PDA

View Full Version : I decided to sell the hatch and buy this...

02SilverSiHB
05-11-2003, 11:54 AM
I couldn't help it, the new Z is so awsome
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p4e346aabd879afd9d0886e39b94e906b/fc2ba7e4.jpg

:D not, The dealers went off on me for even getting in the car. They don't even let anyone test drive these...the buyers don't want any mileage on them, and no dumbass sitting in it taking pics of himself :D But damn, just sitting in that car...wow, nice very nice

sniperSI
05-11-2003, 11:59 AM
DAMN THE MAN!

Makross
05-11-2003, 12:59 PM
yeah them 3fiddy's are the shit

2k3vbpEP
05-11-2003, 01:04 PM
Well when I am ready to buy one if they don't let me test drive it I will tell them flat out that I will be test driving a BMW Z4 and will get it instead

SinisterCivicSi
05-11-2003, 01:53 PM
that is str8 bull, i have never heard of a dealer that expects you to buy the car but not drive it first.....what state are you living in?

02SilverSiHB
05-11-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by SinisterCivicSi
that is str8 bull, i have never heard of a dealer that expects you to buy the car but not drive it first.....what state are you living in?

IceD out N CALI
05-11-2003, 02:29 PM
i'd love to test drive that one too:)

mrfixit687
05-11-2003, 02:47 PM
i only drove them like about 5 times total already :D

Makross
05-11-2003, 03:29 PM
yeah in north carolina is the same thing they wouldnt let my cuzin test drive the Evo afta he purchase the car i think its bs too but the Z is a different story

2k3vbpEP
05-11-2003, 03:31 PM
Places around here tried doing that to my brother when he was looking to get a mustang. They would not let him test drive it unless he purchased hit so he found a place that would let him test drive it, he liked it and got it and then went to the other dealer to get floor mats and told the other salesman that he lost a comission because of it

IceD out N CALI
05-11-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by mrfixit687
i only drove them like about 5 times total already :D

bastard. which dealer let u do that?;)

SHAKEnBAKE
05-11-2003, 04:48 PM
Hey man i got the same shit here, the dealer in Alhambra, CA. He wouldn't even let me open the door! And FYI I don't look like a punk(the main reason dealer refuse drive test).

SinisterCivicSi
05-11-2003, 05:49 PM
that is some serious crap....i cant believe a dealer would try to sell a car that you cant test drive, or even fuckin look at first! just for spite i would get a manager involved and make a scene. if your seriously interested in the car, they have to let you look at it or drive it.......for God's sake its not like its the freakin Bond car....give me a break, its a nissan

02SilverSiHB
05-11-2003, 05:52 PM
that is some serious crap....i cant believe a dealer would try to sell a car that you cant test drive, or even fuckin look at first! just for spite i would get a manager involved and make a scene. if your seriously interested in the car, they have to let you look at it or drive it.......for God's sake its not like its the freakin Bond car....give me a break, its a nissan
yeah, I know, they act like it's worth a million :o

hamlet9634
05-11-2003, 05:53 PM
i've had the exact same problem at the mitsubishi dealer with the new evo. When my car was in the shop for a month and I was wondering if it was ever coming back, I walked into mitsu and asked for a test drive.. they said no.

AND I'M A DOCTOR..

I laughed in his face and said, "dude, it's a MITSUBISHI!" and walked out...

cj miller
05-11-2003, 05:54 PM
damn that sounds like the worst deal. do they think these are the hottest shit to ever be created!??!?! come on. no test drive no car. end of the story.

mrfixit687
05-11-2003, 06:17 PM
< super valet :p

Tekdemon
05-11-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by hamlet9634
i've had the exact same problem at the mitsubishi dealer with the new evo. When my car was in the shop for a month and I was wondering if it was ever coming back, I walked into mitsu and asked for a test drive.. they said no.

AND I'M A DOCTOR..

I laughed in his face and said, "dude, it's a MITSUBISHI!" and walked out...
wow a doctor that drives an EP =P I'd be one if not for my flunking the organic chem haha

but seriously, what's with these stupid ass dealers?! I didn't test drive the EP, but if the dealer wouldn't let me if I asked I woulda frigging flipped out...sheesh

JaYdEeEm
05-11-2003, 06:57 PM
damn the 350 is nice...but i'd rather get the twin turbo one that is suppose to come out next year.

