PDA

View Full Version : steering wheel not strait.....help

ApexinSi
05-13-2003, 07:31 PM
anyone else have a steering wheel that has to be turned slightly left or right to go strait?.. Well I just got new tires and an alignment and now my steering wheel has to be turned to the left to go strait...
Can I just take off my steering wheel and straiten it?...anyone done this yet?.... i know i got airbags and all too... so i dont' know... HELP!

sk2oi
05-13-2003, 07:47 PM
The reason why you steering wheel is off is because your alignment is off. If you just got it done you should bring your car back and have them do it again, because your steering wheel should be straight after an alignment.

ApexinSi
05-13-2003, 07:55 PM
i got hit by a car at like 5mph a while back...hit me in the front left rim and after that i had to turn my steering wheel to the right a tad to go strait... now after my alignment i have to turn the wheel to the left a tad... is it possible my steering wheel moved slightly when i got hit?..like moved a thread or 2?.. or does a steering wheel only go on in one direction?..like no fine adjustments...?

shimmy_yaz
05-13-2003, 08:00 PM
My car is aligned perfect I can go for ever in a straight line but my steering wheel is cocked a little to the left and was like that when I bought it.

ApexinSi
05-13-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by shimmy_yaz
My car is aligned perfect I can go for ever in a straight line but my steering wheel is cocked a little to the left and was like that when I bought it.

I think i read somewhere here before that u can take the steering wheel off then straiten it and put it back on... I'd have done this already but i can't find my Helms Manual!!..AHH!!!... damn trolls stole it!.. I'm thinking there might be some ECU resetting to be done if the airbag is disconnected and reconnected... I can go in a strait line forever too..