PDA

View Full Version : adding NOS....

alluStrIousTypR
05-13-2003, 09:54 AM
i'll be honest and let everyone know that i'm a newbie to NOS....my question is.....does anything stock NEED to be upgraded before installing a 50 shot of NOS?? Or can it be installed with the engine BONE STOCK? Please give me ANY information that may be relevant, and please be free to add any thoughts or extra educational info....thanks

mhx
05-13-2003, 10:46 AM
you dont need to upgrade anything for engine internals.. until you to run over 75-100 shot.

Some of the RSX guys are running 125.. But there nuts.
100 is pushing it depending your climate.

alluStrIousTypR
05-13-2003, 12:21 PM
another question....whats the difference between a wet kit and a dry kit, and which one is better for the ep?

mhx
05-13-2003, 12:55 PM
wet kits add fuel and nitrous at the same time thur nozzles

dry kits use a small comptuter to tell the Injectors when to spray more fuel.. but theres none that work with our fuelless return systems

wet kits are safer ( i think ) reason, if an INJ fails your screwed.. wet kits always add more fuel so theres no way you can run to lean.

smokincivic
05-13-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by alluStrIousTypR
another question....whats the difference between a wet kit and a dry kit, and which one is better for the ep?

You cant run a dry kit on a stock EP

Has anyone else noticed the same f'ing thread with the same f'ing question over and over again in this forum or is that just me??

smokincivic
05-13-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by mhx
you dont need to upgrade anything for engine internals.. until you to run over 75-100 shot.

Some of the RSX guys are running 125.. But there nuts.
100 is pushing it depending your climate.

Also thought I would comment on this. RSX guys running 125 shot completely stock... absolute stupidest thing I have ever heard, no way that engine will last. I find it hard to believe that they are actually completely stock, ie not even colder plugs or a timing retard.

2k2ep
06-02-2003, 11:16 AM
i gonna run aem's fuel rail its the cheapest direct port. also most effective, safest and its easy compared to plumbing the intake

Laz's EP
06-02-2003, 09:11 PM
Just remember to change your stock plugs.I've been told that you can't used platinum plug with NOS.Correct me if I'm wrong.

2k2ep
06-04-2003, 01:17 PM
you got it. im actually running a wet 50 shot with two steps colder plugs, aem fuel rail, a window timer, and a bottle blanket.
sound good?

fsugatorbait
06-04-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by 2k2ep
you got it. im actually running a wet 50 shot with two steps colder plugs, aem fuel rail, a window timer, and a bottle blanket.
sound good?

What kit are you using, any problems as of yet?

2k2ep
06-05-2003, 11:58 AM
sorry, going to run. I havent got it yet. I'm actually going to order it this month and planned on nx kit but have you heard of any better ones?

ssvr6
06-05-2003, 01:12 PM
Here's the most important piece of information that you're going to need to run this kit...

IT'S CALLED NITROUS OR N2O. NOT FUGGIN' NOS!!!!

After you've learned that, do a search and read all of the other posts.

Steve

jerky
06-05-2003, 01:26 PM
you can call it nos if you want. we've been calling it nos for years, then this fucking movie comes out and everybody freaks about nitrous being called nos because they don't want to be associated with the movie. who cares? it's no big deal to me. some of the most hardcore guys still call it nos, they don't give a fuck about the movie or any of this "internet-put this bitch in his place" crap.

jerky
06-05-2003, 01:28 PM
oh, and i know you are hardcore so you don't have to direct me to the boost forum. just stay hardcore, who really cares if someone calls something a certain way. that's all i am saying.

fsugatorbait
06-05-2003, 02:11 PM
sorry, going to run. I havent got it yet. I'm actually going to order it this month and planned on nx kit but have you heard of any better ones?

Thats the kit Im thinking about getting...its either 'nitrous' or hondata...havent made up my mind yet.

ssvr6
06-05-2003, 02:34 PM
I was running nitrous on my VR6 before the FNTF and I wasn't calling it "NOS". Yes, I had NOS kit 05123 on my car, but it was still nitrous.

It's like saying you're going to make a xerox instead of a copy. I don't know, it just sounds uneducated.

Steve

jerky
06-05-2003, 04:38 PM
good enough. although, i am sure you didn't go out of your way to correct anybody before the movie came out. i call cotton swabs q-tips too. congrats on the turbo, by the way. make sure to dyno that fucker and let us know the numbers.

ssvr6
06-05-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by jerky
good enough. although, i am sure you didn't go out of your way to correct anybody before the movie came out. i call cotton swabs q-tips too. congrats on the turbo, by the way. make sure to dyno that fucker and let us know the numbers.

If you know me, you'll know that I'll get everything I can. Dynos, 1/4 times, etc...

Steve

2k2ep
06-06-2003, 09:02 AM
I'ts just a word if it's that big of a damn deal I'll stop coming here. There's nothing I dislike more than people needlessly being ASSHOLES it's not like you did not know what NOS was suppose to mean its just an abbreviation. Stop giving people a hard time about pointless shit it just makes others want to do the same, after all we are all here for the same basic thing and the last time I checked it was not for talking shit. And the crack about education level was not well taken its not like we have not searched and seen plenty I was simply asking an opinion of another person about NOS. I was not asking for your retarded ass comment about your feelings on the word NOS or peoples education.

