PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs advice

MPgrunt81
08-11-2002, 08:47 AM
I recently totaled my 01 Civic ex coupe. A bad thing. Now I'm looking at buying a Si. A good thing. I need any help / hints / tips advice that you more veteran owners can help me on. Like good basic mods I can make. What price I should be paying (I live in Louisville KY). Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

dannysi
08-11-2002, 09:08 AM
Good choice in wanting to get the new SI. You won't regret it.
As far as how you should pay fro the car, can't really say. I live in NY and here the dealers are always trying to Jack someone. Just lookin to 2-3 diff dealers and compare prices. Basic mods you can do to your car is Intake, Suspension, Exhaust. My advice don't rush into anything take your time and buy the best product for your money.

David K.
08-11-2002, 10:27 AM
Price is gonna depend on your areas supply. In Dallas these cars seem to be pretty scarse so I had to pay for mine, but I've heard in other cities they're practically giving them away. My first mod was springs, helped handling a ton and really improved looks, too. Then I added an intake, the Typhoon fron K&N. Our exhaust system is supposed to be real restrictive, so you will want to take care of that, too. Pretty much our cars benefit from the same mods. as most others.

dannysi
08-11-2002, 10:52 AM
Price is gonna depend on your areas supply. In Dallas these cars seem to be pretty scarse so I had to pay for mine, but I've heard in other cities they're practically giving them away.

I agree with you on this. When I purchased my car I was the 1st. The dealers just recvd it and I took it right off of them. I paid a pretty penny fro my SI. Now they are cheaper to get.

IceD out N CALI
08-11-2002, 11:27 AM
my advice. Drive here to cali, they'll sell you one for 15900 + tax/lic etc. Worth the drive or plane ticket if it saves ya 3 large

beretta627
08-11-2002, 07:05 PM
make sure you put horsepower producing wheels and a CF hood on the car ... and 50hp Type-R stickers. :rolleyes:

MPgrunt81
08-11-2002, 07:49 PM
those hp producing rims wouldn't happen to be volk would they?