2k3vbpEP
05-11-2003, 07:02 PM
I'll be surprised if they realease a twin turbo that soon. If you want one you can get the greddy turbo setup for less than I am sure Nissan will sell their version for.

Papa Bear
05-11-2003, 07:06 PM
Honda dealers here have done that with the 99/00 civic Sir's and the S2000's when they were new. Can you beleive that I was shopping the '99 Sir and the salesperson said I could't test drive it. I was 29 at the time with a good income and I just laughed at the kid. I ended up buying a used Probe GT instead. They tried that bullshit when the ep first came out and they were saying the same thing. A little over a year later and they are begging people to sit in the left over 02's! I got a very good deal when I bought mine in January. Don't worry, in a year or two the Z will have to be discounted as well. There is always something better around the corner. It is a great time to be a car enthusiast. Myself, I see myself moving into a used G35 Coupe in a few years and using my ep for the track...if my wife can be persuaded. :o

simione
05-11-2003, 09:09 PM
the other day i was at a local honda dealer where my friend works, and there was a man there trading inn his 350 for an s2000 because he said when he got into the 350 it felt like he was getting into an 84 z (he was mentioning about how cheap the interior was). i have to agree with him on this one the interior is very cheap and full of plastic. the door on the dash opens like an old garage door and almost needs assistance to help it open.

BSEVEER
05-11-2003, 09:33 PM
I think not offering a test drive is bullshit too but if they have enough people willing to buy them without a test drive then...na, it's still bullshit!

02SilverSiHB
05-11-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by simione
the other day i was at a local honda dealer where my friend works, and there was a man there trading inn his 350 for an s2000 because he said when he got into the 350 it felt like he was getting into an 84 z (he was mentioning about how cheap the interior was). i have to agree with him on this one the interior is very cheap and full of plastic. the door on the dash opens like an old garage door and almost needs assistance to help it open.
wow, I didn't even notice that when I was in the car.

mental
05-11-2003, 09:56 PM
you should have dick smacked them bitches... lol:D

JruSi02
05-12-2003, 12:11 AM
hey... with a ferrari you have to make a cash deposit before you even are allowed to open the door and sit in it, they're so sure you'll like it or somethin, but they let me drive a maseratti instead and i was 17 when i did it

EP33
05-12-2003, 07:56 AM
Gotta agree wit simione, plastic on the Nissans period is booty. S2000 fit and finish mush betta.

Anyone seen the new Honda commercial with Michael Andrettti coaching the kid on how to drive a stick in an S2000? Saw it this weekend.

BlasTech
05-12-2003, 08:49 AM
DUDE! just hold out for the RX-8!!! :D

SHAKEnBAKE
05-12-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by EP33
Gotta agree wit simione, plastic on the Nissans period is booty. S2000 fit and finish mush betta.

Anyone seen the new Honda commercial with Michael Andrettti coaching the kid on how to drive a stick in an S2000? Saw it this weekend.
Yeah.:D
"Can we make a right turn?":D

FACTION95Si
05-12-2003, 10:33 AM
When I had my 99Si I was going to get the new Z or get married..... I guess you can tell which choice I made :D I park next to a track model at the gym every now and then. I kick myself and cry every time:'(

Type X
05-12-2003, 03:30 PM
i been test driving the g35 coupe

i like it

the key is go to the dealer dressed like your ready to sign the papers

i went in adidas pants to NISSAN and they wouldnt lemme test drive the spec V
but in my work clothes i went to Lexus and got to whip a is300

and while i was on vacation in Fla i got to take a s2000 out for a spin :)

:cool:

this summer i m moving to Fla

i think its gonna be up in the air if i trade in the si for a g35 of s2k ;):angel:

mrfixit687
05-12-2003, 03:58 PM
see the sucky thing about test drives is, you cant really drive the cars normally or hard cuz theyre not broken in, and salesman in the car with you ;)

Dunrick
05-12-2003, 04:39 PM
Just like the NSX - nobody gets to test drive

no bank account will help either....

02TafWhtSi
05-12-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by FACTION95Si
When I had my 99Si I was going to get the new Z or get married..... I guess you can tell which choice I made :D I park next to a track model at the gym every now and then. I kick myself and cry every time:'(

I hope your wife doesn't find out! :D

l33t
05-12-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Dunrick
Just like the NSX - nobody gets to test drive

no bank account will help either....

actually i am 17 and i test drove an 02 NSX with no salesman in the car, it was the day i bought my EP

i really wish i had gotten the 350z, but at the time i was too lazy to work that little extra to pay the extra insurance costs

JaYdEeEm
05-12-2003, 08:42 PM
Hey type x if you trade in your car and thinking of selling parts of your car. i'll buy your CTR kit off you. if you want to sell it to me. :D

Brenetics
05-13-2003, 03:01 AM
My friend Carlos has one and he lets me drive it all the time. It's incredible, but I think our interiors have better materials....not like that means anything.

King Kang
05-13-2003, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by BlasTech
DUDE! just hold out for the RX-8!!! :D

You're kidding right.....? That Mazda is trash. What a way to ruin tradition with a four seater..........and Saturn doors. That car is lame. Don't listen to me though, I hate all Mazdas!

That shit about not getting a test drive is ridiculious. If you're serious about getting to drive the car, be patient enough to sit around and have them run a credit check and appraise the car you drove up in. Believe me, they'll think you're serious about buying the car. Say something like, "I really like the styling, and I'd like to learn about the different financing options you've got. I have some money saved up for a down payment, and I think I've built equity on my trade-in." After the drive, they'll try to get you to buy it, that's when you say that you're not really impressed with the car's performance and leave.

BlasTech
05-13-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by King Kang

You're kidding right.....? That Mazda is trash. What a way to ruin tradition with a four seater..........and Saturn doors. That car is lame. Don't listen to me though, I hate all Mazdas!

OK, I cant defend it since I've never driven one or even seen one in person, but the rotary's have been getting good props lately in the racing circuits, and I think the car looks less tubby than the 350z. BTW, I hate the 2+2 seat config too. ;)

George Knighton
05-13-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
The dealers went off on me for even getting in the car. They don't even let anyone test drive these...the buyers don't want any mileage on them....

LOL...

How do they expect to sell them if I can't drive them?

:shrug:

The Zed is a fine car, but it's not all that special.

George Knighton
05-13-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Type X
the key is go to the dealer dressed like your ready to sign the papers

My, goodness, you guys go to the wrong dealers.

LOL...

Here in Virginia, you can't tell from looking at how a guy dresses whether it's the third assistant at Burger King (21K/year) or Viscount Cranborne (975K/year).

You'd at least have to wait until the guy starts talking to know what's up.

Tekdemon
05-13-2003, 08:34 AM
so yeah I was searching on my college's website over the medical school acceptance list and apparently I *can* get into a buncha medical schools with my GPA. Happiness =P

Unless of course I actually did flunk organic chemistry lol...dammit I really should have taken the incomplete for that and finished it next year(DOH!)

But hopefully if all works out I can be a doctor and actually afford nice cars(uhh I mean nicer heh...love the EP and all but I can't say I wouldn't rather have a seriously kick ass BMW)

hamlet9634
05-13-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Tekdemon
so yeah I was searching on my college's website over the medical school acceptance list and apparently I *can* get into a buncha medical schools with my GPA. Happiness =P

Unless of course I actually did flunk organic chemistry lol...dammit I really should have taken the incomplete for that and finished it next year(DOH!)

But hopefully if all works out I can be a doctor and actually afford nice cars(uhh I mean nicer heh...love the EP and all but I can't say I wouldn't rather have a seriously kick ass BMW)

dude.. don't go to med school..

trust me, i know.. i'm a 1st year orthopaedic surgery resident... i hate it.. abhor it.. miserable life.. huge debt, and no.. you don't make jack shyte... and forget about having a normal life..

try going into standup

SiR Medic
05-13-2003, 11:33 AM
Any dealer that won't let you test drive a car before buying it is an idiot. Plain and simple.

I do know that many car dealers get a "sixth sense" as to who is really lookin' to buy and who is a "test pilot".

The dealer looks at what you're driving first. If you are driving a brand new car, you probably aren't looking at trading it in just yet.

Dress has VERY little to do with it... Millionaires can dress up in jeans and a t-shirt just like the rest of us. What they DO look at though, is shoes, watches, and sunglasses. Got a $10 Timex? Forget it. Those Wal-Mart special sneakers? No way! Got $300 Oakleys? Come on in!