Suk02Si
06-06-2003, 09:22 AM
It's okay man, take a deep breath. :)

I don't like it when people refer to nitrous as NOS either. Normally I don't correct them, I just refer to it as nitrous and hope they catch on;)

Would you like a Kleenex to wipe ur nose?

ssvr6
06-06-2003, 09:37 AM
I'ts just a word if it's that big of a damn deal I'll stop coming here. There's nothing I dislike more than people needlessly being ASSHOLES it's not like you did not know what NOS was suppose to mean its just an abbreviation. Stop giving people a hard time about pointless shit it just makes others want to do the same, after all we are all here for the same basic thing and the last time I checked it was not for talking shit. And the crack about education level was not well taken its not like we have not searched and seen plenty I was simply asking an opinion of another person about NOS. I was not asking for your retarded ass comment about your feelings on the word NOS or peoples education.

Sorry, didn't mean to strike a nerve there. If I had known you were an uneducated cock smoker from the begining, I wouldn't have harrassed you.

Steve

2k2ep
06-06-2003, 09:49 AM
I would not have expected a comment any brighter than that one from you steve.

ssvr6
06-06-2003, 10:03 AM
Sweet! I aim to please. At least I'm predictable AND consistant.

Everyone ALWAYS knows where I stand.

Now, to really address the issue. What's wrong with correcting someone if what they're saying is wrong? I don't know, maybe it falls back on the "educated" comment. I personally don't want to sound like a dumbass in general. Thus, I go out of my way to ensure that when I speak, (and type) that my sentences are well formed and at least make sense.

Now, if I start saying that I need some headers for my car and someone says...."Uhhh....we only need a "header". Then I'll say "whoops" and go on knowing that I'll never make that mistake again. I won't be pissed that I was corrected.

Now, is it my place to correct people on this site? Was I appointed the proof reader supreme? Nope, however, if someone actually listens to corrections and stops making mistakes, it makes for a nice environment and I feel like I've contributed something to society. ;)

You calling me an asshole is not productive or constructive at all. I didn't call anyone names. I made a point, directed the noob to use the search feature and I was done.

If it's so hard for you to deal with my comments, why don't you get out?

Steve

2k2ep
06-06-2003, 10:51 AM
hmmm, how is the word (NOS) wrong? #1 because i'ts a brand? Or #2 because you dont like it? Look I did not want to start shit it just pisses me off to see someone like you making comments like that to people over something like this. and you did not JUST direct the noob to the search feature, you made a smartass statement in bold capitol letters. so if you feel like youve contributed your part to society and YOU can be a perfect person like you expect from us than I guess I have nothing else to say.

ssvr6
06-06-2003, 11:01 AM
:rolleyes:

No point in arguing over this. Not worth the time.

Steve

ssvr6
06-06-2003, 11:03 AM
....just pisses me off to see someone like you

BTW--What is this supposed to mean? "Someone like me?"

Who am I?

Steve

2k2ep
06-06-2003, 11:25 AM
(proof reader supreme) someone who's suppose to be helping not telling people off, that's who you are in your own terms. just dont be pissed I have a point. also I must include that I'm sorry for any mean comments I was just trying to make a point. and I'd still like an answer to how NOS is wrong is it #1, or #2.

ssvr6
06-06-2003, 12:01 PM
Well, which one of these statements sound right?

"I'm adding NX to my car"

or

"I'm spraying NX"

or

"I just bought an NX kit for my car"

The latter right? So why is NOS acceptible in ALL of the above examples? Because they started the kits that utilized N2O? I refer back to the Xerox statement. It's a copy, not a Xerox. Sorry, but that statement is wrong.

As for the FNTF, I've been correcting people since I was corrected 5 years ago. Nitrous and N2O is what's actually being used or sprayed. NOS is the kit manufacturer.

Steve

bioevolve
06-06-2003, 12:13 PM
ummm.....NOS is a brand like NX, ZEX, Venom, etc.
When most people say they have NOS, others like me think you have NOS the brand, so just say N2O for type of power adder. So posting with more specifics is best, so no one will get confused, exspecially the noobz.

M-eye O-Pen-Eon :o :D ;) :p

2k2ep
06-06-2003, 12:18 PM
alright you got me there but I have one more question do you have nitrous or nitrous oxide on you car I'm a little confused?
lol thanks

bioevolve
06-06-2003, 12:42 PM
I had N2O (Complete NX kit with GENX2 kit and other little stuff). Sold it after I blew my A3 motor:p
I have lots of posts and pics about N2O, just do a search on me.
Here's a start (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8133)

smokincivic
06-06-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6

Sorry, didn't mean to strike a nerve there. If I had known you were an uneducated cock smoker from the begining, I wouldn't have harrassed you.

Steve

LMFAO!

kenis138
06-11-2003, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by bioevolve
I had N2O (Complete NX kit with GENX2 kit and other little stuff). Sold it after I blew my A3 motor:p
I have lots of posts and pics about N2O, just do a search on me.
Here's a start (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8133)

Uh oh, I was thinkin bout doin this, but now you got me nervous...
You blew yer engine with nitrous?! Running what shot?

ssvr6
06-11-2003, 06:43 AM
100+ IRC.

Steve

bioevolve
06-11-2003, 03:13 PM
105 shot, but I think it was higher from others have been telling me(in the 120-125 shot area). N2O jet 52 and Fuel jet 31. I was pushing to hard.:D 50 and 75 are safe when doing it right.