PDA

View Full Version : OT: but sick

1abSi
05-12-2003, 05:51 AM
dang i was watching the Today show this morning in the background and i hear all this tire screeching noise....they were driving mini's in the little are next to the building...doing stunt drving from the movie the italian job...sick as hell. then jay leno got in and didi some driving...he was smokin the tires all over the place...anyone else see this?

RiceCzechs
05-12-2003, 06:44 AM
Missed it, but I do have the original Italian Job on VHS somewhere, and am always nervous when they remake a classic. Cult-Classic "Gone In Sixty Seconds" was turned into just another big-budget Hollywood groaner when they let Nicholas Cage get ahold of it a few years ago... :(

Si02
05-12-2003, 07:01 AM
Yea I saw it. Made me start thinking that I should have checked out the mini.......:confused:

golferjn
05-12-2003, 06:35 PM
i saw it too. it was pretty cool. thats what mini coopers are for

ep pilot
05-12-2003, 07:36 PM
I actually did check out the Mini, but at the time I needed a car quickly, and BMW wanted me to go on a list for some six months to get one, needless to say there have been times where the added space in my Si had proven to be the better choice.

-Ryan

ThickMick
05-12-2003, 07:44 PM
Yeah I saw it, it was cool, but the new mini's don't do it for me. I see three or four a day here, I rarely see the ole' SI (I've seen 4 in the last year) and I like it that way.

I like the classic mini's though :D