I went to a Benz dealer wearing a Transformer t-shirt, old jeans, and driving a dirty '95 Grand Prix. The guy treated me like gold... once I got close enough for him to see the "O" on my sunglasses, my brand new Nikes, and my Boccia Titanium watch!:cool:

I went to a GM dealer shortly after, and I had to BEG for a drive in a Vibe GT! They kept saying "well we close in an hour..." and "it doesn't have much gas in it..." When I did drive it, I beat the crap out of it and when brought it back to them all I would say to them is "the Civic SiR is better!" That Vibe is still on the lot after 9 months with $3000 marked down!

The Honda dealer was nice to me from the get-go, but it sort of helped that I was getting off work and wearing my paramedic uniform at the time!

IchBinEinSiR
05-13-2003, 08:41 PM
Whoa, sounds like there are a lot of suckers out there! Why would you buy a Nissan without a test drive? Hell, if you half mean it, BMW and Ferrari will even bring you to a track day and let you RACE the car on the track! By the way, if you want a Z, buy a Datsun 240Z, the last great sportscar Nissan ever made.

Mind you, I'm sure that all those 350Z owners feel special driving a sports car that shares its engine with the Altima, Maxima, Murano, and Pathfinder as well as most of the Infinity line-up!

The S2000 is definately a better breed ( as well as quality ).

SinisterCivicSi
05-14-2003, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by IchBinEinSiR
Whoa, sounds like there are a lot of suckers out there! Why would you buy a Nissan without a test drive? Hell, if you half mean it, BMW and Ferrari will even bring you to a track day and let you RACE the car on the track! By the way, if you want a Z, buy a Datsun 240Z, the last great sportscar Nissan ever made.

Mind you, I'm sure that all those 350Z owners feel special driving a sports car that shares its engine with the Altima, Maxima, Murano, and Pathfinder as well as most of the Infinity line-up!

The S2000 is definately a better breed ( as well as quality ).

well said....

Papa Bear
05-14-2003, 05:52 AM
Ya and that engine has only been on Wards 10 best list forever! I don't like the rear wheel drive and almost 300hp either. I really don't like how everone stops and stares as you drive by! I guarentee all of you guys flaming the Z have never been in one let alone been cruisin' in one. I like my ep, but c'mon get real. The Z is an automotive bargain and so is it's even more attractive G35 Coupe. If I had more cash, I would have either in my driveway.

Tekdemon
05-14-2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by hamlet9634

dude.. don't go to med school..

trust me, i know.. i'm a 1st year orthopaedic surgery resident... i hate it.. abhor it.. miserable life.. huge debt, and no.. you don't make jack shyte... and forget about having a normal life..

try going into standup
lol...I don't think anybody enjoys residency =P

It's not impossible to have a normal life after your residency...a little difficult perhaps, but not impossible =P

But yeah, I've been trying to figure out what else I can do in life...bah.......bah! And I ended up getting a C in organic chem...according to my new transcript heh.

Anybody dissing the Z is probably just jealous =P

However, I myself also like the RX-8 and have no clue why some people think it's ugly(it's not!) plus I like having back seats...I dunno, there's that part of me that wants a sports car with practicality...which is actually why I have the Si...lol

King Kang
05-14-2003, 07:27 AM
if you want a Z, buy a Datsun 240Z, the last great sportscar Nissan ever made.

A good friend of mine has a partially restored 240z with 5 pt harnesses, a racing cam, exhaust, suspension, electronic ignition, bucket seats, and some other stuff. The car is ok. It reaks of gasoline.....not a daily driver. Cars that old have gremlins. Every week there seems to be another issue with the Datsun. She thought it would be a good daily driver, but in the end, she had to shell out the cash for an actual daily driver. The car looks kinda fly though.......from a distance. Up close you can see paint peeling and cracking rubber gaskets around each pain of glass.

I think the 350 is pretty fly. I would consider one if I had the cash.....or I might just get the STI.

HokieSi
05-14-2003, 07:32 AM
Personally I'd pop for a used nsx rather than a 350z.

