PDA

View Full Version : Falken Azenis 215/45/16

chet
04-20-2003, 10:02 PM
I am getting my set this week for auto-x. Is it typical of these types of tires to wear so quickly? Anybody?

chubbychu
04-20-2003, 11:15 PM
thas it? 3 months......how much are they apiece? i cannot afford to be changin my tires every 3 months (at best) =O( although i would like more grippppp!

SpeedRacer
05-01-2003, 12:44 AM
im running on the azenis right now and yea they grip nice while they last but man the wear down to fast! anyways i had some prada spec 2 tires before these and they were nice tires and they did not wear as fast. i will be going back to my spec 2 tires when on my next tire purchase which should be soon

digitldlnkwnt
05-11-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by chet
I am getting my set this week for auto-x. Is it typical of these types of tires to wear so quickly? Anybody?

That is perfectly normal. Performance tires are typically made with a softer compound so they warm up faster to grip better. Nittos are infamous for waering away quick.

Theres a 3 digit number rating for the wear rate of the tire. The higher the number the slower the wear rate, but the less tenacious the grip.
Thats why i prefer yokohama, to me it's the best of both worlds

FailureToStop
05-11-2003, 05:14 PM
thas it? 3 months......how much are they apiece? i cannot afford to be changin my tires every 3 months (at best) =O( although i would like more grippppp! Dude he must have just tore it up big time to have it only last that long. With normal, every day driving the full set will last 10,000 mi's (i.e. no squeeling the tires).

And even if you do the stuff he is doing... don't forget you can rotate those puppies. So 2x the life that he is quoting.