PDA

View Full Version : will dealship know???

team ERA 5
05-12-2003, 10:09 PM
aight guys back to my fucked up car...my cars dropped and i think my axle or cv boot or tranny something i dont kno...my cars dropped on neuspeeds will they charge me for changing anything and fixing it..yes huh cuz i voided it with my springs??? i wonder if honda will kno my cars dropped haha ???? HELPPP MEE they guy at honda test drove my car and told me my rotors might be warped??? i wonder if they cover that with my warrenty???? A LOT OF QUESTION TO BE ANSWERED....help me!!! WHAT DO I SAY what do i do??? i have an appt tom at 8...SHOULD I BITCH AND SAY I DIDNT KNO CHANGING MY SPRINGS VOIDED MY WARRENTY??? haha

team ERA 5
05-12-2003, 10:10 PM
oh yea the problem is whenever i brake....it feels like its grinding and its pushing my brake pedal back up.....its hardcore grinding and crunching when ever i come to a complete stop...HELP ME OUT GUYS WHAT IS IT???

mrfixit687
05-13-2003, 07:07 AM
here's a suggestion, why dont you man up, accepted the fact that you fucked up your own car, take responsibility for it, and pay for it out of your own pocket :o

dustinhurley
05-13-2003, 09:44 AM
I had a similar incident. I got some Sprint springs installed at a local shop. Everything went fine. Then a couple weeks later, I brought home a set of Racing Harts to install, and about 8 of my lug nuts were stripped out. I was able to get all the wheels slightly on, and one with only 2 lugs. I drove it up and down my driveway to see if it would be safe to drive straight to the dealer. I heard some clunking, so I quit. I had to pay like $100 to get it towed on a flatbad truck to my dealer. They looked at it, ended up replacing all 16 wheel studs, a wheel bearing and something else I can't remember. Total was over $900, not covered by warranty. This was due to a non-Honda mechanic modifying the suspension and causing the damage. So it came out of my pocket on a 2 month old car. But, I ended up sueing the shop that installed my springs and they covered it all.
Then I had worse luck. A couple months later, I was hearing grinding when I applied the brakes. So I took my car to my dealer to get it looked at. They called my 20 minutes before they closed to tell me that nothing was wrong and the noise was due to my springs. I couldn't get there in time before they close, so they kept my car overnight. They called me the next morning to say that 3 of my 18" Racing Hart C3 wheels with Parada-2 tires were stolen. They stripped the last lug nut on the 4th wheel so they left it. And of course, my dealer wasn't responsible for theft. Even though they had full posession of my vehicle and parked it outside. I ended up getting insurance to cover that though.
In the end, I am now going to a much more understanding dealer. They know that people modify Civics and they don't care. They fixed my damaged rotor under warranty. Even though the suspension had been modified. Sorry so long, just thought I'd share my experience.

3rdhatch
05-13-2003, 03:33 PM
If I had to guess I would say that it would be the wheel bearings. Can't promise anything though. Ask the dealership to look at it.

team ERA 5
05-13-2003, 07:12 PM
well heres my story TOOK IT IN AT 830 they told me that my knuckle bearings were all fucked up my cv boot is fucked up and the bolt that holds it together is fucked up....soooo all in all....its fucked up!!! price to get that all fixed: PRICELESS hahaha my ass MORE LIKE 835.33...yep...but the honda dealership fixed my wheel studs under the table for 50 bucks just gave it to the mechanic straight up...

David K.
05-13-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by mrfixit687
here's a suggestion, why dont you man up, accepted the fact that you fucked up your own car, take responsibility for it, and pay for it out of your own pocket :o

On the other hand.......

It's only cheating if you get caught

:angel: