coilovers, now I would need new shocks with these correct? I am new to this world of custominzing as my e30 in completely different, thank-you again, you guys know your s**t, so that is why I ask, all the best.

Adam

FACTION95Si
05-11-2003, 09:33 AM
There aren't any aftermarket struts/shocks out for the EP yet. Thats why you don't see anyone having them. Word is that there will be some available by the end of the summer.

DjMacAtack
05-11-2003, 11:03 AM
or you can bust out 1700+ for tein type flex coilover's like me:D adjustable shocks and front camber plate included

2k3vbpEP
05-11-2003, 01:08 PM
actually 1545 if you go through titan motorsports

SHAKEnBAKE
05-11-2003, 04:36 PM
There is no actually "bolt-on" aftermarket shocks yet, the only thing available right now is to modify Konis, that is besides coil-overs of course.
That's why mine still has the "4wd" look.:D

2k3vbpEP
05-11-2003, 05:07 PM
Well Spoon claims to have ones for the EP3 (Type-r) that are a different partnumber than the ones for the integra DC5-R (RSX in the US). AFAIK the only difference between the type-r and the US SI on the struts is the size of the housing which will not matter if you are replacing the entire strut and not just doing an insert