PDA

View Full Version : newbie question: camber kit install

Tenacious G
05-12-2003, 10:55 AM
do camber kits need to be installed along with lowering springs??? i have tein s-tech springs waiting to be installed and will be ordering a camber kit to go along with them, but do they necessarily need to be installed at the same time? (aside from the obvious convenience factor?)

thanks for any input

02SilverSiHB
05-12-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
do camber kits need to be installed along with lowering springs??? i have tein s-tech springs waiting to be installed and will be ordering a camber kit to go along with them, but do they necessarily need to be installed at the same time? (aside from the obvious convenience factor?)

thanks for any input
no you can wait later after the install to put the camber kit in if you want.

FACTION95Si
05-15-2003, 10:21 PM
I just got done installing the SPC camber kit on the front and rear. I eyeballed the settings for now untill I take it down to the alignment shop tomorrow. I just took the EP for a spin around the block and its driving totally F'ed up! I gotta limp it down to the alignment shop so they can set it correctly.

FailureToStop
05-15-2003, 11:45 PM
Faction,

How was the car driving before you put in the camber kit? Are you saying that the ride was better BEFORE you installed the camber kit and did the eyeball alignment? And that the camber kit screwed it up?

FACTION95Si
05-16-2003, 01:55 PM
This is what happened. From the stock suspension I installed Ground control coilovers. Then is was out of whack so I got a lifetime alignment at Firestone Tire in San Bernardino (close to my work). Then I installed the camber kit last night and since I didn't have any type of alignment tools I had to eyeball the camber kit settings. And we all know that you can't eyeball an alignment of a car so again after installing the camber kit my alignment was all out of whack. Its pretty interesting how the changes in camber could make the car drive so different. It also whacked the toe out a bit as well. I got the EP aligned this morning and now its back to driving straight as an arrow. Taking it to the alignment shop this morning was an interesting experience. The sterring was super sloppy and unresponsive. It probably looked like I was driving drunk.