PDA

View Full Version : 7" Screen and stock radio??

Chrisbgft
05-13-2003, 12:53 PM
Well, i just bought a 7" indash screen and i am planning on hooking it up to my PS2. Well, i was wondering if its possible to add this and keep my stock radio so i can use the cd player and am/fm radio still? Would this be hard to do?

JLannoo
05-13-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Chrisbgft
Well, i just bought a 7" indash screen and i am planning on hooking it up to my PS2. Well, i was wondering if its possible to add this and keep my stock radio so i can use the cd player and am/fm radio still? Would this be hard to do?

Want type of screen did you buy? I'm just curious. I have seen some no brand ones on the net that are very cheap. I wondered how the quality was.

Mounting it with the stock head unit sounds like it would require some custom work. Maybe somebody here has a idea or two.

To route sound thru your speakers you could buy a inexpensive RF modulator. Or you could buy a expensive AUX in adapter that would connect to the changer port on the stock head unit.

Chrisbgft
05-13-2003, 02:59 PM
do u see why i want to do it though? I want to use the screen for the PS2. Thats it, but i still want to have the stock headunit for the radio. I listen to radio all the time and i dont want to lose it.

Accordexcpe95
05-14-2003, 07:24 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid21/ped355c246d387c1571f6bcb36273d67b/fdb2c214.jpg

stock headunit + Sega Saturn(added VCD card)

soo yes, it can be done.

gotoevolution
05-15-2003, 05:33 AM
It's very simple, all you have to do is buy something called an FM Modulator, the most you'll spend is probably $50.00. Once you get that, take out your radio, the factory antenna will connect to your FM modulator and out of the FM modulator you will connect an antenna to your radio, connect the 12 volt power from the modulator to the back of your radio same with ground, run the switch to turn on and off the modulator to somewhere that you find it to your liking, out of the FM modulator you will have a left and a right rca output, that is what you will connect to the audio left and right of your video soure(PS2, DVD, X-box, etc.) just mount the FM modulator behind your radio, nothing will happen to it back there, then just connect your tv and your ready to go, let me know if you need any help.