PDA

View Full Version : trying to understand how MY setup is gonna work

chubbychu
05-12-2003, 10:02 PM
okay if i were to write this out it would take all day so i drew a picture

if you have any questions please please just ask...i really need the help thanks!

chubbychu
05-12-2003, 10:03 PM
stock setup

chubbychu
05-12-2003, 10:04 PM
after right?

Surprise
05-12-2003, 10:55 PM
What type of amp are you using?

If I were you I would run new wires from the amp to the speakers, and I would use the factory deck to power the rear speakers.

chubbychu
05-12-2003, 11:10 PM
AHH thank you so much for replying!

im gonna be using a OLD power logic 4channel 50 watt amp...im not sure of the amp product number cuz its a hand me down. but im sure its sufficient

and about the factory deck powering the rear speakers...how do i do that with the line level converter? here is a picture of the instructions and as you can see it requires that i plug in all the wires...hmm....

Surprise
05-12-2003, 11:39 PM
You could get away with just using the front wires A1-A4 as the input; at least you could try to do it that way. Your might be able to internally split the single front signal and use it for the rear. Or you could connect the factory speakers in parallel with the A5-A8 input.

The reason I ask what type of amp is that alot of people don't utilize the fact that most new amps have high level inputs already, but since yours is an older model it makes since that you are using the level converter.

chubbychu
05-12-2003, 11:47 PM
by this

Your might be able to internally split the single front signal and use it for the rear

you mean...divide the signals of A1-A4 and put it into A5-A8?

and im not sure what this means.

Or you could connect the factory speakers in parallel with the A5-A8 input.

so basically what were looking at now is how to connect the rears.

and that i should run ALL new wires to EVERYTHING

mhx
05-13-2003, 07:35 AM
where did you buy that converter at? I have never seen such a nice one

jaydub
05-13-2003, 09:22 AM
Depending on what front components you use, and how much power they're going to receive, you might not even be able to hear the rear speakers. I've got a pair of 6.5" coaxials in the stock locations in the rear, and my front speakers overpower them completely, to the point that I just unplugged them. Most sound-quality type vehicles don't even have rear speakers, commonly referred to as rear fill, because they really don't "add" to the sound. I'd honestly recommend, in the name of saving money, to just do front components and the subs first, then if you still want the rear speakers, just run those off the head unit's stock power.

chubbychu
05-13-2003, 04:00 PM
ive already installed my rear coax's but thank! im waiting for an amp kit...and than im off to the installer!

by the way www.sounddomain.com has the line converter for cheeeeep!

chubbychu
05-13-2003, 09:25 PM
OKAy ive pretty much had all my questions answered thanks!