PDA

View Full Version : HELP! No Brake lights or blinkers after stereo install!

Hatch, Si Hatch
05-12-2003, 07:50 AM
OK, I took on a huge stereo install over the weekend. CD player, Door speakers, tweeters, rear speakers, amp, sub. Everything seemed to be working fine, but on the way to work this morn I turn the music down for a sec and hit the switch for a left hand turn and I didn't hear that normal ticking sound that you hear with the blinker on. I carefully proceed on to work realizing that I may not have any brake lights either. Sure enough, when I pull into the parking lot I try it out, nothing, nothing at all. I'm going to go out there on my lunch break and see if I can find anything. The two things I know I'm going to check is the fuse box(anyone know if it is the one uder the dash or under the hood) and I also thought maybe I left the plug for the hazzard button un-plugged, not sure if this would cause it or not, it may complete a circuit. Those are the 2 things I thought of, I wanted to post and ask you guys if there may be some other things I need to check.

Thanks,

Eric

3rdhatch
05-12-2003, 07:54 AM
Check the fuses cause mine did the same thing and I had 1 fuse blown under the hood. Second time around I left the hazard button undone and it did the same thing.

i-WERKS
05-12-2003, 10:53 AM
you forgot to plug in the hazard lights switch. Happened to me before. This will cause your signals and brake lights not to work.

Hatch, Si Hatch
05-12-2003, 11:07 AM
Yep, just ran out to the car, pulled the lower center part of the console out and sure enough, there it was, unplugged, the dang hazzard light button. I figured it was either that or a fuse. Thanks for the help guys, now I don't have to worry about getting rear ended(due to not haveing taillights that is).

siver-SI
05-12-2003, 05:08 PM
That is good to know to check when I do my stereo intall I never would have thought of that.