BlasTech
05-14-2003, 07:48 AM
Me too, if I had the $$$ (flamesuit on)

Papa Bear
05-14-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by HokieSi
Personally I'd pop for a used nsx rather than a 350z.
I can't argue with that. I would take a vette over the Z too, but they are in a different class price wise. Here a Corvette is about 25 to 30 grand more than a Z or a G35. When you compare the 350Z to an Audi TT as Car and Driver did, you can see that the Nissan is a bargain...and it is a beautiful design. I love the S2000 too but I'm 6'2" and it is just a 1:1 scale model to me. I could never drive one. Plus I like the tourque that a larger V-6 like the 3.5L can produce. If you want a more refined interior and a back seat, check out the Infiniti.

Can you buy a good used NSX for 26-30 grand? The insurance and repairs would probably be double that of the Z and you wouldn't have any warranty. I haven't seen too many available here and the currency exchange makes it hard to compare prices. I could never drive an NSX eiter by the way.:'(

IchBinEinSiR
05-14-2003, 04:37 PM
OK, did anyone other than Papa Bear really think I was trying to defend the SiR? (not in the same catagory) It is what it is and no more. The same for the 350Z, it is a parts bin wizard, without it's own soul. Oh, the styling isn't really as unique as it is ugly, but it matches the rest of the lineup. BlasTech was right: wait for the RX-8; it only beat out the Mustang GT and 350Z in testing, and is truly original and innovative.

But who cares anyway? With the new RX-7 and Miata (with rotary option) coming out in the next few years (fingers crossed), who knows...

King Kang
05-15-2003, 06:41 AM
Ich....

I read a review where the RX-8 beat the Mustang and G35....but it was still the slowest car of the three! It won on value and seating space, which I thought was pretty lame because its a pussed out version of a once respectable line of sportscars. I hope Mazda finally got the kinks worked out of the rotary engine. I'll only believe they have when I see a reliable turbo-rotor-motor.

Rotary Miata! I'll be the first one to the hair salon! Miata's are way too frooty for me (and small, I'm 6'4.) If I was given one to drive, I'd get a liscense plate that said "SO STR8" or "ILUVTANG"

BTW...when I get my twin turbo SVX my plate will read "INUTONU"

Papa Bear
05-15-2003, 06:42 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by IchBinEinSiR
[B]OK, did anyone other than Papa Bear really think I was trying to defend the SiR? (not in the same catagory)

No, I meant the Corvette and 350z aren't in the same category price wise. I still want to know if you can buy good used NSX's for 25k? And even though you think the Z is a "parts bin car"...them's pretty good parts! It shares the chassis with the g35 sedan/coupe and it won the sports sedan shootout that Car and Driver did which included the almighty BMW 5 series. The engine is a gem as well. Just wait until Stillen starts to tune the new Z! I plan on buying a used one in a few years. Its good to see all of the new import performance cars like the RX-8, 350z, Evo, Sti etc hitting our shores....but we still need the type R and a new Supra Turbo!!

NwSI
05-15-2003, 10:35 AM
One Word.

Skyline.

*fawns* :* *gets fresh with tha R34*

To quote BBC
"Its a 50,000 pound Playstation."

I like what I have read on this thread. As the former owner of a 1975 280Z, a 1984 300ZX, and several other CRX's. I would have to say that the concept of the 350z does not seem to have any soul. However the execution of that was done gloriously, I have to gawk at that car when I see it. When it comes down to a reasonable (read: value) price. I will prolly try to get into one.

I really do like that Japan is getting serious about aquiring american enthusiast dollars. Bringing over the STI, EVO, etc.etc.etc Just shows that ALL this work ALL of us have been doing all these years with "Import Performance" is really showing Japanese companies that this generation is serious about owning Real, Raw Japanese high performance high technology power!!

So thats my rant, Sorry they wouldnt let you drive the Z pretty lame in my opinion. Just keep shopping around, you can find someone who will let you drive it..

IchBinEinSiR
05-16-2003, 03:04 PM
I don't think it's too bad...

Papa Bear
05-16-2003, 03:22 PM
That's not too shabby! Any idea what is under the hood? I've heard its gonna be a rotary but as far as power goes, I have yet to see any numbers. I was very disappointed that they put a Ford 3L in the new Mazda 6!:mad:

02TafWhtSi
05-16-2003, 03:24 PM
I don't think it's too bad...

ehhh...not bad but that front end is too cutesy...a little more aggressive and it would be nice.